Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Canning

Last edited by tammyy2j; 25-07-2013 at 17:51.

'Neighbours' Christopher Milligan: 'Kyle will fight for Georgia'

Kyle Canning has a tough fight on his hands in upcoming Neighbours episodes as his one-night stand with Kate Ramsay is finally revealed.

The Erinsborough handyman is left distraught when his girlfriend Georgia Brooks (Saskia Hampele) immediately ends their relationship, shocked that her partner and best friend have both betrayed her.

Digital Spy this week caught up with Christopher Milligan, who plays Kyle, to hear about his character's chances of winning Georgia back.

What has this Kyle and Kate storyline been like for you to film?
    "I love working with Ash [Brewer, who plays Kate]. We both used to do classes back home in Brisbane, so we've come from the same flock, really. We did a lot of work together in those classes, so it was fantastic to come onto set at Neighbours and already know someone - and then even better to get to work with her. It creates a great working environment as we get along really well, and I think that shows in the work."

With the truth about Kyle and Kate coming out soon, did you enjoy filming the big revelation episode?
    "Yeah, it's always nice to know that you can stop feeling guilty about something as it's finally going to come out! (Laughs.) But Erinsborough is one of those suburbs where one feeling goes and you end up feeling bad about something else! It's going to be a real rollercoaster in the scenes coming up."

Will the big reveal moment be worth the wait?
    "I think so! It's Gem who's responsible for the truth coming out, so when you throw her into the mix, there are always going to be fireworks. It was never going to be an easy moment when this came out, so there'll be a lot of trouble as you can imagine…"

Will Kyle fight for his relationship once the truth comes out?
    "Kyle will definitely fight and he hopes that he can win Georgia back. Georgia is the love of Kyle's life and everything that he wants. He's stuffed up, so he's going to show how sorry he is and try to fix things."

Does Kyle defend himself by pointing out that he wasn't with Georgia when he slept with Kate?
    "Oh, he'll try to use that but I don't know if it will stick! I've thought about that too. I was going through these scenes with Saskia and we'd throw out little arguments between Kyle and Georgia. I'd say, 'We'd broken up, it's not like we were together so it's technically not cheating!' But it's more the lying than the cheating that Georgia has a problem with, so Kyle doesn't have a leg to stand on."

Would you be sad if Kyle and Georgia stayed apart and you ended up working with Saskia less?
    "Well, the best part about Neighbours is that you work with so many different people. If you have an on-screen chemistry with someone, it's always great to work closely with them. Me and Colette [Mann, who plays Sheila] work really close together and she's amazing. When Georgia came in, me and Saskia got along really well and we still do. So it could go either way - but whatever happens, you know that there'll always be other characters that you can be close to."

Kyle and Kate always seem to be drawn back together. How would you describe Kyle's feelings for her?
    "Kate Ramsay is the girl from high school. At some point, most people have that person from high school who they've always fantasised about or wanted to be with. I think that's always going to be there for Kyle, but he doesn't know whether those are true feelings or not."

How will you feel about saying goodbye to Ashleigh when she leaves the show?
    "It's one of those jobs where it happens quite often - I've already said goodbye to a lot of close friends since I've been here. You do get used to it and it's nice to see them going on to do other things. Ashleigh films her final scenes in December and I think she's organising a get-together for it. We have a Christmas wrap party anyway so that'll probably be where we have our last hoorah!"

You've been on the show for quite a while now. Are you hoping to stick around for now?
    "At the moment I'm still loving it, so I don't see a reason to change anything. I'm always one of those people who just sees what happens. Next week I might change my mind and want to leave work, and then change my mind back again! But I really love being here on Neighbours and I always have done."

Do you have ambitions to work overseas like many of your former colleagues?
    "Definitely. I'll be going over there and giving it a shot at some point - why not? I think you should do as much as you can while you're young and see what you can get out of it."

Where would you like Kyle to go next?
    "I'd like to go back to his bad side. I think that's always fun - everyone always says that it's fun to play the bad guy. It'd be good to see Kyle go through something that sees him go back to being bad..."

In part two of our interview with Neighbours star Christopher Milligan, we chat to the popular actor about his character Kyle Canning's ever-growing family, his longevity on the show and what he gets up to outside of filming.

If you missed the first part yesterday, catch up here for his thoughts on the upcoming Kyle/Kate reveal, or read on for our extra bonus snippets!

It's been revealed that Sheila's daughter will be coming into Neighbours. How do you feel about the Cannings being expanded again?
    "We'll be starting to film that storyline soon - I think we start it next week! It definitely makes you feel good to have new family members arriving. I was the first Canning and now there's two more. Maybe we can get the whole clan in - move them in next door, get some in with the Kennedys!"

Usually Kyle has Sheila's undivided attention! Will he be jealous when she starts focusing on her daughter?
    "Oh no, he won't be jealous at all! I think it'll be a nice little change for him! He loves his gran to death, but she's one of those grandparents who interferes a lot so he might be glad not to have to deal with that for a while!"

