Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Ramsay (Ashleigh Brewer)

A few things about this storyline don't add up. The guy who plays Brennan said in an interview on This Morning that Kate's exit would be "up there with the best TV there is", an opinion few people appear to share if the hype on Facebook is anything to go by. Shot, pronounced dead and then funeral over in an episode is hardly a spectacular exit.

Frankly I think it was a rushed, mediocre and hopelessly derivative stock plot. It's been done before even on Neighbours more than once. As for being the "best TV" well I Have to say Eastenders (though I've not watched it for years) has done better many times - Martine McCutcheon's departure was more dramatic and half the country was in mourning. As soap plots go the Jordache patio plot in Brookside was legendary in comparison.

Quite a few inconsistencies though - if you look at the quick scene where the stretcher with the sheet over is brought into the hospital it appears there is no body in it. Nor was there any blood on Kate's dress but you'd expect a lot of bleeding to die 5 minutes after being shot. Brennan was a trained cop so he would know not to move someone who was just shot and the paramedics would have tried a defibrilator. When Karl sees Brennan in the hospital he just looks at him sympathetically and walks through the door, surely he would have gone up and spoken to him. What about the headstone planted and the grave grown over so quickly.

Also Kyle sees a car that looks like Montague's drive past his yard just after Kate walks away. Surely he would have phoned Matt and Brennan right away, police would be crawling all over the place and Brennan would have been more on edge after the threatening text he received.

So what I think is going to happen now - Brennan is going to go after Montague, catch up with him and in a rage end up killing him and his leaving the show will be to prison on a murder conviction. Also it will transpire that Montague was somewhere else and it was in fact Brennan's psycho ex who shot Kate (so we'll have two murder trials - again straight out of the stock plot filing cabinet). Remember what she said about not being afraid of heights when she confronted Kate in the penthouse.

I don't think it can be a dream as some are suggesting because whoever is dreaming would have to know Doug and know about Cody (so I think that means only Paul or Lou).

It can't be a witness protection/faked death setup to draw Montague out either because Brennan, Kate, the paramedics and of course the mystery shooter would all have to be in on it.

So either the writers and producers couldn't be arsed with this and wanted to do it quickly and go home one Friday or they have a really clever twist up their sleeve. Experience would suggest the former.
    Last edited by SitComFan; 12-04-2014 at 00:48.

A few things about this storyline don't add up. The guy who plays Brennan said in an interview on This Morning that Kate's exit would be "up there with the best TV there is", an opinion few people appear to share if the hype on Facebook is anything to go by. Shot, pronounced dead and then funeral over in an episode is hardly a spectacular exit.

Frankly I think it was a rushed, mediocre and hopelessly derivative stock plot. It's been done before even on Neighbours more than once. As for being the "best TV" well I Have to say Eastenders (though I've not watched it for years) has done better many times - Martine McCutcheon's departure was more dramatic and half the country was in mourning. As soap plots go the Jordache patio plot in Brookside was legendary in comparison.

Quite a few inconsistencies though - if you look at the quick scene where the stretcher with the sheet over is brought into the hospital it appears there is no body in it. Nor was there any blood on Kate's dress but you'd expect a lot of bleeding to die 5 minutes after being shot. Brennan was a trained cop so he would know not to move someone who was just shot and the paramedics would have tried a defibrilator. When Karl sees Brennan in the hospital he just looks at him sympathetically and walks through the door, surely he would have gone up and spoken to him. What about the headstone planted and the grave grown over so quickly.

Also Kyle sees a car that looks like Montague's drive past his yard just after Kate walks away. Surely he would have phoned Matt and Brennan right away, police would be crawling all over the place and Brennan would have been more on edge after the threatening text he received.

So what I think is going to happen now - Brennan is going to go after Montague, catch up with him and in a rage end up killing him and his leaving the show will be to prison on a murder conviction. Also it will transpire that Montague was somewhere else and it was in fact Brennan's psycho ex who shot Kate (so we'll have two murder trials - again straight out of the stock plot filing cabinet). Remember what she said about not being afraid of heights when she confronted Kate in the penthouse.

I don't think it can be a dream as some are suggesting because whoever is dreaming would have to know Doug and know about Cody (so I think that means only Paul or Lou).

It can't be a witness protection/faked death setup to draw Montague out either because Brennan, Kate, the paramedics and of course the mystery shooter would all have to be in on it.

So either the writers and producers couldn't be arsed with this and wanted to do it quickly and go home one Friday or they have a really clever twist up their sleeve. Experience would suggest the former.

[Don't know why that post duplicated but I can't delete it]
    Last edited by SitComFan; 12-04-2014 at 00:47.

Digital Spy caught up with one of our favourite soap actresses this week as we chatted to Neighbours star Eve Morey about future storylines for her character Sonya Rebecchi.

