Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Violet Wilson

Can't say i've ever been much of a fan to be honest.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I thought she was very good when she first joined, and brought out the best in Jason. Since Corrie split them up, Violet has fallen by the wayside. Pairing her up with Jamie the dullard and neglecting her was a big mistake, and with the Rovers now overloaded with staff, sadly this news was coming.

Good luck to Jenny Platt. She's a good actress.

From DS

Coronation Street today denied that barmaid Violet Wilson will be leaving Weatherfield in the summer.

They discounted a suggestion in a Sunday newspaper that 27-year-old actress Jenny Platt would be quitting later this year, having had enough of the hassle that soap fame has allegedly brought her.

Jenny blames her time with the Street for the breakdown of her marriage after only seven months to actor Oliver Ford. Co-star Rupert Hill, who plays Jamie Baldwin, also split from girlfriend Angela Hazeldine at the same time.

A spokesperson for Corrie told DS today: "Jenny has recently signed a new contract with Coronation Street which taken her through to March next year and producers are already working on big storylines for Violet."

A source added: "Even though Jenny’s signed for another year, she has indicated that it may be her last. But there’s plenty of time between now and then for her to change her mind."

Speaking to a Sunday tabloid, a friend of the actress said: "The pressure of producing five episodes of Corrie a week didn’t help her marriage.

"Jenny found the break-up very painful and she will always associate the stresses of that break-up with her role as Violet.

"Now she hates all the attention her close relationship with Rupert gets. She just wants to make a clean break from Corrie and try other things."

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

interesting. one thing that they could do with Violet which i'm always interested why they haven't, is to explain to us what exactly went on with her family and why she never sees or speaks to any of them.

I hope she gets a few good storys before she goes, I like her and as above it was never really explained why she doesnt get on with her family.

Jamie and Violet

Hiya guys Hope you're all good - got some fun stuff on ITV.com to tell you about in a couple of different threads...

The first is news that Violet and Jamie are now in the departure lounge live on itv.com/soap...

Will anyone miss them? How could they do that to poor Sean? There is also a poll for their best bits - so get voting

I'll miss them. But not. If that makes sense. I did like them both loads before this baby stuff. I reckon they're being totally harsh on Sean! He is biologically the father, whether they like it or not!

Awww I like them but I agree with lea about the baby stuff

The same here, they wre a lovely couple but the bay issue has turned them both in selfish individuals. They are breaking Seans heart when they leave without a forwarding address I would like it if the scriptwriters could let Sean get a phone call or text from Violet and that he visits his son ever so often when they want him to go away for a while.

Thank god they did a runner , sean was getting on my wick. I could be wrong but I am sure instead of Violet waiting for a baby he said he would do it ! No strings , but then IT's MY BABY! agggrh ... Never were a couple , never going to be a couple , it was a fast track so Vi could get a baby. He was never to be the FATHER.
    Last edited by walsh2509; 03-03-2008 at 05:27.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to walsh2509 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-03-2008)

Thread Information