Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thrush

Eat more plain yoghurt and
    Spoiler:
    cover your bits with the yoghurt too. You should find that it reduces the symptoms in next to no time.
    I have never heard of it being passed through sharing towels. More info here:
    http://www.womenshealthlondon.org.uk...rushrisks.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Abigail (19-10-2009)

I did go to the doctors Abigail, and my doctor could see how much distress I was in over it so gave me canasten, a tablet, and a pessarie.

However, I keep getting it every month too... not as bad just liek you, but it's annoying this month, and I can't seem to shift it.

Definately go to your doctor and explain how it's affecting you, they will help all they can

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirsty :] For This Useful Post:

Abigail (19-10-2009)

Thanks guys. I'll make an appointment this week. I'm fed up of having it and being itchy. It's really not a nice feeling.

Kirsty, did the doctor examine you or take a swab?

No, but I only went once, the first time I had it. They may take one from you though if you go again?

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Some women are susceptible to having thrush every month for a while though - I know I was for a long time and still keep a thrush tablet and cream in the cupboard just in case. Sometimes, just your natural cycle has you producing lots of yeast etc and away you go. Thing is getting to notice when the symptoms are first starting and to hit it quickly before it gets too bad.

I'm sorry if this post gets a bit too graphic.

I noticed that it was starting a day or so after my period finished. I thought it could maybe be the mooncup I used so I used tampons this month and I didn't get it as bad.

It seems to be worse at night, very sore and itchy, or when I'm sat for a long time.

Is there a cheaper form of cannesten that works just as well?

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I have found generic versions of both the oral tablet and of the cream that work just as well, if not better than Canestan. I've found the tablet to be £1.99 in one place (a little while back this was though).

Through the night and when you are sat for a while, tends to warm you up a bit if you see what I mean, and that exacerbates the problem.

Funny you should say about the mooncup though, as I found I improved massively once I made the switch to mine.

I also know of a lot of women that are badly affected if they use Always.
    Last edited by Jojo; 26-10-2009 at 15:50.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

Abigail (26-10-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    I have found generic versions of both the oral tablet and of the cream that work just as well, if not better than Canestan. I've found the tablet to be £1.99 in one place (a little while back this was though).

Through the night and when you are sat for a while, tends to warm you up a bit if you see what I mean, and that exacerbates the problem.

Funny you should say about the mooncup though, as I found I improved massively once I made the switch to mine.

I also know of a lot of women that are badly affected if they use Always.
    i had to switch from always, as i was raw by the end!!!! before i had aimee the always silk actually improved it a bit but now nope cannot use them at all. In fact any brands by end of period im sore and itchy!!! Seriously considering the mooncup for when i need next.

I had no problems with the mooncup until I got thrush the first time. Maybe there's some bacteria still on it and that's why I get recurrent infections

I'll have a look when I go to the chemist and see what they have. I'm not keen on spending £11 on a tablet and some cream if there are cheaper alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    I apologise in advance if this gets a bit too graphic for a public forum

I've had some itching, dryness and burning for the past couple of days. This morning I woke up and the itching was really bad. I put some clotrimazole cream on (its the same as canesten according to the woman in the chemist last week) and that seemed to sooth it a bit.

My symptoms have gotten worse through the day (y'know, typical thrush) and now the itchyness is driving me crazy.

I don't know if it is the cream has made it worse or if it naturally got worse

So this is my question: what can I do until Monday when the chemist is open? Morrisons here doesn't have a pharmacy so I definitely can't get anything medicinal. No live yoghurt either.

I'm hoping the more experienced members on here will have some suggestions. I've not had thrush before and it's driving me crazy. How long does it typically last?
    could be cystitis
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Thread Information