Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbours 30th Anniversary

I hope there isn't an affair or relationship between Sonya and Brennan

Neighbours favourite Libby Kennedy returns to Ramsay Street later this month to visit her parents Karl and Susan.

As announced previously, Kym Valentine reprised her role as Libby for a three-week guest stint to celebrate 20 years of the Kennedys.

Libby arrives in Erinsborough with her teenage son Ben (Felix Mallard) and offers to fill in as deputy principal for a few weeks to help out Susan.

Libby arrives back in Ramsay Street
    © Channel 5
    Libby arrives back in Ramsay Street

Libby meets Holly
    © Channel 5
    Libby meets Holly

Libby and Ben get to know Holly
    © Channel 5
    Libby and Ben get to know Holly

Ben settles in to his new home
    © Channel 5
    Ben settles in to his new home

However, when Karl (Alan Fletcher) discovers that Libby doesn't have another permanent position to go on to, he decides to try to persuade them to make their stay a more permanent one.

Karl then recruits his neighbours to help convince Libby to stay in Erinsborough, but when she realises what he is up to, she tackles her father gently. She tells him that she is happy with her life at the moment and won't be coming back to Ramsay Street permanently any time soon...

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, June 25 and Thursday, June 26 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Neighbours' Libby Kennedy finds herself struggling to cope with her teenage son Ben next month as she takes on the role as school principal.

As previously reported, Libby, played by Kym Valentine, has briefly returned to Erinsborough to help out her mum Susan (Jackie Woodburne) who is unwell.

In order to help Susan recover properly, Libby agrees to take on the position of principal at Erinsborough High where Ben (Felix Mallard) is temporarily a pupil.

After encountering a variety of different problems during her first day, Libby quickly settles into the role, giving Karl new hope that she might make her stay more permanent.

However, when Ben learns of Bailey Turner's problems with Jayden Warley, he decides to intervene, unintentionally making the situation far worse.

Libby breaks up the fight between Ben and Jayden
    © Channel 5
    Libby breaks up the fight between Ben and Jayden

While Bailey is left mortified, Jayden refuses to take Ben's interference lightly and hassles Ben later on, ensuing a massive fight.

Libby is forced to take charge of the situation but when Bailey tells Libby that Jayden taunted Ben about his dad, who died years ago, she takes sympathy on her son and suspends Jayden.

Later, Jayden blackmails Bailey into changing his story which Ben encourages. After Bailey retracts his statement, Libby is forced to punish both Ben and Bailey for lying, but does Ben have another agenda for taking the blame?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, July 1 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Neighbours bosses have released an exciting new trailer, previewing the storylines surrounding the show's 30th anniversary.

The promo offers a first look at many of the returnees, including Aunt Hilary, Janelle Timmins and couple Lucas Fitzgerald and Vanessa Villante.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjKZDZlM4S8
    Harold and Madge Bishop are also reunited in the trailer, although exact details of how this comes about are still unclear.

Other storylines included in the trailer include a love triangle between Amber, Josh and Daniel, a potential new romance for Imogen Willis, and a dark turn for Matt Turner.

It would appear that the anniversary episodes revolve around an Erinsborough Festival, hosted by Paul Robinson, which brings back the characters.

A new retro-inspired logo, theme and titles are all due next year as well, according to the Neighbours Twitter account.

Neighbours will air the 30th anniversary episodes in March next year.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (14-12-2014)

Natalie Bassingthwaighte has turned down the opportunity to return for Neighbours' 30th anniversary.

The actress, who played bad girl Izzy Hoyland from 2003 to 2006, politely rejected the offer as she felt the "timing wasn't right".

Natalie Bassingthwaighte as Izzy Hoyland in Neighbours
    © Rex Features / FremantleMedia Ltd

"My good friends are still on the show, I did want to go back to see them and for nostalgic reasons, but the timing wasn't right. It would have been fun," she told Australia's Daily Telegraph.

"I've done the documentary though. Neighbours was a massive part of my life. I'd done musical theatre before the show but that is what made me known across the country, getting yelled and abused at for Izzy's behaviour!"

The 39-year-old also spoke about the tragic loss of her long-term mentor and music manager Mark Byrne in the interview, who died of a heart attack in September.

"I was due to go into the studio the day he passed," she explained. "Since he passed I just haven't been able to sing. I just couldn't go there. He was my life."

Bassingthwaighte made a brief return to Neighbours in 2007 with special episodes from London.

Craig McLachlan and Delta Goodrem have confirmed they will be involved in the show's 30th anniversary, as well as a host of other former Ramsay Street residents.

Digital spy also revealed that Neighbours bosses have are promising more returning characters still yet to be announced.

Smile neighbours

henry ramsey is returning for a brief appearence and guy carpenter is returning to

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gemster For This Useful Post:

pulminaria (11-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by gemster View Post
    henry ramsey is returning for a brief appearence and guy carpenter is returning to
    they are NOT returning to Neighbours. They will be part of the 30th anniversary documentary to be shown on Channel 10 in March.

Neighbours boss Jason Herbison has teased upcoming plots for 2015, promising exciting stories for the majority of characters.

Paul Robinson will be taking centre stage next year with a big storyline involving a guest character, while his nephew Daniel will face difficulties of his own as Josh Willis puts up a fight for Amber Turner.

Herbison said to Soap World: "Paul has a major storyline involving a guest character who happens to be a relative of another character on the show. With this guest character, Paul has really met his match in his scheming stakes.

"Paul will definitely have romance in 2015 and who knows, it may lead to marriage. He doesn't have a good track record."

Herbison also revealed that Amber and Daniel will face some challenges in the form of siblings Imogen and Josh Willis, after rekindling their relationship.

He said: "Amber and Daniel will renew their love and engagement following Rain's departure and they will be steadfast heading to the altar despite the fact that most, if not all, their loved ones disapprove.

"Josh steps up his pursuit to win Amber back from Daniel. Imogen meanwhile continues to be secretly in love with Daniel but must make a decision about whether or not to act on her feelings."

Herbison also revealed that the Turners will face a financial strain, while Chris Pappas's relationship with Nate Kinski will be rocked due to the return of Lucy Robinson.

Chris doesn't want Nate to go
    © Channel 5
    Chris and Nate in Neighbours

Herbison said: "Matt and Lauren will face a severe financial challenge which comes as a consequence of something one of the children has done and therefore puts a great strain on their marriage.

"Chris and Nate will be challenged by the return of Lucy Robinson and there will be the question of whether Lucy and Chris will be successful in conceiving a child together, which will be answered."

Neighbours will return on Monday, January 5 on Channel 5.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (16-12-2014), Mirjam (18-12-2014), pulminaria (16-12-2014)

Perdita, you didn't have to post that. It's from teh intereivew I posted in a thread on it's own titled 2015 Preview.

Thread Information