Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Brennan (Matt Wilson)

Does anyone see Aaron (facial features, etc) are similar to Kyle?? Lol

I seen Aaron and immediately saw Kyle - they look very much alike! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Neighbours newcomer Matt Wilson has promised that fans can expect 'juicy storylines' and lots of drama from his character Aaron Brennan.

The actor has been cast as Mark and Tyler's brother Aaron, and Australian viewers saw him arrive on screen yesterday.

Speaking about what is coming up for his character, Wilson has teased that it will soon become apparent that the Brennan brothers don't know each other as well as they like to think.

Speaking to All About Soap, Wilson said: "There's a lot the Brennans don't know about each other and so there are juicy storylines looming. Fighting, romance, betrayal and upset are all around the corner."

When asked what sort of impact Aaron will have on Ramsay Street, Wilson said: "A big one! He certainly knows how to shake up a town and he will immediately make friends and fans in the neighbourhood.

"There is some great stuff coming up with Aaron and Josh - they will be good mates."

One of Aaron's first storylines will see Tyler try to set him up with Nate Kinski, but Wilson has teased that it won't be plain sailing for the pair.

He said: "Nate doesn't want anything to do with Aaron at first, so it is not the perfect pairing. Tyler has got a long way to go before he'll make a good Cupid!

"Then Aaron gets involved in Nate's business with a new guy called Alistair. It all turns a bit sour when Aaron steps in to help after Nate and Alistair fall out and Nate definitely doesn't take too kindly to his game-playing!"

UK viewers will see Aaron's arrival in two weeks' time on Channel 5.

Neighbours newcomer Aaron Brennan will make a memorable arrival in Erinsborough later this month when he is unveiled as a male stripper that Sheila Canning has organised for The Waterhole.

Despite her best efforts, Sheila's bingo night at the bar gets off to an uneventful start until Mark and Tyler realise that the identity of the male dancer booked to spice things up is their brother Aaron, played by Matt Wilson.

Mark (Scott McGregor) explains to Tyler that he called Aaron to Erinsborough to see if he could help cheer Tyler up, but never imagined they would find him working as an exotic dancer at The Waterhole.

Aaron Brennan arrives in Ramsay Street
    © Channel 5
    Aaron Brennan arrives in Ramsay Street

Aaron is the male stripper at Sheila's bingo night
    © Channel 5
    Aaron is the stripper at Sheila's bingo night

As Aaron is roped into helping Tyler (Travis Burns) at the garage, a disappointed Mark confides in Sheila about how distant he feels from his brothers, having not been aware of Aaron's career change.

However, Sheila advises that Mark forgets about recreating the past and instead learns about who his brothers are now.

Armed with this advice, Mark goes back to his brothers and is determined they will be a close family again - but will he get his wish?

Aaron entertains the audience
    © Channel 5
    Aaron entertains the audience

Tyler and Mark are shocked
    © Channel 5
    Tyler and Mark are shocked

Meanwhile, as Aaron gets to know his new neighbours, Tyler decides to try and find him a love interest, after his brother admits an interest in meeting someone.

As Aaron is gay, Tyler introduces him to Nate Kinski, but it soon becomes apparent that his match-making skills aren't as good as he'd like to believe.

Despite Tyler's best efforts, Nate and Aaron take an instant dislike to each other due to having completely opposing views on everything.

When they realise they have been set up, both Nate and Aaron crush Tyler's hopes by insisting that they won't be getting together anytime soon. Has Tyler's plan backfired?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, June 30, Wednesday, July 1 and Thursday, July 2 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Neighbours introduces a new regular character in memorable fashion next week as Mark and Tyler Brennan's brother Aaron arrives in Erinsborough.

Mark contacts Aaron and invites him to pay a visit in the hope that he can help to cheer Tyler up, but he gets much more than he bargained for when Aaron turns up as a male stripper at a racy bingo night hosted by Sheila Canning at The Waterhole!

Digital Spy recently chatted to actor and model Matt Wilson, who plays Aaron, to hear all the gossip on his early days on screen.

