Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Piper Willis

Blame? What's to blame her for? Dating isn't a crime.

Having once been a 16 year old girl I think they're portraying the situation realistically. Hormonal teenagers...

Quote Originally Posted by CookieTargaryen View Post
    Blame? What's to blame her for? Dating isn't a crime.

Having once been a 16 year old girl I think they're portraying the situation realistically. Hormonal teenagers...
    It's a common trope in fiction that a teenage girl seduces an older man who's powerless to resist. It's one step away from victim blaming given that it's the man who really has the power in the situation despite appearances to the contrary.

Of course her parents and most of the community will blame Tyler, but we viewers have been given an insight into his heroic efforts to resist her advances...

The Piper/Tyler situation isn't just dating given that she's a schoolgirl and he's a grown man. I too remember being a sixteen year old girl and I realise now I didn't always know what was good for me, and sometimes needed to be protected for my own good. The fact that we as viewers know Tyler is a decent person at heart doesn't mean it's appropriate for him to be dating a child eight years younger than him, or that Piper's parents shouldn't intervene.

I hope she at least turns seventeen before they sleep together.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 17-06-2016 at 14:43.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

badirene (20-06-2016), indigodance (19-06-2016)

I thought she was just turned 17 ???? according to various wiki sites .... whatever she is very immature. The way she jumps to the selfie blog every time she has an issue (to share with the big wide world) I just see a very immature child with no common sense on how her own actions effect others. I remember being 16/17 - the way she is being portrayed - she acts around 14/15. ..... and just to add .... in the close up shots ..... she is well older than a 17 year old.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indigodance For This Useful Post:

badirene (20-06-2016), Dazzle (19-06-2016), lellygurl (28-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by indigodance View Post
    I thought she was just turned 17 ???? according to various wiki sites .... whatever she is very immature. The way she jumps to the selfie blog every time she has an issue (to share with the big wide world) I just see a very immature child with no common sense on how her own actions effect others. I remember being 16/17 - the way she is being portrayed - she acts around 14/15. ..... and just to add .... in the close up shots ..... she is well older than a 17 year old.
    Ooooh...I hope you're right that Piper's 17 as that would make Tyler just a little less of a creep to me. I've noticed they've recently made Piper's look older: the pink hair extension are gone and she's wearing more makeup. I agree she acts very immature though whatever her age.

Piper Willis and Tyler Brennan might be one of Neighbours' hottest couples right now, but fans shouldn't expect a wedding any time soon.
    https://youtu.be/17-gKLmuVGs

Travis Burns and Mavournee Hazel, who play the popular pair, seemed somewhat horrified by the idea of their characters getting hitched and having children in the Aussie show's latest video Q&A.

"No. Piper is a strong, independent women," Hazel insisted after a fan asked if there were any plans for the couple to start a family. "Although when Tyler is around she's whipped.

"But no way, there is too much potential for her to start a family. She is 16. That is very sudden. And Piper would be a really bad mum."

Tyler Brennan and Piper Willis kiss in Neighbours
    © Channel 5

The pair also discussed their kissing scenes, while Burns revealed if any of the cast members would be his groomsmen at his upcoming wedding to Emma Lane - who has appeared on the show as a guest character.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Vikki (07-07-2016)

Neighbours is lining up the ultimate cringeworthy moment as Piper Willis takes revenge in spectacular style at her parents' divorce party.

Piper (Mavournee Hazel) targets her half-sister Paige Smith and ex-boyfriend Tyler Brennan after discovering that they've betrayed her again by getting steamy at the garage.

After a few days of biding her time and keeping her knowledge to herself, Piper decides to get even as Brad (Kip Gamblin) and Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) celebrate the now-amicable end to their marriage.

Pretending that she wants to repair their friendship, Piper invites Tyler (Travis Burns) to attend the gathering and he agrees – blissfully unaware that she knows about his second passionate encounter with Paige and wants to get revenge publicly.

Brad and Terese Willis have a divorce party in Neighbours
    © Channel 5
    Brad and Terese Willis have a divorce party in Neighbours

Piper Willis gets revenge at Brad and Terese's divorce party in Neighbours
    © Channel 5
    Later, the party is in full swing when Piper plays her "family slideshow" for the guests, which turns out to be CCTV footage of Paige (Olympia Valance) and Tyler having sex in the garage.

As the guests struggle to know where to look, Paige and Tyler are utterly humiliated and there's a huge reaction from everyone else too.

While Brad and Terese are furious over Piper's immature actions, local priest Jack Callahan appears hurt and storms straight out of the party. Is this another sign that he still has feelings for Paige?

Piper Willis gets revenge at Brad and Terese Willis's divorce party in Neighbours
    © Channel 5

© Channel 5

© Channel 5

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, August 8 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (05-08-2016), chloe38 (01-08-2016), Dazzle (01-08-2016), Pantherboy (01-08-2016), Splashy (06-08-2016), tammyy2j (02-08-2016)

I don't know why I expected better from Tyler. Paige deserves everything she gets. She doesn't care about piper at all

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

badirene (05-08-2016), Dazzle (01-08-2016), lizann (01-08-2016), Splashy (06-08-2016), tammyy2j (02-08-2016)

Remember when Piper was actually sort of mature? I get she's hurt and what Paige and Tyler done was disrespectful to her feelings, but the way Piper is dealing with it is ridiculous.
    I know she's a teenager and hormones are all over the place etc, but that's not an excuse.

To play a tape of people having sex, whose parents, friends and other family are there? That's not teen angst, that's stupidity.

It's like when they ruined Paige. She came in as this really mature young women and they've made her really annoying and pathetic.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LauBuch For This Useful Post:

badirene (05-08-2016), Dazzle (01-08-2016), Splashy (06-08-2016), tammyy2j (02-08-2016)

why is a priest at a divorce party

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

badirene (05-08-2016), Splashy (06-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    why is a priest at a divorce party
    To be supportive of Paige I would imagine since their bond is still there.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LauBuch For This Useful Post:

Splashy (06-08-2016)

Thread Information