Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Wyatt

Last edited by alan45; 01-10-2013 at 02:16.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Chelsea Halfpenny has announced that she is leaving Emmerdale.

The actress has played Amy Wyatt on the soap since October 2010.

"I'd just like to say what an amazing experience I've had here at Emmerdale," Halfpenny said.

"I've made the best friends and I will carry the memories on through the rest of my career."

She added: "It's completely changed my life, as It's given me confidence and I'm coming out of it having learnt so much.

"I now feel ready to move on and play other characters, although playing Amy Wyatt has been more fun than I'd ever imagined."

good her and her accent wouldn't be missed by me, just hope she don't get kyle

It's the end of an era for Amy Wyatt's loved ones on Emmerdale tonight (November 14) as she makes her departure from the show.

Still determined to run away with her young son Kyle, a desperate Amy (Chelsea Halfpenny) arrives at the docks to board a ferry to Ireland with him.

Kerry (Laura Norton) continues to support her daughter at the ferry terminal, but Val, Eric, Andy and Cain are hot on their heels after finding out what's going on.

As the dramatic situation comes to a head, will Amy be leaving with Kyle or without him?

Kerry calls after Amy.
    © ITV
    Kerry calls after Amy.

Emmerdale airs tonight at 7pm and 8pm on ITV.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-11-2013)

Emmerdale star Chelsea Halfpenny has admitted that leaving the show was a "business decision".

It was announced last month that the actress was leaving her role as Amy Wyatt after three years, and her final scenes air in tonight's episodes (November 14).

Speaking on ITV's Lorraine this morning, Halfpenny said: "I've been very, very lucky with this character and the show in general is great. I think it's just getting better and better now. I will miss it.

"It was a business decision, it had nothing to do with the job because the job in itself was amazing and I was very lucky.

"It's scary [to leave] but I want to challenge myself and I'm excited. I'm excited to play someone else - someone with a different accent or just someone different to Amy. I'd love to do some theatre. I can't imagine that feeling of a live audience, so definitely at some point."

The actress also revealed that she would like an opportunity to work alongside her aunt Jill Halfpenny.

She said: "We haven't worked together yet but I would love to at some point, only because I just think we know each other so well and you can't beat chemistry like that. We work together really well, so I'd love to at some point."

Emmerdale airs Amy's final scenes tonight at 7pm and 8pm on ITV.

Last edited by tammyy2j; 14-11-2013 at 16:53.

Will Cain get to see his son finally now? I hope so

It be nice if he handed him back to Joanie

Lightbulb Another old face to return

Emmerdale is to bring back a former character when some of the locals head to Belfast later this year. It's someone we have not seen for a while and they could end up making a full time return to the village
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

another dingle, nelly or tina?

Is it Amy, Kerry's daughter? Wasn't she supposed to be in Ireland?

Thread Information