The first part of the Q&A went live yesterday, focusing on the marriage troubles ahead for Sonya and Toadie, as well as the upcoming departure of their son Callum. If you haven't read Part One yet, catch up here.

Here in Part Two, we hear more from Eve about another big event ahead in Erinsborough and more!

Australian Neighbours fans have seen high drama with Kate's shooting this week, but we know there's another big story on the way where Stephen Montague returns and the whole of Ramsay Street has to be put under lockdown! What can we expect?
    "That was a really full-on storyline. When I first read it on the page, I didn't actually give it the weight of what it was until I got to the Street for filming. There were all these police officers in the scenes and we were all fenced in. I was like, 'Oh my God! This is huge!' I knew that the emotional stakes needed to be high.

"It's a storyline where Sonya ends up fearing for Callum's life, so I was thinking, 'Come on, get into gear Eve!' Sonya can be a bit nutty when it comes to Callum. He's the one thing she has no rational brain about. When he's in danger, she tends to lose it a bit - and that's what eventuates when Callum is taken by Montague and held hostage…"

Jason Herbison is now the main producer in charge of Neighbours. What's it like to have a new boss?
    "It's been really great because Jason has a writing background and he loves the show. He knows the storylines so well, so you can go in and have really awesome and detailed character conversations with him. That's really wonderful, and he's also really open to suggestions and our opinions on things. He knows it's important to keep the characters' integrity in check, so it's been great."

After years on the show together, you finally had a storyline with James Mason (Chris) recently. Were you glad to work with him properly at last?
    "It was really awesome! It's funny that we've been on the show for the same length of time, but our characters didn't really have anything to do with each other until this storyline. James is such a sweetheart and so gorgeous, but the funny thing was that all Chris seemed to do in the first part of that storyline was yell at Sonya the whole time!

"It was quite funny having to do that intense stuff with James, but then it was also really nice to do a storyline which deals with very relevant issues. The writers have done a lot with Sonya and her addiction, but here we were able to show what it's like for people who have to support those with addictions. I think that was great.

"It's also nice for myself and James, because our characters have a history now and we're generally more familiar with each other as characters when we see each other on the Street, which is nice."

Chris tells Sonya to butt out of his life.
    © Channel 5
    Sonya and Chris have recently clashed

Next year will be 20 years since Toadie first joined Neighbours. Do you hope the producers have a big storyline planned to celebrate?
    "I do - as long as it's not any type of affair, it'll be a great storyline! (Laughs.) It's 20 years for Karl and Susan this year, and then 20 years next year for Ryan [Moloney, who plays Toadie]. That's crazy! I hope that we really get to celebrate The Toad in all of his glory by doing a lot of fun and zany stuff, like the things that he used to be able to get away with!"

How do you feel about Neighbours' 30th anniversary approaching next year?
    "It's pretty surreal that it'll have been on for 30 years! Recently we've been having a lot of guests coming through from the old-school Neighbours and you really feel like you're part of an institution when that happens. We're all part of the same world and the same show, which is really cool.

"I think it'd be great to celebrate the show and what it's done. The amount of people that Neighbours has employed over the years is really wonderful, so it'd be great to celebrate that."

After you suggested that Neighbours should explore eating disorder storylines last year, were you pleased with the end results?
    "I was incredibly proud of those storylines. I thought that one storyline is great, but then to bookend it with another facet of eating disorders with the character of Josie was wonderful.

"Both Ariel [Kaplan, who plays Imogen] and Madison [Daniel, who plays Josie] did such a beautiful job. It's times like that when you're really proud to be on the show, because it's not only creating stories that are interesting to watch, but it also has a high social purpose. I think that's a really important thing to aim towards."

Imogen admits she has a problem
    © Channel 5
    Imogen had an eating disorder story last year

Lots of fans are looking forward to the arrival of Scott and Charlene's son Daniel. Have you had any scenes with him yet?
    "I haven't had any interaction with him in scenes yet! Last week we filmed a scene where we were in the same place but we didn't speak to each other. In the next filming block, I finally talk to him.

"I think there are certain things about our characters that are quite similar, so we serve a similar function in scenes. I'm sure you'll understand that more when you get to know who he is. As a result, you don't always need Daniel and Sonya in the same scenes!"

Scarlett who plays baby Nell is turning into a real scene-stealer!
    "I love that! I got to work with Scarlett today and she's so great. She just brings so much more life to a scene, and we're able to engage and improvise with her. If she does something such as yawn in a scene or says something, we respond to that and try to incorporate it, which keeps the scene moving forward. That makes it so much more real and organic.

"I also think that Nell has helped to make the Rebecchis so much more like a real family, and that has also upped the stakes when things go wrong. We've just been so lucky - we've got the perfect baby! I don't know how we did it, but it's great!"
    Last edited by Perdita; 12-04-2014 at 06:11.

I don't like the thought of this episode at all. Maybe I'll give Kate's exit a miss.

I've read that with the makeover to Charlies Bar its name is going to be changed back to the Waterhole.

