Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheila Canning

Cafe wars
    Sheila and Lou declare war over their respective dining establishments.

Sheila Canning may still be recovering from a massive heart attack but she soon discovers that her heart palpitations aren't going to abate anytime soon, especially when her longtime sparring partner Lou Carpenter touches back down in Erinsborough after his latest trip to Cambodia.

No sooner has Lou unpacked his bags, on Neighbours, than he's incensed to learn that Daniel's new bar Off Air is robbing Harold's Store and other Lassiter's establishments of valuable and lucrative business. Voing to safeguard his daughter's livelihood, Lou plots his next move only to be stymied by Sheila's cunning efforts to protect Charlie's bar botton line.

Discovering that Sheila has hired Andres, a gorgeous but hapless bartender who's quickly amassing an entourage of besotted groupies, Lou sneakily poaches Andres to serve to Harold's clientele, outraging Sheila who declares war on him.

With Lou and Sheila outdoing each other, Lou finally approaches Sheila with an apology and a proposal for a truce. His good intentions are quickly abandoned when he learns that Sheila has instituted a new menu to tempt the bar's customers. All bets are now off as Lou drags Paige in to the hospitality battle to help him steal Sheila's customers. When Sheila suddenly unleashes a final act of revenge, who will be the winner?

Credit TV Soap 29th January 2015

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gillyH1981 For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (22-01-2015)

It`s only a matter of time until Sheila and Lou get together.

Neighbours star Colette Mann has hinted at a potential love triangle for her character Shelia Canning following Harold Bishop's return to Ramsay Street.

A new video goes behind the scenes with Mann as she films scenes with Tom Oliver (Lou) and returnee Ian Smith (Harold).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmh4uzunHPE

The backstage special previews new scenes in which a clearly smitten Shelia flirts with Harold after an unimpressed Lou introduces them.

Speaking afterwards, Mann said light-heartedly: "It's a steamy love triangle between Sheila, Lou and Harold."

Harold last appeared in Erinsborough in 2011, but UK fans will see him return to Ramsay Street next week as part of the build-up to the show's 30th anniversary celebrations.

Smith recently claimed that the quality of the soap has improved since his last stint as Harold Bishop.
    Last edited by Perdita; 26-02-2015 at 12:47.

Bake-off battle
    Susan and Sheila's duel for culinary supremacy is intensified by a shock new rival.

The Erinsborough Festival Bake-Off competition is taking centre stage, on Neighbours, as Susan and Sheila's mutual vow to beat each other degenerates into a fierce declaration of war, especially after it's announced that a high-profile chef will be judging the entries.

While Karl intrepidly fights Susan's corner hoping to suss out the celebritiy's identity, Susan and Sheila are struck by the addition of an eleventh hour entry into the competition. To Susan's horror, the owner of the impressive dessert is revealed as her old Ramsay Street neighbour and long-running nemesis, Janelle Timmins-Steiger, who's keen on re-establishing the acrimony between them!

The resulting verbal clash quickly takes on an extra dimension when Janelle takes umbrage to Susan accidentally sneezing over her cake, calling it a direct attack on her efforts. Incensed, Susan attacks back and the room is soon covered in ruined cakes just as the celebrity judge enters the room and declares someone other than Susan, Sheila or Janelle as the winner, leaving the three women raving about the injustice of it all!

Source: TV Soap 26th February 2015

There is a cat fight on the cards in Neighbours as Sheila Canning goes head to head with Angie Rebecchi next month after seeing her flirt with her new boyfriend Russell Brennan.

Angie will make several waves upon her return to Ramsay Street, but she will make an enemy in the form of Sheila as the pair immediately get on the wrong side of each other.

Blissfully happy in her new relationship, Sheila is delighted when Russell generously offers to pitch in with Kyle and Amy to help the Rebecchis following Toadie's accident.

However, when Sheila heads over to the house with some food, she is alarmed to see Angie bonding with Russell and becomes convinced that Angie is flirting with Russ.

When Angie flirts with Russell to wind Sheila up, the pair soon come to blows
    © Channel 5
    Sheila and Angie clash over Russell

Later, Sheila and Angie butt heads in their standard fashion but when Angie learns Sheila and Russ are together, she proceeds to wind Sheila up by deliberately flirting with Russ.

With Sheila struggling to bite her tongue, insults are soon flying in both directions, but things take a more physical turn when Angie grabs at Sheila's new hairstyle.

In retaliation, Sheila angrily pushes her onto the couch, but immediately regrets her actions, while a stunned Russ watches on in confusion.

Sheila worries that her jealous behaviour will mean the end for her relationship with Russ, but how will he react?

When Angie grabs Sheila's hair, she is pushed onto the couch
    © Channel 5
    Sheila pushes Angie on to the coach

Everyone, including Sheila herself is shocked by her outburst
    © Channel 5
    Sheila is disgusted at her own behaviour

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, September 7 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz3kAqUMl4Q

Who said life in Erinsborough was all sunshine and barbecues? Neighbours ramps up the drama in spectacular style next week as a fire is started at the local school, leaving a number of lives in jeopardy.

