Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Eve Morey (Sonya Rebecchi)

Hope she will be successful

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-01-2016), Summer8 (25-01-2016), tuckec01 (11-02-2016)

Times are tough for Sonya as she takes on the challenge of running for mayor. In the process, she discovers long-hidden strengths.
    Erinsborough is about to get a new mayor and Sonya Rebecchi seems like the perfect person for the job; at least that’s what Eve Morey (who plays her) thinks. “There’ve been mayors [on the show] before, Paul and Lou and I’m not sure that they’re community minded so much as they liked the power of it,” she says. “I think it’s nice to have someone in the role who actually cares about what she’s doing and Sonya, more than a lot of the [other] characters, is trying to be a global citizen.
    “She’s into environmental issues, community issues and stuff like that, so on that level it’s great. Then the evolution of her as a person, from where she’s been in the pastwith her addictions and so on to being a leader of the community, I think it’s awesome.”
    The road to campaign victory isn’t smooth sailing for Sonya (Morey). She is competing against Tim Collins (Ben Anderson) who goes out of his way to make things difficult, offering Sonya a job with the council if she pulls out of the race and bribing Tyler (Travis Burns) to ask difficult questions during the mayoral debate. Things get even more tense between Sonya and Tim when his car is vandalised and he accuses Sonya of doing it, leading to her almost getting arrested. While difficult for Sonya to go through, Morey says these scenes have been enjoyable to film.
    “Tim Collins is pretty full on, he really goes for the throat but Ben who plays Tim is awesome and he’s such a wonderful actor. Even though he’s doing all these awful things to my character, it’s like when Naomi (Morgana O’Reilly) was trying to break up Sonya’s marriage, you have to do all these uncomfortable scenes where people are plotting against you but as an actor it’s really fun because they’re so good. I think it’s how awful he is that makes Sonya realise she has to fight the good fight because if she doesn’t no one else will.”
    Despite thinking she’s lost the campaign, Sonya actually wins but is soon overwhelmed by competing demands and concerns about the Lassiters development and a proposal to remove trees from the park for a drainage system. This is all on top of Sonya’s home life and work responsibilities, which makes you wonder how she can cope with it all.
    “I think it’s the support of the people around her [that help her],” says Morey. “What she realises is you get into politics and you have all these really great intentions, then all of a sudden you have to compromise on some in order to get other things passed.
    “She learns very quickly that she really has to be across things and I think she’s buoyed with confidence when she can actually help the community by finding there may be compromises but she doesn’t necessarily have to compromise what she believes in, in order to do the job.”
    Just as Sonya is giving her first speech as mayor her nerves are compounded by heckles from protestors angry about the tree removal. Plus, Erinsborough is suffering a heatwave, leading Sonya to have a meltdown and burst into tears. Is her time as mayor over before it’s begun?

TV Soap

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-02-2016), millieq8 (20-02-2016), Pantherboy (11-02-2016), tuckec01 (11-02-2016)

Sonya discovers she’s got a secret sister - but that’s not the end of Walter’s bombshells!
    Sonya’s in a tight spot this fortnight when she’s called into work and doesn’t have anyone to watch Nell. Luckily, estranged dad Walter is on hand to help out - but this leads to a big secret being revealed!
    After a long day at work, Sonya’s nervous about what state Nell will be in when she arrives home. Instead of the chaos that she expected from her long-lost dad, she walks into a serene environment where Nell has been fed, bathed and even put to bed without any disasters!
    However, just when Mrs R is about to praise Walter for his help, his phone beeps and a mysterious message pops up, leaving Sonya convinced once again that her dad is not telling them everything about why he’s recently come to Erinsborough.
    After sharing her concerns with hubby Toadie, the pair do some digging on Walter and find out his ex-wife, Roxanne, has a 14-year-old daughter. So does this mean Sonya has a half-sister that she didn’t know about?
    Sonya confronts her dad about Zoe, the secret sibling and he confirms that she is indeed Sonya’s sister. That’s not his only bombshell of the day - Zoe has leukaemia and needs a bone-marrow transplant... and Walter wants Sonya to be tested ASAp to see if she’s a match.
    Sonya takes some time to process this news - but being the kind-hearted Mrs Rebecchi that we all know and love, of course she agrees to meet Zoe and have the test done to see if she could help save the young girl’s life.
    When the sisters come face to face they get on like a house on fire but just as Sonya becomes determined to help her long-lost sibling, the hospital staff reveal she’s not a match after all.
    As the family reel from the news that Sonya won’t be able to help Zoe, they all struggle to realise that this could have been the last chance of saving her life.
    Then cunning Walter leaves the whole room stunned when he suggests they should get little Nell tested too. Will Sonya put her daughter through something so major to help her new sister?
    What happens next?
    Sonya and Toadie have got some serious thinking to do.

All About Soap

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-06-2016), Pantherboy (01-06-2016), Ruffed_lemur (01-06-2016), tammyy2j (02-06-2016)

Why not ask Jade about this before Nell?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (02-06-2016)

Neighbours is lining up a double baby bombshell this festive season, and we can now reveal who will actually be involved.

Sonya Rebecchi will be one character to get a positive pregnancy result after a successful round of IVF for Mark Brennan and Steph Scully, while All About Soap also reports that Paige Smith will suspect she's pregnant as well.

However, both scenarios come with a host of problems. In Sonya's case, the timing couldn't be worse as the cracks are starting to show in Steph and Mark's relationship, as well as her own.

With Steph unsure over whether she wants the baby at all, Sonya's pregnancy will certainly throw a spanner in the works. But let's not forget that Sonya's husband Toadie was hardly doing cartwheels over her decision in the first place.

Fans will have to wait and see just how the plot unravels, but we reckon another twist could throw up an even bigger problem for Sonya.

As for Paige, well, the outcome of her pregnancy test hasn't been confirmed, but Olympia Valance did previously tease a big shock on the way for both her and her on-off lover Jack.

Upcoming scenes will see the pair reach an agreement over their recent one-night stand and promise to focus on the future as friends.

But if Paige is pregnant, all of that would have to change. What will she do? And more importantly, would Jack be forced to turn his back on his calling as a priest?

Digital Spy

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (16-11-2016), Dazzle (15-11-2016), Pantherboy (15-11-2016)

I was hoping it would be toadies instead. would have been a nice twist, but I suppose they would have picked that up when Sonya had tests.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

badirene (16-11-2016), Splashy (16-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    I was hoping it would be toadies instead. would have been a nice twist, but I suppose they would have picked that up when Sonya had tests.
    I don't know that paternity can be detected that early in the pregnancy so it's possible it could still be Toadie's (though he and Sonya ought to have been abstaining from sex throughout the process).

Hardly surprising Mark and Steph are on the rocks since she couldn't even bring herself to live with him. Stupid stupid plot...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

badirene (16-11-2016), lellygurl (19-11-2016), Splashy (16-11-2016)

That's why I thought it's unlikely to be toadies. And if she got pregnant from before the start of the process, then it would have been detected in the tests, I would have thought.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-11-2016), Splashy (16-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    That's why I thought it's unlikely to be toadies. And if she got pregnant from before the start of the process, then it would have been detected in the tests, I would have thought.
    I see what you mean. I would have thought they'd do a pregnancy test before starting IVF, but given the silly way this storyline has been written I think it being Toadie's baby is a definite possibility.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 15-11-2016 at 21:21.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lellygurl (19-11-2016), Splashy (16-11-2016)

I hope so.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

lellygurl (19-11-2016)

Thread Information