What are your hobbies and interests outside of Neighbours?
    "I used to play water polo. I love swimming and going to the beach. I'm a water baby - I absolutely love water and could sit in it all day. I'm thinking about getting a bathtub and putting it in the back yard! (Laughs.)

"I also love playing sport and kicking a footy around. I've got an 8-month-old husky, so she keeps us on our toes at home now, as she's always running around!"

When you joined Neighbours in 2008 as a guest cast member, did you ever imagine that Kyle would have this longevity in the show?
    "Not at all! When I did the first six weeks, it was the most exciting six weeks of my life. It was my first real job and a great experience. Then it was fantastic to keep getting calls saying they wanted me back, and eventually going to full-time. I'd hoped that would happen, but it was still a surprise and a good shock when it did."

Was acting what you'd always wanted to do?
    "I had no idea what I wanted to do up until Year 12, when I was in a school play. I just knew then that it was what I wanted to do every day for the rest of my life, and not have to work on a job site!"

Were you a fan of Neighbours before you joined?
    "I used to watch it growing up a lot - it was always Neighbours and Home and Away for me, just like pretty much every Australian. I always remember when the Scullys came in, especially one episode where it was the hard rubbish pick-up day and they were driving around picking up other people's trash! I found that hilarious."

When we asked for reader questions on Twitter, a fan called Cassandra wanted to know who your favourite Neighbours characters are apart from Kyle…
    "Sheila and Doctor Karl! I think Doctor Karl is hilarious. I also like the Rebecchis - it'd be nice to have more comedy scenes with them. They're a great little family and it's always fun working with them. They're all crazy in their own way, but it's in a good way!"

Finally, a fan called Rachael wanted to know what is the best thing about working with Saskia Hampele (Georgia), and what is the best thing about working on Neighbours?
    "Working with Saskia is great because we get along like brother and sister. It's not just purely an on screen thing. When you work that closely with someone, it's good that you get along with them!

"The best thing about working on Neighbours is that I get to work on Neighbours!"

Also ahead on Neighbours, Kyle Canning decides to propose to girlfriend Georgia Brooks.

Kyle, played by Christopher Milligan, decides to show his commitment to Georgia (Saskia Hampele), feeling that their relationship is finally back on track following their previous problems.

After mulling over a possible proposal, Kyle brainstorms ideas with Sheila, Naomi and Chris and eventually thinks up the perfect way to pop the question.

Putting his plan in place, Kyle blindfolds Georgia in order to hide the arrangements that he has made. But as Kyle asks the all-important question, what will Georgia say?

Kyle has a surprise for Georgia
    © Channel 5
    Kyle has a surprise for Georgia

Kyle proposes to Georgia
    © Channel 5
    Kyle proposes to Georgia

Georgia is shocked by Kyle's proposal
    © Channel 5
    Georgia is shocked by Kyle's proposal

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, July 7 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Neighbours star Christopher Milligan has revealed that he wants his on-screen mother to have a longer stint on the show.

Kyle Canning's mum Sharon has already appeared on screen in Australia and arrives on UK screens next week, turning up in Erinsborough for her son's wedding to Georgia Brooks.

While Sharon (Natasha Herbert) only appears briefly for now, show bosses are already thought to be considering bringing her back in the future.

Milligan told Digital Spy: "It's always nice to have family members coming in. I started off as an orphan on the show and now I've got two cousins, a grandmother, an aunty, a mum and a dad soon - so keep them coming! It means I'm still in a job because there's Cannings everywhere!

"Me and Colette Mann, who plays Sheila, both went up to the office at work and we expressed how much we loved Sharon coming in. There could be so much storyline material if she came back just for a few weeks, so I think they're in talks and hopefully that will happen."

Neighbours' UK fans will see Kyle tie the knot with Georgia in Monday's episode in a beautiful ceremony surrounded by family and friends.

In real life, Milligan is dating Neighbours co-star Jenna Rosenow, who plays Amber Turner on the show.

Discussing the filming of the wedding scenes, Milligan laughed: "It was long and tiring! Because of the way we shoot Neighbours, the wedding went over three weeks. By the end of it, I was sick of putting the suit on! But I like to say that it's nice to try before I buy - do the pretend wedding and see how it all is before I even think about doing it myself.

"The wedding was beautifully shot and everyone really put in a lot of effort to get it done. When the episode aired in Australia, everyone said how beautiful it was and it was good that Kyle and Georgia are finally happy after all of their history.

"I think the producers have decided that they've been through enough after all of the trouble they've had, so they're going to be happy for a while yet! It's hard to say what will happen in a soap as so much can change in a week, but right now they are soul mates."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (03-01-2015)

Neighbours star Christopher Milligan believes his character Kyle Canning has a right to be angry with his estranged father Gary.

Viewers have recently seen Gary come face-to-face with Kyle, when he turned up in Ramsay Street after making contact with his mother Sheila.

Kyle hasn't seen his dad for 16 years and has therefore experience mixed emotions following Gary's reappearance.

