Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Neighbours Spoilers 5th - 9th September 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they did split up. Found their "love" very unbelievable!
    I never liked them together or believed them as a couple, mostly because Imogen was such a lying manipulator with her best friend Amber, just like Steph was with her best friend Libby. Although in Imogen's case it paid off because she got the guy. But her and Daniel never had chemistry to me. She was way too uptight for him, well at least the Daniel who first showed up in Ramsay Street, not that corporate knob he became. I liked hippie Daniel and hippie Amber.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CookieTargaryen For This Useful Post:

badirene (05-09-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieTargaryen View Post
    I never liked them together or believed them as a couple, mostly because Imogen was such a lying manipulator with her best friend Amber, just like Steph was with her best friend Libby. Although in Imogen's case it paid off because she got the guy. But her and Daniel never had chemistry to me. She was way too uptight for him, well at least the Daniel who first showed up in Ramsay Street, not that corporate knob he became. I liked hippie Daniel and hippie Amber.
    Yes, I liked Daniel with Amber too. I really thought they had a connection.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

badirene (05-09-2016)

Monday

Brad and Ned are staggered when they learn from Susan that Piper has made a formal complaint against Elly for unfair treatment. Elly is also anxious when she hears of the investigation. Fearing her prejudices could be exposed, she pressures Ned into accessing Piper's phone for the damaging formal vlog footage which Piper took offline. Ned is torn, but when Piper's behaviour seems to back up Elly's allegations, he does as she asks.

After examining the material, Susan agrees that Piper's marks have dropped significantly since Elly started at the school, but there's not enough evidence to suggest unfair treatment. She has also seen the vlog footage in which Piper seems vindictive and aggressive, so the subject is closed.

A smug Elly feels vindicated, but Piper is furious and storms off without apologising. She debriefs with Ned later about the whole disastrous scenario, which leaves him feeling horribly guilty about his betrayal.

Meanwhile, as he follows up a lead with snake handler Ari's boss, Mark receives an urgent call from Steph revealing that Belinda has shown up, so he abandons the enquiry to hurry home. When he learns from Belinda that Ari was a psychotic ex-patient who was infatuated with her, he rushes back to the wildlife sanctuary. But he's too late - Ari has taken off with his snakes in search of his old nurse. With Ari posing a very real threat to the women, Mark hides them in a safe house.

Elsewhere, Amy attends confession and unburdens herself about her trust issues and jealousy of other women in relationships. Afterwards, Steph sees a noticeable change in her demeanour. She seems calmer and more at peace with the world. But when Mark asks if anything odd happened when she went to confession, she becomes suspicious at how much he knows. With Jack's help, she searches the confessional and discovers a listening device, leaving her feeling betrayed and violated.

Tuesday

After discovering the bug in the confessional, Amy and Jack confront Mark at the station. Mark tries to hose the issue down, but their raised voices attract the attention of Detective Sergeant Ellen Crabb. She promptly suspends Mark, pending investigation of Amy's allegation.

At the same time, Belinda is finding her time with Steph in the safe house awkward and steals away for a while. Mark is perplexed by her disappearance and considers the theory that Belinda may be in cahoots with Ari, so he resolves to go and look for her. Steph relays this to Ellen, who is annoyed that Mark is still on the case while he's suspended. Both women head out to find him.

Soon afterwards, Belinda runs into Charlie, who has wandered away from the safety of the Canning house while looking for his drone. As she scolds him, Ari appears. He explains that he loves Belinda and has been enacting a grand gesture to prove it - making Steph pay for ruining Belinda's life. As Belinda tries to talk Ari down, Charlie sends an SOS message to Steph, who has now caught up with Mark along with Ellen.

Mark and Ellen arrive on the scene just as Ari's mania is escaalting, which has horrifying consequences when Mark is stabbed in a terrifying scuffle...

Meanwhile, Jack hopes the bugging experience won't put Amy off confession. Amy admits she's not sure she believes in God, but assures Jack she's going to keep burdening him with her issues - just in a bar, not a box. Despite this unfortunate incident, their connection continues to grow.

Also today, Paige is stoked when Aaron lands her a professional boxing opponent - Angelina Jackson. A worried Lauren queries why Angelina would want to fight someone as inexperienced as Paige, but Tyler and Aaron maintain that she's probably excited by the pay cheque and the prospect of fighting someone new.

