Thread: Simone (Emily Eskell)

Simone (Emily Eskell)

Nowtolove.com.au article, from TV Week about new character Simone, to be played by Emily Eskell:

Confessed Home and Away superfan Emily Eskell is living her dream as the newest arrival in Summer Bay
    Get to know the new girl in town…

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...y-eskell-52362

She may be a newcomer to Summer Bay, but Emily Eskell is certainly no newbie to the world of Home And Away. The actress, who joins the cast as Simone, admits she's a devotee of the long-running drama.

"I've been a Home And Away fan pretty much my entire life," Emily, 28, tells TV WEEK. "It helped me thorough my feral adolescence and taught me many a life lesson."

Emily recalls that a poster of her crush − Christopher Egan, who played Nick Smith − was taped to the lid of her school desk. She cites Kane Phillips (Sam Atwell) and Kirsty Sutherland (Christie Hayes) as her all-time favourite couple.

"You know how music reminds you of different times in your life?" Emily says. "For me, seeing photos of couples from the show takes me back to a very specific time of my life."

The opportunity to join the series was the fruition of a long-held dream – and one that's come on the back of patience and persistence. Emily says she's auditioned for Home And Away several times since graduating from prestigious drama school NIDA five years ago.

"When I got the brief for Simone, I thought, 'This is a part I could probably get,'" Emily says. "Usually they [the character briefs] come to me and I'm like, 'Oh, I'm not your super-typical Aussie Home And Away gal'. I've always found it hard to get work in Australia because of that."

Her debut in Home And Away is a breakthrough career moment – and it certainly hasn't happened overnight.

"It's been pretty tough the last couple of years," Emily admits. "I've had very little work."

The actress, who also has a degree in international politics, says trying to secure professional work has been "excruciating".

"Many times I've thought, 'What have you done? You're wasting your degree!'" she says.

Joining Home And Away is Emily's first significant foray into television. She regards it as a wonderful training ground.

"You learn so much when you're in the thick of it, in almost a sink-or-swim situation like this," Emily says. "There are the rehearsals, the scripts, the amount of scenes and learning how to plot your journey through the episodes.

"And learning all the technical stuff too – even though I'd done a bit of film and TV, I'd mostly done theatre before this. They're very different beasts."

Emily says the cast has been welcoming.

"They've been amazing – I feel very lucky," she says. "It's been the most positive work experience in my life."

Digital Spy article on new character, Simone:

Home and Away introduces a new love interest for married Brody Morgan
    Is Brody and Ziggy's marriage going to hit the rocks?

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home...-brody-morgan/

You know we belong together', goes the theme tune to Home and Away. But it looks like Brody Morgan could be ignoring that valuable life lesson, as he's getting a new love interest who could tempt him to stray from Ziggy Astoni.

As reported by TV Week, newcomer Simone turns up in Summer Bay having won a cooking lesson with Brody in an auction.

Ziggy later turns up during the lesson to apologise to Brody after a row, but she's left worrying that the frying pan may not be the only thing that's sizzling as she watches Simone flirt with her husband.

Actress Emily Eskell has been cast as Simone and says that her character has a "career crush" on Brody.

"Simone comes to Summer Bay because she hears what an amazing chef Brody is," Emily said. "She can't wait to begin working with him. She has sort of a 'career crush' on Brody."

She also revealed that she is a superfan of the show who has auditioned for a role multiple times.

"When I got the brief for Simone, I thought, 'This is a part I could probably get'," she added.

"Usually [the character descriptions] come to me and I'm like, 'Oh, I'm not your super-typical Aussie Home And Away gal'. I've always found it hard to get work in Australia because of that."

Brody and Ziggy aren't the only couple who could be going their separate ways, as Justin and Willow also look like they could be heading for a split.

Don't worry though, the people who play them are still in a relationship!

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5

Digital Spy article:

AUST PACE!

Home and Away's Simone Bedford infuriates secret lover Brody Morgan with her latest move
    Is she taking a big risk?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...-brody-morgan/

Note: This article contains spoilers from Australian-pace Home and Away episodes, which some UK readers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has hinted that Simone Bedford is going nowhere as she continues to put down roots in Summer Bay.

Simone (Emily Eskell) is currently at the centre of a shock affair storyline as love rat Brody Morgan is secretly sleeping with her.

Channel 5 viewers saw the fling begin last week, while recent episodes in Australia have seen Brody shamelessly continue the secret relationship – juggling it alongside his marriage to Ziggy Astoni.

Fans – who are firmly on Team Ziggy – have been calling for an end to the affair plot, but Monday's episode (March 11) on Channel 7 in Australia saw Simone make big plans to stick around in the Bay.

While Simone discovered that Ziggy's mum Maggie needed a new learning support teacher at the school but was struggling to secure the required funding, she volunteered to take on the position for free.

The job will mean working closely with Bella Nixon and Raffy Morrison, as well as giving Simone an excuse to be in the local area. She also hopes it will lead to a paid permanent position further on down the line.

Simone saw her fresh start as the perfect way to maintain a cover and keep seeing Brody, but he was furious when he found out – pointing out that working for his mother-in-law was way too risky.

Refusing to back down, Simone insisted that she couldn't simply spend her days waiting for Brody to call her and needs something to occupy her time now that she has finished at Salt.

Simone stormed off after questioning why Brody hadn't made a final decision between her and Ziggy yet, leaving the chef in a difficult spot as she turned the tables on him. With Simone losing patience, will he have to choose who he wants to be with?

Home and Away's UK fans will see these scenes on Channel 5 on April 4.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia).

has brody got himself a nutjob bunny boiler?

is she a regular, staying full time?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is she a regular, staying full time?
    I don't believe so (but nothing official as yet). With the strong speculation that Brody has left, I would imagine they will probably leave together??

She reminds me of Demelza from Poldark actress Eleanor Tomlinson

Thread Information