Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hollyoaks Later Series 5

Exclamation Hollyoaks Later Series 5

Hollyoaks bosses have officially announced the return of the soap's late night spinoff show Hollyoaks Later.

Channel 4 has commissioned a fifth series of the post-watershed drama, which will air on E4 in the autumn.

As with previous years, Hollyoaks Later will air as five hour-long episodes, transmitting on consecutive nights across one week in a 10pm timeslot.

Fan favourite Brendan Brady, played by Emmett Scanlan, will be among the characters taking centre stage this year.

Jane Steventon has joined Lime Pictures to work as the producer of Hollyoaks Later, while the series will be executive produced by the main show's bosses Emma Smithwick and Tony Wood.

Smithwick commented: "I am so excited for Hollyoaks Later this year. We have been planning the stories for a while, and so the late nights will give the characters a whole new playing field in terms of how we tell their tales.

"Expect a lot of humour and heartbreak for some of the sixth form boys, a good dose of Brady related darkness and a wild excursion for Mitzeee."

Marianne Buckland, commissioning editor for Channel 4, added: "This series of Hollyoaks Later represents the next turn of the wheel for the brand and promises a glossier, more grown-up feel.

"By their very nature, the lateness of Laters allows us to be that little bit more risky and with Brendan Brady at the helm - a character so suited to a post-watershed stint - this year is more dark and dangerous than ever."

The recommission follows the success of last year's series, which featured the McQueens' trip to Ibiza, Riley Costello's stag celebrations and Rae Wilson's death at the hands of serial killer Silas Blissett.

Hollyoaks Later is currently in pre-production and filming will begin in the summer.

Neil Newbon has proclaimed that the new series of Hollyoaks Later will shock viewers.

The Simon Walker actor teased the return of the E4 spinoff, which will air as five hour-long episodes transmitted on consecutive nights across one week.

Newbon told Inside Soap: "It's absolute dynamite. It's going to be unlike anything you've ever seen before in the show."

Producer Emma Smithwick revealed in May that fan favourite Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan), will play a major part this year, meaning Simon - Brendan's right-hand man - will probably also take centre stage.

Meanwhile, Newbon declared that he holds brotherly affection for his criminal Hollyoaks character.

"As an actor, you have to love your character, even though they're not real," he added. "So in a strange way, I love Walker like a brother!

"He does the things he needs to in order to get what he wants. Whether he's good or bad is up to the viewers to judge, not me."

Hollyoaks bosses have announced that rapper Lethal Bizzle will feature in the soap's E4 spinoff Hollyoaks Later.

The musician will be performing on the late night show's upcoming fifth series, which airs in the autumn.

On Tuesday, July 31, Lethal will perform a special VIP gig in Liverpool which is to be filmed for the programme.

Hollyoaks fans are also being invited to watch his performance and feature in the series themselves.

Show chiefs have confirmed that the filming will feature Hollyoaks sixth formers Jono (Dylan Llewellyn), Neil (Tosin Cole) and Bart (Jonny Clarke).

Lethal Bizzle's appearance comes after hip-hop star Wretch 32 and singer-songwriter Maverick Sabre both recently featured in the main 6.30pm show.

Hollyoaks Later was officially recommissioned for another series in May. As well as the sixth form boys, this year's series will feature Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan), Walker (Neil Newbon) and Mitzeee (Rachel Shenton).

Full details of how to apply for tickets to the Lethal Bizzle gig can be found on the Hollyoaks website.

Hollyoaks bosses have announced that rapper Lethal Bizzle will feature in the soap's E4 spinoff Hollyoaks Later.

The musician will be performing on the late night show's upcoming fifth series, which airs in the autumn.

On Tuesday, July 31, Lethal will perform a special VIP gig in Liverpool which is to be filmed for the programme.

Hollyoaks fans are also being invited to watch his performance and feature in the series themselves.

Show chiefs have confirmed that the filming will feature Hollyoaks sixth formers Jono (Dylan Llewellyn), Neil (Tosin Cole) and Bart (Jonny Clarke).

Lethal Bizzle's appearance comes after hip-hop star Wretch 32 and singer-songwriter Maverick Sabre both recently featured in the main 6.30pm show.