However, while researching Angelina online, Aaron discovers that she recently hospitalised a sparring partner. Aaron wants to withdraw Paige from the fight, but Aaron is bound by the contract he signed and must still pay Angelina's appearance fee of $12,000.

Wednesday

As Mark's worried loved ones keep vigil, Karl informs them that Ari's knife has punctured his lung and air is escaping into his chest cavity, pressing against his heart and threatening to cause a heart attack.

Steph is overwhelmed, not only by what Mark has done to protect herself and her son, but also faced with the possibility of her family being torn apart if he doesn't make it.

Meanwhile, with all eyes on Mark, an emotional Steph fails to realise that Charlie isn't coping well with his guilt. Toadie does his best to draw Charlie out of his mood, but Charlie won't have it and lashes out at Nell.

Elsewhere, when Aaron tells Paige that he's going to cancel the fight, she insists on going ahead with it. She's driven by the frustration of people making decisions for her, namely Jack. While training, Angelina pays Paige a visit and makes it very clear who she's up against. Angelina warns that not only does Paige have very little hope of winning, but she could very well end up in hospital.

Thursday

Freaked out following her confrontation with Angelina, Paige tells Aaron that she's decided to pull out of the fight. Both Aaron and Tyler are relieved, although once Paige leaves, Tyler reminds his brother this means he'll be up for Angelina's $12,000 fee. Aaron fears that he might have to give up his share of the house.

Tyler later confides in Piper, who tackles Paige and tells her that Aaron will face financial ruin if she pulls out of the fight. Piper also challenges Paige to think about this from a girl psychology point of view. Is it possible that Angelina is trying to psych Paige out because she's scared to fight?

Mulling this over, Paige goes to Dustin, who thinks the "Angelina's scared" theory may have legs. He advises that if Paige wants to go through with this, she just has to fight hard and fight dirty - exploiting whatever weakness Angelina shows. Fired up, Paige tells Aaron the fight is back on.

Meanwhile, Paul proudly shows off the new motel restaurant to Terese. She learns some of what he's got planned for the big opening - such as Madison singing - from Paul himself and picks up extra information thanks to another helpful source.

Soon afterwards, Terese tells Sheila that she is fully intent on ruining the restaurant opening by running a competing event on the same day - the pigeon race - and stealing all of his ideas. Paul is later horrified when he goes to book Madison to sing at the restaurant opening and she regretfully informs him that Terese has already pencilled her in for the race that same day. Realising he's been played, Paul issues Terese a warning.

Elsewhere, Xanthe is feeling despondent about the state of play with Ben. Madison encourages Xanthe to do nothing, as it's better to sit back and wait for Ben to come to her. Later, Xanthe is horrified when she sees Madison and Ben together at Number 28. Madison suggests to Ben they should go to his room to "get on with it" and Xanthe can't believe it. Are Madison and Ben having a secret affair?

Friday

Xanthe mournfully reveals all to Sheila about Madison and Ben. Sheila then decides to reap revenge on behalf of her heartbroken granddaughter. What she doesn't realise is that Ben is preparing to serenade Xanthe at the Lassiters pigeon race ceremony and has enlisted Madison's help.

Making no bones about it, Sheila fires Madison from her singing gig. When Ben finds out about it, he confronts a confused Xanthe...

Meanwhile, Paul is on a mission to derail Terese's big day and tries to convince Madison to cancel her race day singing gig. Paul becomes desperate when this doesn't work, handing out flyers advertising a fancy opening day truffle entree special - 50% off.

However, Paul soon discovers The Waterhole have bought up the entire Melbourne supply and will be giving away free truffle tastings on the same day. An offhand quip from Toadie gives Paul a final dastardly idea - to put the cat amongst the pigeons. Literally.

Elsewhere, thinking the Piper and Elly situation has finally been put to bed, Susan is surprised to see Piper on detention and picking up rubbish after school. When Piper tells her that Elly has given her an extreme punishment for not apologising, Susan realises the issue may be more complex than she realised. Testing Elly's professionalism, Susan switches Ben and Piper's English assignments and her suspicions are confirmed when Ben's paper - with Piper's name on it - is given a low mark.