After a couple of months filming, do you feel as though you've settled in?
    "Yeah, it's great! I actually went out this week as my birthday's coming up soon and a heap of the cast came out to celebrate with me. They've really made me feel at home. When I first moved down here to Melbourne, I wasn't expecting to be welcomed so well - but everyone is so friendly. It's fantastic.

"I get along well with my on-screen brothers in particular. We get a lot of scenes together but even off air we get on like a house on fire. But all of the guys on the show are great."

How did the role come about?
    "The process drew out for a long time. It started off with your normal casting process, where you're given a scene, you have to perform it and send it into the producers. Because I was interstate, a lot of it was done online via email.

"I then had to fly interstate to do more auditions and interviews. It just went on for months and months and months! (Laughs.) I was in a limbo where I might have been quitting my job and moving interstate to change career completely or I might not have been.

"It was quite an exciting time, but then one day they sent through the email and said, 'Congratulations, you've got it!'"

What can we expect from Aaron Brennan?
    "Well, Aaron definitely doesn't enter the show in a boring way! He arrives in Erinsborough with an absolute bang, which people might know already if they've read about it or seen the photos!

"Aaron's an infectious person. He's really happy, he's an optimist, he's got a lot of energy and there's a really good vibe which comes off him. He's received well by absolutely everyone."

You were definitely thrown in at the deep end with your first scene! How did you feel about that?
    "There are two sides to that. The first one was, 'Wow, I'm about to dance when I don't have any dancing background or training!' It was my first day on a new job with new colleagues and people that I didn't know. I had to do this dance that I was 80% sure I could do but not 100%, so that was one side of the coin!

"But the other side of it was that I knew this could not be a better way to enter a show. Some people arrive on Neighbours in a taxi on the Street, but Aaron comes in with an absolute bang so I was quite honoured to be playing him."

Does Aaron get along with both of his brothers equally, or is there one he's closer to?
    "Aaron gets along with them both as much as each other. He is quite a loving and forgiving person, so not many people can do wrong by him. As you know, Mark is the obsessive compulsive guy who's really responsible and all about financial security. On the other hand, Tyler doesn't really have a moral compass - he'll just go for something if it sounds like a good idea and he doesn't care what the consequences are!

"Aaron also likes to live in the here and now. He's a bit of an opportunist, so if something sounds fun, he'll say yes - but he won't go and break the law like Tyler will. Aaron is quite sensible and quite intelligent in that respect. He's got responsibilities and he knows how to handle them, but he does take up opportunities like Tyler. I'd say he's just a little bit closer to Tyler than he is Mark."

We know Aaron is gay and that Tyler tries to set him up with Nate pretty much straight away! Is that a good idea?
    "Tyler has a different motive as to why he needs to set them up. He's not just playing cupid, he's got something else that he needs to sort out! Tyler doesn't put much thought into it!

"Although Aaron is quite an infectious person and everyone receives him really well, for some unbeknown reason Nate just gives him the cold shoulder. Aaron doesn't really know how to handle that. The scene where Tyler tries to set us up is hilarious - it's an absolute car crash of a scene!"

Who does Aaron make friends with on the Street?
    "There's some really good stuff coming up with Josh Willis actually. Aaron and Josh find something in common which is quite unlikely and you definitely wouldn't expect it. There's some really good fun to come from that and they become good mates. What's coming up with Aaron and Josh is actually one of my favourite storylines, so I cannot wait until I can talk more about it!"

As a model you were obviously in shape anyway, but is there any pressure to stay that way with so many stripping scenes?
    "I think there's not much pressure because that's just how I live anyway, but at the same time you certainly want to stay in shape and you want to look your best, because whatever you do on Neighbours will be seen by millions of people and you've got one chance to make a good impression.

"I just keep living the same life I always have been so there's not much pressure, really!"

You've already hit the screens in Australia, so have you had a warm welcome from the fans over there?
    "Yeah it's great - really good. I didn't know what to expect, but across social media and reactions from friends and family too, it's just been such a positive response. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy!"

