Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russell Brennan

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondHeart View Post
    I think Mark's attitude to Tyler has been valid.. and he doesn't need to reassess it. Tyler was untrustworthy. Things have improved but I wouldn't compare being hard with hands on violence. That being said I would expect Mark to stand by his brother.
    Obviously Mark wouldn't get violent with Tyler, but I think his attitude towards his brother compares with their father's. Mark seems to me to be carrying on the family tradition of treating Tyler as if he's not good enough. It was obvious from Tyler's first episode that he was desperate not to disappoint Mark, and this led him directly into getting involved with Dimato. Cause and effect.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Mark, but he's always been a perfectionist and that means that others often fail to live up to impossibly high standards. I like the fact that Mark is a layered character and not one-dimensional, as is Tyler because he's a nice guy who's made some very bad decisions rather than being a bad boy.

Welcome to Soapboards btw DiamondHeart!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

badirene (26-08-2015), Summer8 (27-08-2015)

Russell's true colours
    His explosive temper is revealed for all to see.

Everyone comes to Erinsborough hiding a dark past. The time has come for Russell's to be revealed.

When Tyler (Travis Burns) and Ben (Felix Mallard) find themselves bored, they decide to kill time working on a dirt bike.

When Tyler's dad Russell (Russell Kiefel) elbows in on their plans, the boys reluctantly include him.

Tyler remains worried about Russell's capacity to lose his temper.

"Ever since what happened to Tyler in the past, he's hesitant," Travis, 24, explains.

"No-one else knows what happened to him in his teen years, though."

After just a few minutes, Tyler is pleasantly surprised to see Russell have the time of his life. Relishing the moment, Tyler and Russell decide to team up and play a practical joke on Ben.

When the prank goes off without a hitch, Tyler and Russell bond over the joke.

The laughs stop when Ben attempts to get them both back. Russell explodes and physically threatens both boys, forcing Karl (Alan Fletcher) to step in.

A panicked Tyler flashes back to his teens as history seems to be repeating.

"When Tyler's alone with his dad, he fears the worst - that anything could go wrong at any second," Travis says.

Credit: Soap Extra 20th August 2015

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gillyH1981 For This Useful Post:

binky321 (30-08-2015), Summer8 (27-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Obviously Mark wouldn't get violent with Tyler, but I think his attitude towards his brother compares with their father's. Mark seems to me to be carrying on the family tradition of treating Tyler as if he's not good enough. It was obvious from Tyler's first episode that he was desperate not to disappoint Mark, and this led him directly into getting involved with Dimato. Cause and effect.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Mark, but he's always been a perfectionist and that means that others often fail to live up to impossibly high standards. I like the fact that Mark is a layered character and not one-dimensional, as is Tyler because he's a nice guy who's made some very bad decisions rather than being a bad boy.

Thank you for the welcome, Dazzle.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondHeart For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-08-2015)

Thank you for the welcome, Dazzle.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondHeart For This Useful Post:

Summer8 (01-09-2015)

Neighbours' Russell Brennan will leave Ramsay Street under a cloud later this month after his abusive past is revealed.

Russell's dark secret is finally exposed by Tyler, who reaches breaking point as the family prepare to buy Fitzgerald Motors together.

Although Russell (Russell Kiefel) is excited about the new business, Tyler's unhappiness over the situation threatens to ruin his father's dream of working with his boys.

When Russell confronts him, Tyler demands an apology from Russell but when none is forthcoming, Tyler finally cracks and knocks Russell to the ground with a punch.

Russell says goodbye to Sheila
    © Channel 5
    Russell says goodbye to Sheila

When Mark reacts to this, Tyler finally reveals his father's past violence towards him. Mark is initially disbelieving but after talking with Aaron, he later realises that it could be true.

Later, Mark and Aaron confront Russell together but they are stunned when he doesn't deny the accusations, prompting Mark to realise just how badly he has let his brother down.

As the reveal reverberates through the Brennan clan, Russ finally apologises to Tyler but it is apparent that he doesn't seem to understand the implications of what he's done.

After receiving some frank words from Sheila, Russell realises the true damage of his actions but his heartfelt apology is too little too late and Mark and Aaron support Tyler as they send Russ back to Port Lincoln. What does the future hold now for Sheila and the Brennan brothers?

As the sons rally around Tyler, Russell heads back to Port Lincoln
    © Channel 5
    Russell leaves Ramsay Street

Sheila is devastated to see Russell go
    © Channel 5

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, September 22 and Wednesday, September 23 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz3lUjxPOpQ

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-09-2015), ILTPandN (13-09-2015), Ruffed_lemur (12-09-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I understand it's a complex situation because Sheila's fallen for Russell, and it does sounds like she has a massive go at him, but I really would have thought she'd be glad to see the back of him after discovering the truth...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

ILTPandN (13-09-2015)

Unhappy

I understand it's a complex situation because Sheila's fallen for Russell, and it does sounds like she has a massive go at him, but I really would have thought she'd be glad to see the back of him after discovering the truth...
    I'm really looking forward to these episodes! So glad the truth is finally coming out about Russell....and Tyler confronting his father - and punching him!....and Mark and Aaron being supportive to Tyler.

Poor Sheila I agree you'd think she'd be glad to see him leave once she knows what he did to Tyler. I guess she's just devastated because fell for someone she thought was a really nice guy - but who turned out to have a history of violence.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ILTPandN For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-09-2015)

Former Neighbours star Russell Kiefel died over the weekend after being taken ill during a theatre performance.

The actor played Russell - the abusive father of the Brennan brothers - for a brief stint in the soap last year. He passed away last night after becoming unwell while performing in the play And I'm the Queen of Sheba at Brown's Mart Theatre in Australia.

The theatre has cancelled the rest of the season out of respect for Kiefel, with executive director Sean Pardy calling it a tragic and emotional time for the actor's family and everyone involved in the production.

Kiefel's co-stars - both old and new - have all rallied round to pay tribute to him, with Neighbours actress Colette Mann leading the way with an emotional Instagram post.

Colette, who plays Sheila Canning in the Aussie soap, said: "I am very very sad to say that the wonderful actor, Russell Kiefel who played Russell Brennan in 2015 on @neighbours passed away yesterday.

"All our prayers and thoughts are with his wife Katrina and his beloved boys #gonetoosoon #russellbrennan#vale"

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter
    Follow
    Travis Burns ✔ @mrtravisburns
    So sad to hear the passing of Russell Kiefel today. It was an absolute honour to work with you. Rest in peace.
    9:45 AM - 21 Nov 2016
    22 22 Retweets 112 112 likes
    Travis Burns, who plays Tyler, added: "So sad to hear the passing of Russell Kiefel today. It was an absolute honour to work with you. Rest in peace."

Several others also took to social media to express their sadness:

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter
    Follow
    Alana Wulff @laniwulff
    Very sad to hear Russell Kiefel has passed. I interviewed him for @TVWEEKmag when he as on @neighbours ❤️ TALENT!
    8:25 AM - 21 Nov 2016
    Retweets likes
    Follow
    Daisy H @officialdaisyh
    Oh, Russell Kiefel. My heart is broken, but there's a bright light shining somewhere else tonight.
    8:28 AM - 21 Nov 2016
    Retweets likes
    Follow
    Belvoir @BelvoirSt
    We are deeply saddened by the recent passing of actor and dear friend Russell Kiefel http://ow.ly/6KTm306myLo

Digital Spy

RIP Russell

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-11-2016), indigodance (21-11-2016), Pantherboy (21-11-2016)

Very sad news.

It would have been nice to see him back for Sheila's love life - very sad

Thread Information