Also today, Ned's good mood is ruined when Bree turns up at The Waterhole, telling him that his ex Regan wants to see him. It's definitely a threat and Ned realises he has to tell Elly. But when Elly praises his honesty and genuine nature, he chickens out. What is he going to do about his ex?

Digital Spy

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Aussieguy (28-08-2016), badirene (05-09-2016), binky321 (28-08-2016), Pantherboy (28-08-2016), Ruffed_lemur (28-08-2016), Vikki (28-08-2016)

They had better hurry up and have Elly redeem herself somehow because she's behaving horribly and it's not entertaining, especially when the victim of her bullying is a kid 10 years her junior. And I hate seeing her with Ned - has she even said one nice thing to him yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CookieTargaryen View Post
    They had better hurry up and have Elly redeem herself somehow because she's behaving horribly and it's not entertaining, especially when the victim of her bullying is a kid 10 years her junior. And I hate seeing her with Ned - has she even said one nice thing to him yet?
    Not sure she will redeem herself. She seems an awful person, and I hope Ned dumps her soon.

Page should be with Mark, they were both at fault for the marriage not happening and for Mark who is always so moral and on his high horse to be with Steph isn't realistic. Steph should be with Amy as they are well suited and Tyler should be with Piper as they are well suited, however neighbours never condone age gap relationships in terms of teens with twenties, and Pipet acting like a jealous kid when her and Tyler eventually got together was so out of character, I mean come on neighbours, I hate when characters have a personality transplant (corrie is the worst for it). The priest should stay away from temptation, he made a decision to be celibate so needs to keep making that decision by not staying friends with women he fancies.

Quote Originally Posted by 10079229 View Post
    Page should be with Mark, they were both at fault for the marriage not happening and for Mark who is always so moral and on his high horse to be with Steph isn't realistic. Steph should be with Amy as they are well suited and Tyler should be with Piper as they are well suited, however neighbours never condone age gap relationships in terms of teens with twenties, and Pipet acting like a jealous kid when her and Tyler eventually got together was so out of character, I mean come on neighbours, I hate when characters have a personality transplant (corrie is the worst for it). The priest should stay away from temptation, he made a decision to be celibate so needs to keep making that decision by not staying friends with women he fancies.
    Regarding Paige and Mark: that train left the station a long time ago. I don't see why she's better suited to straight-laced Mark after all the lies and her criminal involvement with Dimato and Michelle. Steph's crimes were all committed whilst ill if I remember correctly and she's a different person now. Admittedly she's a lot more laid back than him but who isn't? In that regard his BFF Sonia is probably his best match!

I think Paige has the best chemistry with Tyler and don't understand why the writers have resisted putting them together properly.

They had Piper act like a kid because she was well out of her depth in an adult relationship. Unfortunately I'm not sure it's completely over, though I really hope it is.

Jack appears to think he can have his cake, eat it, and be jealously possessive over it too.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 30-08-2016 at 01:29.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

badirene (05-09-2016)

I agree Paige is better suited with Tyler the Jack thing just annoys me now and Piper and Tyler is just weird in my opinion and Piper doesn't love Tyler she is 16 she doesn't even know what love is

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarkMcG97 For This Useful Post:

badirene (05-09-2016), Dazzle (30-08-2016)

I never liked Paige and Tyler together, even before Piper came on the scene. They were OK for a casual hook up but it was always one-sided and Tyler was manipulative and sneaky back then trying to get between Paige and Mark (gee, Neighbours writers, how original, not at all EXACTLY LIKE Imogen was doing with Daniel and Amber), and I still don't feel like they're a long term thing. I like Tyler with Piper (or I did, but now I think she's too good for him) and I think this extended separation is laying the path for them to get back together. I still reckon 17 is the magic number.

I did like Paige and Mark too and wish they'd stayed a couple, or at least not moved on so quickly. Paige's relationship with Jack seems so forced, and I can't even look at the screen when Mark and Steph are together.

Jack appears to think he can have his cake, eat it, and be jealously possessive over it too.
    I think the way Paige is drooling over the thought of Jack giving in to her sexual whims is just disgusting ... totally gutter level.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to indigodance For This Useful Post:

badirene (05-09-2016)

Thread Information