Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to the toilet during lessons?

Going to the toilet during lessons?

I don't let children go to the toilet during lesson time. One of the mums have complained has I made her boy wait all afternoon?

Would it bother you as a parent?
    Last edited by Miss lauren; 30-10-2017 at 12:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss lauren View Post
    I don't let children go to the toilet during lesson time. One of the mums have complained has I made her boy wait all afternoon?

Would it bother you as a parent?
    You made him wait all afternoon to go to the toilet? Yes that would bother me

How old was the child? I think it depends whether the child is old enough to appreciate that you're supposed to go at break and lunch if you need to go.

If it was a well behaved child who doesn't usually ask then I would have more of a problem with making them wait, as they are probably the ones who really need to go.

Year 2.

I only let them go if they have a medical note, he asked 5 minutes after lunch and had to hold on until hometime.

Sorry I don't agree with you at all, a child should be allowed to go to the toilet. I wouldn't like being told to wait a couple of hours so why should a child.
    Tuareet

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuareet For This Useful Post:

Perdita (30-10-2017)

Year 2.

I only let them go if they have a medical note, he asked 5 minutes after lunch and had to hold on until hometime.
    So you expect everybody's digestive system to work in time with lesson times? I hope you never have cystitis or Montezuma's revenge before being able to get a doctor's note because I expect you would not quickly nip out to the loos before home time yourself, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    So you expect everybody's digestive system to work in time with lesson times? I hope you never have cystitis or Montezuma's revenge before being able to get a doctor's note because I expect you would not quickly nip out to the loos before home time yourself, right?
    Actually yes I don't go to the toilet unless I can get cover to watch the children. They should not be guzzling so much water they can't last a couple of hours without a wee.

Actually yes I don't go to the toilet unless I can get cover to watch the children. They should not be guzzling so much water they can't last a couple of hours without a wee.
    Well, I hope you are not going to have an embarrasing experience one day when you can't get cover .. we are always advised to have plenty of water during the day and it is not always down to the amount you drink how often you need the toilet .. you really expect a 6 year old to go thirsty so they don't need the toilet? smh
    Last edited by Perdita; 30-10-2017 at 17:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Well, I hope you are not going to have an embarrasing experience one day when you can't get cover .. we are always advised to have plenty of water during the day and it is not always down to the amount you drink how often you need the toilet .. you really expect a 6 year old to go thirsty so they don't need the toilet? smh
    No I expect them to go for a wee at playtime and lunchtime.

Might not be a wee they need ...

Thread Information