Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Carla Connor (Alison King)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I feel she will be put back with Peter
    Would not surprise me ... same old, same old ...

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Would not surprise me ... same old, same old ...
    I would like her to return with a Nick or Robert Junior

She is married or has a partner so I doubt that is the reason. She might just miss playing her character or working with the other cast members. She had a break and is ready to return. I hope she returns as the old feisty Carla and not the whimpering scared woman she was at the end. And Tracy needs her comeuppance for causing the fire and getting away with it Go Carla, Go Go Go !!
    I don't think women rely on a partner to keep them the days plus she has had multiple partners but doesn't have one at present. http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-n...nnor-departure
    http://liverampup.com/entertainment/...t-married.html
    Last edited by LouiseP; 16-08-2017 at 11:06.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LouiseP For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-08-2017)

She is married or has a partner so I doubt that is the reason. She might just miss playing her character or working with the other cast members. She had a break and is ready to return. I hope she returns as the old feisty Carla and not the whimpering scared woman she was at the end. And Tracy needs her comeuppance for causing the fire and getting away with it Go Carla, Go Go Go !!
    did she not split from her husband, partner or baby daddy as there were rumours of her getting with co stars shayne ward and ryan thomas

did alison act in anything since she left the street?

Coronation Street boss Kate Oates has teased tension between Carla Connor and her long-term best friend Michelle when she returns to Weatherfield.

It was confirmed back in August that Alison King was reprising her role as fan favourite Carla, who will be on her way back to the Cobbles at Christmas.

And while most details about her comeback are being kept under wraps, viewers can expect to see some big changes for the character – in particular when it comes to her friendship with Michelle.

Speaking to What's On TV, Kate said: "I am definitely keen to explore different sides of their relationship."

"They have obviously got Robert in common now which is interesting, but their friendship is really strong, so anything that challenges it will have to feel very truthful and quite deep.

"I just want to explore the dynamics – [it] would be a shame to leave everything as is. What's good about these long-standing friendships is when you challenge them and see what could potentially break them.

"But that is not the storyline that brings her in, what brings her in is something a bit more unexpected."

Carla bowed out of Corrie in June 2016 – following her disastrous wedding to Nick Tilsley – who she'd cheated on with Michelle's current partner Robert.

Digitl Spy

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (14-09-2017), tammyy2j (14-09-2017)

What's good about these long-standing friendships is when you challenge them and see what could potentially break them.

Why is that good? Why can't people just be left as friends? Why do we have to look at ways of breaking up long-standing friendships?

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (14-09-2017), lizann (14-09-2017), Perdita (14-09-2017), tammyy2j (14-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Why is that good? Why can't people just be left as friends? Why do we have to look at ways of breaking up long-standing friendships?
    Even in the name of drama this should be possible!!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (14-09-2017), parkerman (14-09-2017)

I want Carla to return with a child but I assume Michelle and Johnny have been in contact or visiting her so would have said if she had one

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (14-09-2017), lizann (14-09-2017)

I can't understand why she's coming back so soon in the first place, run the factory I guess. Be nice imo. for the show to recruit some real, earthy northern working class characters ,the likes of Beth Tinker (rarely seen nowadays). Always seems to be the business folk, the so called wealth creators. Not just corrie , emmerdale has gone down the same route. Again, needs a balance, imo, So much virtually unknown acting talent out there ,jump at a chance, I reckon

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

lizann (14-09-2017), parkerman (14-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    I think Alison King was having trouble finding other work! She needs to pay the mortgage.
    Did she do any other roles while away from the show?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (14-09-2017)

Thread Information