Fan favourite Sheila Canning is among those in trouble, as she gets trapped in the blaze and makes a very controversial decision. Digital Spy caught up with Colette Mann, who plays Sheila, to hear all about it - but be warned that our chat does contain some spoilers about the outcome.

Were you happy to be involved in this big disaster?
    "I was very pleased, especially as I completely missed the tornado last year. I think I must have been at home painting my nails when it hit!

"They were funny about me being involved with the fire because I'm an asthmatic. Our director Tony Osicka was very worried that the smoke they were using would affect me, but they used smoke machines which actually let out vapour, so I was absolutely fine."

How does Sheila get involved?
    "There's a fundraising drive in the school where they're all sleeping out overnight, because that dreadful Paul Robinson is trying to get Erinsborough High closed down. He obviously didn't have anything else to do that week!

"Sheila is helping with the event when the fire breaks out. She's left in a part of the school on her own and she's trying her best to get out, but she's surrounded by fire and smoke."

Sheila wrestles with the guilt of choosing to save herself over Toadie
    © Channel 5
    Sheila gets trapped in the burning building

What was it like to film the stunt scenes?
    "Well, I was doing it entirely flame-free and smoke-free most of the time, so I had to pretend that I could see it all. I kept saying to the director, 'Am I close? Do I look like I've seen a fire, or does it just look like I'm doing really bad acting?' I'd like to say it was real but it wasn't.

"It was really fun to do though, because we don't do big stuff like that on Neighbours very often. We only do it about twice a year. I was down in the tunnels of Channel 10 where we used to film Prisoner, so if I looked horrified, it's because I was having flashbacks!"

I want you to start the campaign on Digital Spy - 'Get Sheila a toyboy'

What happens to Sheila in the fire?
    "While Sheila's trying to get out, she hears somebody yelling for help. She makes a very pathetic attempt to go and see who it is, but then she decides to just save herself instead. Which I thought was quite a sensible thing to do! (Laughs.)

"People take it very badly and think that Sheila decided to leave Toadie in the fire. It's not until she gets outside that she hears Toadie is missing and she realises what she did. Then Sheila is just riddled with grief and guilt. I'm bound to get a backlash from the Toadie fans, but Toadie and I do make up and have a bit of a hug once it's all over. I'm just hoping that his forgiveness will make all those Toadie fans see me in a whole new light."

The fire rages around Toadie
    © Channel 5
    The fire rages around Toadie

Do we find out who started the fire straight away?
    "Oh no, of course not. It just goes on and on for a while until we find out who did it. We think it's all sorts of people before then. During that time, Sheila's guilt also manifests itself in slightly silly ways. She decides that she needs to work at the nursery to help Sonya and she needs to be doing Toadie's laundry.

"Sheila gets involved with all these different problems and then it causes issues with her own health, so it's just an absolute saga."

Fans were devastated recently when your on-screen daughter Morgana O'Reilly (Naomi) left the show. How did you feel about losing her?
    "Oh I was devastated too, but I had a lot of time to get used to the idea. I knew in January that Morgana was pregnant and she was going to leave when she had the baby. She was contracted for 18 months and I don't think it was ever in her mind that she would re-contract.

"She loved the work and being part of the Cannings, though - especially when Sheila's son Gary arrived. He was only in the show for six weeks, but that was probably the happiest time we had together because we felt like a real family and we all had such fun."

Sheila wrestles with the guilt of choosing to save herself over Toadie
    © Channel 5
    Sheila wrestles with guilt

Have you kept in touch with Morgana since she left?
    "Definitely, and I've held her beautiful baby for hours. Morgana is in Sydney at the moment with her husband, and we talk to each other two or three times a week. I think we're friends for life. I just adored her in the screen test and I fought for her to be chosen for the role. I think she's one to watch - you will see her as a big international star."

You said on Twitter recently that more Cannings will arrive. Can you tell us any more about that?
    "If I told you much more, I think I'd have to kill you and that would be most unpleasant! A new Canning has arrived on set, but we're not allowed to say who it is. That starts a big new storyline. An older Canning is also arriving back early next year, so we'll be quite the big family again."

Sheila's romances always seem to end in tears. Would you like that to change?
    "She can't be happy, can she? I thought the last one with Russell was going to be fabulous and then he turned out to be a basher. I was heartbroken! But apparently they're threatening to bring in another one. The writers said to me the other day: 'She'll find love again next year'.

"I think we should start a campaign that the next one is about 25 years younger than Sheila. They do it all the time with the blokes. Look at Paul Robinson with my daughter Naomi, there was 30 years difference there. When are we going to see it the other way? I want you to start the campaign on Digital Spy. We'll call it 'Get Sheila a toyboy' and I want to see it all over your pages!"

digitalspy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-10-2015)

Sheila Canning's health is causing major concern in the latest Neighbours trailer.

https://youtu.be/aI-3ZRxHrxg

The popular character is seen experiencing frightening symptoms as she battles with guilt and stress after leaving Toadie Rebecchi for dead in the Erinsborough High fire.

