Thread: Dancing On Ice 2012 *** with spoilers**

Dancing On Ice 2012 *** with spoilers**

Dancing on Ice producers are contemplating a complete overhaul of the show's judging panel, according to tabloid reports.

Louie Spence, Katarina Witt and Robin Cousins's jobs are all at risk following a drop in ratings during the latest series, reports The Sun.

Spence and Witt were brought in as replacements for Emma Bunton and Jason Gardiner at the start of the series, but the duo failed to generate headlines or much viewer support.

New host Christine Bleakley was also criticised by Digital Spy readers, who bemoaned the loss of Holly Willoughby to BBC One's The Voice UK.

The ice-skating reality show has typically topped Sunday night ratings in January for ITV1, but it lost out due to the huge success of new BBC drama Call The Midwife.

A source told The Sun: "Dancing On Ice was so boring this year - and it didn't escape the notice of the top brass.

"We're going back to the drawing board in a bid to inject some life into the show. We're looking at everything - the judges, the stars on the show, everything is up for discussion."

Producers are also apparently considering switching the series from Sunday nights to Saturday nights in 2013.

Louie Spence has confirmed his departure from Dancing on Ice.

The choreographer announced on Twitter that he will leave the judging panel for the ITV show's upcoming eighth series.

Jason Gardiner will replace him on the panel, having previously left after the 2011 series.

Spence tweeted: "To all asking no I won't be judging @Dancingonice this year Jason is back ..."

He added: "Can't wait to watch @officialJasonG on @dancingonice he will spice up the ice, go guuurrrrrlllll lol"

Gardiner was linked with a return to the show earlier this month. However, sources previously claimed that it wouldn't necessarily lead to Spence's departure.

The Australian will join Robin Cousins on the panel, while a new female judge will also replace the outgoing Katarina Witt, according to The Sun.

Jason Gardiner's return may cause friction with Dancing on Ice coach Karen Barber, with the pair reportedly not speaking since falling out last year.

Former X Factor winner Shayne Ward is among the stars rumoured to be taking part in the 2013 series.
    Last edited by Perdita; 21-11-2012 at 10:42.

I'm glad Jason will be be back as all celebrity dance competitions need a panto baddie, but I will miss Louis as he did give constructive criticism when it came to the celebs dance routines. Not surprised that Katarina is not returning she was like the Aliesha Dixon. Her advice was crazy. DOI have two choices to go back to five judges with the 6 maximum score for each judge or they have three judges scoring out of 10. one judge being Jason/Louis for dance technique, one Robin on skating skills and another judge possibly be an actor/actress to give advice on acting during the routine as well as remembering the steps like they do on strictly. Also get rid or Christine she was awful last year.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information