You've had more attention than most newbies with the recent promos and photoshoots - have you enjoyed that?
    "I think it's been good fun - I absolutely love it. Like I said earlier, there's no better way to enter a show than Aaron does on screen, so there has been a lot of attention because of that. Male revue dancers seem to be hot stuff at the moment - you've got Magic Mike coming out and now you've got Aaron on Neighbours. I'm absolutely honoured to be playing this role."

Is it true that we might see more Brennans further on down the line?
    "There are more storylines coming up around the Brennan family. There's a lot of stuff around the brothers getting to know each other again, but then there are more Brennans coming to Erinsborough. That was also one of my favourite storylines, so I can't wait to explain what that is when I'm allowed to!"

How do you feel about people comparing the Brennans to the Braxtons in Home and Away?
    "I can see the comparison there because you've got three guys around the same age who happen to have their shirts off a lot, which the Braxtons did too!

"But I think the comparisons really stop there because Neighbours has always been about families in Erinsborough. There's always been new characters introduced who are part of those families - whether it's cousins, sisters or brothers. There just so happened to be three brothers in this case."

You've been very successful with your modelling, but has acting always been an ambition of yours too?
    "Yeah, acting has been a real passion of mine. For a while it was kind of like a hobby, so I would always jump on board if anyone was ever advertising for someone to be in a short film, a feature film or even anybody to just help behind the cameras.

"It's been something that I've absolutely loved doing, but I never thought about doing it as a career until this opportunity came up. I applied and I got the job and here we are!"

With acting and modelling under your belt, would you ever consider choosing one over the other?
    "I think I could possibly do both at the same time, but there are no limitations to how much effort you can put into acting. You can always learn and evolve. Even some of the oldest and most experienced actors in the world will tell you that they're still learning, so I would love to continue putting 110% of my focus onto acting and see where it takes me."

Is it true that we might see more Brennans further on down the line?
    "There are more storylines coming up around the Brennan family. There's a lot of stuff around the brothers getting to know each other again, but then there are more Brennans coming to Erinsborough. That was also one of my favourite storylines, so I can't wait to explain what that is when I'm allowed to!"
    New issue of Soap Extra confirms that Tyler was abused by his dad. So ths is probably why his dad arrives.

Not sure if the mum will be arriving as well.

Abused? I wonder if that means verbally or physically.

Quote Originally Posted by melindakw1969 View Post
    Tyler's dad used to hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by melindakw1969 View Post
    Tyler's dad used to hit him.

he would a better love interest for josh, turn him gay

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Summer8 (13-08-2015)

Meanwhile, Nate Kinski will come to Aaron Brennan's rescue after a night out with Josh Willis takes a nasty turn.

Aaron (Matt Wilson) will run into trouble after taking his friend Josh out for a night on the town, in a bid to help him get over his former girlfriend Amber Turner.

Aaron thinks the best way for Josh to move on is to find him a new love interest, but he makes a big mistake when he introduces him to a girl that isn't single.

Although Aaron is feeling confident in his match-making skills, Josh is left in an awkward situation when the girl's boyfriend Evan turns up. Evan and Aaron quickly get into a heated argument, but Josh manages to defuse the situation by apologising for his unknown error.

However, as Aaron heads home later that night, a still furious Evan approaches him and throws a drink into his face, before preparing to attack him.

When Nate appears just in time, he manages to stop Evan in his tracks and send him packing. By the time Aaron has regained his bearings, his rescuer has disappeared and he has no idea that it was actually Nate who came to his rescue....

As Aaron heads home, he is confronted by Evan in the road
    © Channel 5
    As Aaron heads home, he is confronted by Evan

Evan hurls a drink in Aarons face, then attacks him
    © Channel 5
    Evan hurls a drink in Aarons face then attacks him

As Evan pounces on Aaron, a guardian angel appears and sends Evan on his way
    © Channel 5
    Aaron is saved by a guardian angel

Aaron doesn't get a chance to identify his mysterious rescuer
    © Channel 5
    Aaron doesn't get a chance to identify his saviour

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, September 9 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz3kArDZ1Co

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-09-2015), Ruffed_lemur (29-08-2015)

Thread Information