Sheila's problems look set to cause disaster when she suffers a serious health episode while behind the wheel of a car, but will there be another casualty? The new promo, which can be viewed above, offers a first look at the dramatic scenes.

Terese Willis takes centre stage in the trailer too as she suffers her own health crisis in the aftermath of the fire, but not everyone on Ramsay Street is offering up sympathy.

Accusations also continue to fly around Erinsborough as the locals wonder who could have started the blaze, but is the culprit any closer to being unmasked?

Neighbours airs these scenes in a fortnight's time on Channel 5 in the UK and all this week on Eleven in Australia.
    Last edited by Perdita; 02-11-2015 at 11:35.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-11-2015)

heila is shocked when she realises that she has struck Ben with her car. It's a worrying wait for her at the hospital, until Ben is deemed to be suffering only a couple of fractured ribs. Despite the lucky escape, facing Ben's distressed grandfather only makes Sheila feel guiltier. Karl is furious at Sheila for not heeding his advice to rest and warns her that next time someone might be seriously injured through her actions.

Karl tells Sheila that it's time to face up to the source of her stress - her guilt over abandoning Toadie in the school fire. Sheila decides to take Karl's advice and admit all to Toadie, who graciously forgives her. When Sheila goes over to check on Ben, she tells him about her unburdening of her guilt and how she feels much better for it. Later Ben does a little unburdening himself, when he admits to Susan that he was the one to start the school fire.

Kyle witnesses Sheila hitting Ben with her car
    © Channel 5

Meanwhile, Amy's discovery of Susan's school petition in her father's penthouse leads her to doubt Paul completely. If he is capable of stealing the petition, could he have also set the fire? Talking it over with Daniel, Amy thinks she has to do the right thing and report Paul to the police.

Worried that Amy is carrying such a heavy burden, Daniel appeals to Paul to save her and own up to what he's done. Paul thinks it will be a simple trip to the police station to notify them of his presence at the school on the night of the fire, but it turns into a nightmare as he is charged with burglary and theft. While Amy is pleased that Paul has confessed, she has little sympathy for her father as he now faces the consequences of his actions - which could include him losing his mayorship.

Elsewhere, the news of Chris and Lucy's baby being born hits Nate hard, and he's reluctant to participate in a video call that Amber has organised with them. Hovering close by but out of view, Nate can see how together Chris is and this causes him to become aware of the state of his own life, particularly his worries about Aaron's impulsive and childish nature. He questions Aaron's commitment to him and their relationship. Things are tense, but Nate is later thrilled to see that Aaron is more than willing to step up and accept the challenge.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-11-2015), maidmarian (07-11-2015)

Meanwhile, Sheila's blood pressure is up. Karl warns her that if she doesn't take things easy, she could possibly have another heart attack. However, when Sonya asks Sheila to do a job for her, Sheila can't refuse and takes it upon herself to go the extra mile - even though it involves some serious heavy lifting.

When Karl catches Sheila in the act, he gives her a blast for blatantly ignoring his instructions. Forced into a corner, Sheila confesses her guilt to Karl about leaving Toadie for dead in the fire and how she can't forgive herself for what happened. She warns that if Karl ever breathes a word of this to anyone, especially the Rebecchis, she will report him for breaching patient confidentiality.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-11-2015)

Neighbours spoilers: Sheila Canning faces legal row after slapping a schoolgirl

She lashes out in Xanthe's defence early next month.

​Neighbours favourite Sheila Canning could land herself in hot water next month as she slaps one of Xanthe's troublesome schoolmates.

Sheila (Colette Mann) goes on the attack when she discovers that her granddaughter is being trolled by girls at school, who are bombarding her Facebook page with cruel comments.

Although Xanthe (Lilly Van der Meer) puts on a brave face and wants her grandma to stay out of it, Sheila isn't fooled and reports Alison -the ringleader bully - straight to her parents.

Sheila's intervention unfortunately makes matters worse, so when she later spots Alison picking on Xanthe in person, she completely loses her temper and slaps the nasty schoolgirl across the face.

In the aftermath, Sheila knows that she's gone too far -but the reality of the situation really hits home when Mark Brennan tells her that Alison's mother Jackie now intends to pursue legal action against her.

Toadie Rebecchi advises Sheila that mediation is her best chance to avoid being sued, but her first attempt to reason with Jackie only leads to more rows and acrimony.

As online insults directed at Xanthe continue to pile up, it's obvious that Sheila has done more harm than good this time.

Will Xanthe's bullying ordeal escalate, and just how severe will the consequences of Sheila's slap be?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, May 4 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...-a-schoolgirl/
    Last edited by eni294; 25-04-2016 at 11:08.

Thread Information