I would have thought since Paul wanted Kate to help him redesign it he would have name it "Kate's Bar" or just "Kate's" in her memory.

I wonder does this lend credence to the circulating theories she (or Chris) is in a coma and dreaming?

Also the impression seems to be that the shooter actually intended to shoot Brennan so why is he not in witness protection like Danni until the culprit is caught since presumably he may still be a target?

Quote Originally Posted by jamezzz981 View Post
    SPOILERS:

Kate dies in the episode 6857. The paramedics are unable to regain Kate to consciousness and she dies at the scene. What a terrible way to kill her off and the episode is so rushed but the funeral is very emotional.
    the acting was brutal especially from brennan

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-04-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    the acting was brutal especially from brennan
    I've got to admit that I was laughing at Brennan's grief-stricken "acting" during the funeral scenes

It was moving overall though, I thought.

Neighbours star Stefan Dennis has told Digital Spy that there will be "incredibly dramatic ramifications" when Kate Ramsay's killer is revealed later this year.

Viewers have been left to speculate over who murdered Kate after she was shot at Lassiter's Lake in a tragic turn of events on UK screens this week.

Ramsay Street's residents currently believe that Stephen Montague was the killer, acting out of revenge due to his animosity with Kate's fiancé Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor). However, other possible suspects will become clear in future episodes.

Dennis, who plays Kate's uncle Paul Robinson, told Digital Spy: "Viewers will be very surprised when they find out who shot Kate. Then they'll be even more surprised when they discover why the person who killed her did it.

"There are also some incredibly dramatic ramifications which come from that. There's some pretty exciting viewing coming up regarding this storyline over the next couple of months."

The next big incident to hit Erinsborough is only two weeks away on UK screens, as Ramsay Street has to be put under lockdown when Montague returns and clashes with Brennan.

Asked whether the show's producers are trying to make the show more dramatic this year, Dennis replied: "They're trying to juggle both things. They're trying to bring it back to the original Neighbours and what made it such a success in the beginning.

"That means bringing back the strength of the families, friends and the community within the Street. But at the same time, it can't all be cheesy and squeaky clean because that'd be boring television, so they've got to inject the drama as well.

"It's a very, very difficult situation for the producers and the networks, because Neighbours has a 6.30pm timeslot in Australia, so they're incredibly strict about what we're allowed to get away with. It's a really difficult task for the producers to juice it up while keeping within the boundaries that have been set for them.

"I think they're doing it quite successfully at the moment, though, because the ratings are picking up all the time. Neighbours is the only show in Australia that started out low, went to incredible highs, and then slowly came right down to the point where people thought it was going to end, but then started on an upward surge again.

"No other show in Australia has ever done that. For a show to be brought back literally from the brink to the success it's enjoying at the moment is another history-making thing that the show has done."

Dennis also declined to reveal whether Paul will ever make peace with Brennan after blaming him for Kate's death.

He said: "I can't give that away because that's a big part of the ongoing whodunnit storyline that's going to play out over the next couple of months. Let's just say they come to a compromise."
    Last edited by Perdita; 24-04-2014 at 17:32.

Kate Ramsay's killer

WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS THAT MAY END UP BEING TRUE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS MY OPINION AND IS NOT TRUE.

The main mystery on everyone's tongue now is who shot Kate Ramsay? Stephen Montague has recently been ruled out due to him giving and alibi that turned out to be true. The next suspect that everyone is thinking of is Sienna - Brennan's ex. However, you may have remembered this article...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...te-Ramsay.html

In here, Paul and Terese (Stefan and Rebekah) drop a clue as to who shot Kate. The clue is that you see the person who shot her in the episode. This still leaves most of the cast of Neighbours and Sienna. However, there is one scene in the whole episode that only stuck out to me that may reveal who shot Kate. This mystery lies in the episode when Chris is knocked unconscious. The link to the part of the episode I am talking about can be found on this link.

Go to about 30 seconds in the video. At this point, we see Chris facing Montague. Notice here that there is a bald man in black sitting in the seat. This man has been known as Victor Cleary. Victor is related to Gus Cleary who was murdered by Paul Robinson in the 2004 Lassiters bushfire. Notice the pants that he is wearing. He is wearing a blackish-greyish tracksuit pants.

Now keep watching and carefully look at the scene when Chris is hit by the sack. You'll notice the pants on the person is the same as the bald man sitting at the table. Montague's pants are jeans therefore it couldn't have been him that hit Chris. While this doesn't prove he shot Kate, he was around the area at the time of the shooting and Stefan did say in the interview that the killer is seen in the episode.

So what do you guys think of my theory? Do you think that it may be related the killing of Gus Cleary? Leave your thoughts!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jamezzz981 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (29-04-2014)

Interesting!! I did think it was Sienna but after this, you have changed my mind! Incredible how if this is true, that they can bring back the past from 10 years ago!

Thread Information