Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daz Spencer (Mark Jordon)

Daz Spencer (Mark Jordon)

Emmerdale bosses have announced that Dan Spencer's older brother Daz will be joining the village this summer.

Former Heartbeat and The Royal actor Mark Jordon has been cast in the role of Daz, who has been tipped to "cause havoc" for Dan in future storylines.

Mark Jordon as PC Bellamy in Heartbeat
    © ITV/REX
    Mark Jordon as PC Bellamy in Heartbeat

Daz is a charming ex-marine who is quick to make friends with some of the local residents, but his presence in the village leaves Dan (Liam Fox) feeling conflicted.

As the story progresses, viewers will be left wondering whether Dan is unsettled by Daz's wayward reputation, or if he is merely jealous of his brother's instant popularity with the other villagers.

Speaking of his new role, Jordon commented: "ITV Studios in Leeds has always felt like a second home and I'm really looking forward to being back there, this time with the cast and crew of Emmerdale."

Emmerdale's series producer Kate Oates added: "We're delighted to see Mark return to Yorkshire and are so pleased to add Emmerdale to his vast list of TV credits. He will be a great addition and we are excited to start filming with him."

Jordon, best known for his role as PC Phil Bellamy in Heartbeat, will start filming at Emmerdale later this month and his first scenes will air in July.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (05-05-2014), helena1414 (05-05-2014), lizann (05-05-2014), maidmarian (05-05-2014), tammyy2j (05-05-2014)

As long as he don't ruin Dan's relationships with Kerry and Bob

Emmerdale newcomer Mark Jordon has hinted at a romance twist for his character Daz Spencer.

Speaking on This Morning, Jordon said: "There's definitely going to be a moment (with) one of the characters... we get close and I would imagine that everyone at home would be very disappointed.

"And I would imagine it would be one of those moments where there is literally a "no!" (moment) going on. So I'm so pleased because this has been just tremendous for me."

Jordon plays Dan Spencer's older brother Daz, a former military man who arrived in the village this week.

He has quickly become popular amongst the locals, but viewers will soon see another side to him as he maliciously tries to destroy Dan's happiness with his fiancée Kerry Wyatt in the run up to their wedding.

Jordon, who previously appeared in Heartbeat, spoke about his character, adding: "I love Daz, I just think he is not what you think he is.

"There is a particular reason which we definitely find out this week why Daz has utilised the fact there is a wedding to his best advantage.

"As all good classic soap weddings are I can probably be allowed to say it doesn't go very smoothly and whether or not Daz has a hand in that (you will have to wait and see)."

Diane tells Kerry that Daz has booked their wedding. Kerry hugs Daz but Dan Spencer [LIAM FOX] is less impressed.
    © ITV

The actor continued to talk about his role on the show, discussing the misleading nature of his character's development and the quality of the writing on the show:

"This whole being in Emmerdale is great, just to have a nice chunk of story should be good enough, but I think what they have done, the writing is so brilliant on this, they lead you down a little path.

"This week we'll know why he is really there and then maybe in your own mind as an audience member you will think: 'Oh, ok, we know what type of person he is now', and we'll watch for that.

"But it goes off again, there's a little thing that happens and it takes him somewhere else, but because of the Spencer connection, it affects them and it affects their storylines and part of my journey is to send others off on journeys too directly because of me and it's just brilliant how that unfolds."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (11-07-2014), tammyy2j (10-07-2014)

I would think he gets close to Kerry or Alicia

did kerry give a tan he looks orange

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Tobyjug12000 (21-08-2017)

laura real life fella back on the show

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (21-08-2017), Perdita (21-08-2017)

Emmerdale welcomed Heartbeat star Mark Jordon back to the cast on Monday night (August 21), as his character Daz Spencer turned up in a rather bad state.

He was unveiled as the mystery homeless person recognised by Kerry Wyatt (Mark's real-life girlfriend Laura Norton), but it seems things might be looking up for him, in the romance department at least.

When asked if there is a potential relationship for Daz, Emmerdale producer Iain MacLeod spilled the beans.

Kerry Wyatt sees Daz Spencer in Emmerdale
    © ITV

"Yes, there is definitely one on the cards," he said. "I won't say who with. It's an interesting 'odd couple' dynamic, which is really good fun."

Iain added that he decided to bring Daz back because they wanted to expand the family and explore his relationship with his brother Dan.

"I liked the idea of expanding Kerry and Dan's family group by adding another source of friction and introducing something more serious. I wanted to build a bigger family and give another facet to the stories we could tell," he said.

Iain also revealed we will find out more about their background and where they came from, which sounds pretty exciting.

"I love the character and it felt like the right thing for the show," he explained.

However, it seems the audience will be left wondering whether Daz will return to his old ways by scamming the family.

"Without adjudicating either way on the precise question, the whole point for Dan is: can he trust his brother after what his brother put them all through? We'll be inviting the audience to ask the same question of him," Iain said.

Daz Spencer visits the village in Emmerdale
    © ITV
    "Certainly when Daz first comes back, by all accounts and by his own description, he's genuine and the experiences that he relates are genuine. But there will be things along the way that will make you question that.

"Partly the point is – as happens in real families – you have the prodigal son and when they come back, it's not always that easy to forgive and forget. That's kind of the point of the story I suppose."

Digital Spy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (23-08-2017)

Bernice?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Bernice?
    Too easy .. Rebecca or Charity or Chastity .. they want dramaaaaa !!!

Could Daz love interest be Vanessa?

Thread Information