Speaking to Tenplay about the situation, Milligan said: "I think it really comes back to the way Gary left. Kyle really never got the answers he needed about his father, so I think for me I would really want those answers first before I made a decision."

Despite Kyle's confused feelings towards his dad, Milligan believes the pair share some similarities.

Kyle confronts Gary.
    © Channel 5
    Kyle confronts Gary.

He said: "It's funny because you can see the similarities in them, even though he hasn't been around.

"I think they'd be a great father-son mix - they are both idiotic at times, both handymen, and I really think they could have a good relationship. It all depends on whether they can be honest with each other."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (03-01-2015)

Dobbing on dad
    Kyle has no choice but to shop his own father to the cops

Elsewhere on Neighbours in upcoming eps, Kyle faces a heartbreaking decision to do with his father, Gary.

In the aftermath of Sheila's (Colette Mann) heart attack, Gary (Damien Richardson) admits he had a fight with Sheila after being paid by Paul (Stefan Dennis) to give Ezra Hanley a scare.

Furious with her brother, Naomi (Morgana O'Reilly) reveals the truth to Kyle (Chris Milligan) about Gary's involvement in the Frankston robbery all those years ago.

Kyle is shattered to hear that his dad ran away to protect himself, not to protect his family.

Finally seeing Gary for who he really is, Kyle realises he has no choice but to dob his father into the police for bashing Ezra.

Will Gary skip town again before the police catch up with him?

Credit: TV Soap issue 1st January 2015

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gillyH1981 For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (03-01-2015)

Canning closure
    Kyle has a tough choice to make when Gary has one final request for his son.

Gary Canning has made many mistakes in his life and now that his criminal activities have once again caught up with him, Gary is desperate to hold on to any piece of "good" that he has. Having been reunited with Kyle, the son he effectively abandoned as a child, Gary begs Georgia to convince her husband to pay him a last visit before he's transferred to prison. While Kyle angrily refuses to see his father, on Neighbours Gary waits in anticipation of seeing his son.

Finally, after a heart to heart with Georgia in which he wrestles with the positivies and negatives of facing or ignoring his father, Kyle accepts his wife's advice that Gary is trying to change his ways by facing punishment and plucks up the courage to see Gary.

Far from being the meeting that Gary had hoped it would be, it becomes clear to the elder Canning that Kyle wants his father out of his life. Sensing his father's sorrow, Kyle rises above his hurt and awkwardly farewells Gary, calling him "Dad" for the first time, leaving Gary overjoyed and hopeful for the future as he's led away to jail.

Source: TV Soap 1st January 2015

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gillyH1981 For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (03-01-2015)

Also ahead on Ramsay Street, Kyle Canning is left with a tough decision to make when his father Gary requests to see him one last time after being arrested.

Georgia (Saskia Hampele) is initially left in an awkward predicament when Gary recruits her help to try and persuade Kyle (Chris Milligan) to pay him a visit before he is sent to prison for his recent crime.

Although Kyle refuses, Sheila knows she can't let Gary go away without seeing him one last time and she asks for Kyle's permission to see him.

During her visit, it's clear that Sheila still holds a lot of pain over Gary's actions and blames herself for how he's turned out. As Gary convinces Sheila that she is not to blame for his behaviour and the pair reconcile, Gary is still holding out hope that Kyle might turn up.

However, Kyle is still unsure if he can bring himself to face his father and addresses his concerns to Georgia. When Georgia explains to Kyle that he has never avoided difficult situations in the past, he takes her words on board and decides to visit Gary.

As Kyle comes face-to-face with his father, the pair have a candid chat about their future, but will Kyle manage to get the closure he needs?

Kyle visits Gary.
    © Channel 5
    Kyle visits Gary.

Kyle and Gary talk.
    © Channel 5
    Kyle and Gary talk.

Georgia supports Kyle.
    © Channel 5
    Georgia supports Kyle.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, January 26 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Is Neighbours handyman Kyle Canning about to find himself torn between two women?

The Australian soap's latest teaser trailer shows Kyle sharing a moment with his new friend Amy Williams as they continue to grow closer - just as we see his wife Georgia Brooks appear on screen again via an online video call.

Saskia Hampele, who played Georgia, has already bowed out from Neighbours - but she has filmed some extra scenes which have yet to air.

Hit play below for a first look at the storyline in Neighbours' newest promo:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...pjDS6pv8MUt2n6

The sneak peek at future episodes also sees Ben Kirk land himself in trouble with his grandparents Karl and Susan Kennedy following his return to Erinsborough, while Tyler Brennan is left heartbroken as his older brother Mark finally reunites with Paige Smith.

The Brennans' father Russell is also seen making his debut on the Street, while Lauren Turner takes the bold step of confronting Brad Willis about the obvious romantic spark between them.

Neighbours airs these scenes this week on Eleven in Australia and in a fortnight's time on Channel 5 in the UK.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (28-07-2015), Dazzle (30-07-2015), tammyy2j (28-07-2015)

Thread Information