Hollyoaks Later was officially recommissioned for another series in May. As well as the sixth form boys, this year's series will feature Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan), Walker (Neil Newbon) and Mitzeee (Rachel Shenton).

Full details of how to apply for tickets to the Lethal Bizzle gig can be found on the Hollyoaks website.

Jorgie Porter (Theresa McQueen) will reportedly have a big part in the upcoming series of Hollyoaks Later, which airs this autumn.

"It gets seriously rude," she said of the new episodes.

"It's like rude rude. The kind of stuff that you might see and it might be awkward if you ever see me again."

The airdate for the launch of Hollyoaks Later's fifth series has been confirmed.

The first episode will premiere on E4 on Monday, September 17.

The programme will then air nightly on E4 at 10pm for five episodes from September 17 to September 21, with each edition running for an hour.

Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan) will play a starring role in the series, which takes advantage of the post-watershed slot to produce a darker, more risqué programme.

Commissioning editor for Channel 4 Marianne Buckland said: "This series of Hollyoaks Later represents the next turn of the wheel for the brand and promises a glossier, more grown-up feel.

"By their very nature, the lateness of Laters allows us to be that little bit more risky and with Brendan Brady at the helm - a character so suited to a post-watershed stint - this year is more dark and dangerous than ever."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (06-09-2012), tammyy2j (06-09-2012)

Rumours are Brendan or his son are being killed off

Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter has said that she'd be embarrassed if anyone she knew saw scenes from late-night spinoff show Hollyoaks Later.

The actress, who plays Theresa McQueen in the soap, told Radio 1 that the upcoming series of the show is the raunchiest yet.

"What can I say? [The show's] probably the most extreme it's ever been right now," she said. "There's loads of things happening.

"[There's lots of] stunts. Did you know the actual camera [we used to film Hollyoaks Later] has been used in James Bond? It's like a film, the late-nights."

Porter admitted that she wouldn't want her friends or family to see some of the situations her character gets into with on-screen boyfriend Andrew Still (who plays Joel Dexter).

"I'm embarrassed about one scene [where I'm wearing just] a thong," she said.

"There was a closed set, because it'd be chilly if the door was open! You know, I've never done that before in front of so many people. Probably if I watch it, or if I see anyone who watched it, I'll be like, 'Oh that wasn't me, don't show my grandma!' [Though] I've got naked for no reason if no-one watches."

Hollyoaks Later returns to E4 on Monday, September 17 at 10pm.

Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter has admitted that she is "nervous" about how fans may react to her character's actions in Hollyoaks Later this year.

The upcoming E4 spinoff will show more of Theresa McQueen's bad girl side, as she gets caught up in the dramas surrounding her troubled boyfriend Joel Dexter.

Although she did not reveal firm storyline details, Porter told Celebs on Sunday of the scenes: "No-one told me it was going to happen. The first I heard of it was when I was reading it in the script and I thought, 'Oh my goodness, that's so out of character!' It was quite hard to deal with such a sudden change.

"I thought, 'Oh no, everyone's going to hate her now. How am I going to be a badass and still be loved?'"

She continued: "Theresa shot Calvin and amazingly people still loved her, but I am nervous about what's going to happen now. I get a lot of feedback on Twitter. At the moment it's things like, 'Oh, you shouldn't do that' and I'm like, 'Well, I don't write it'."

Porter also spoke further about filming her Hollyoaks Later sex scene with co-star Andrew Still, who plays the role of Joel.

She said: "I've got nipple stickers and a thong on - but my boobies were out, which is not something I'm used to. I've done lads' mags before, but this is completely different, because it's actually simulating sex with a guy on screen. At one point I was like, 'My nipple stickers are sliding off!' because we got so sweaty."

Asked what Still wore to protect his modesty, Porter replied: "A sock with a bobble round it. It can't be comfortable, but I was like, 'Why aren't you getting excited?!' I was a bit offended."

Hollyoaks Later returns to E4 on Monday, September 17 at 10pm.

Cool Hollyoaks Later Spoilers 17th - 21st September 2012

Episode One: Monday, September 17
    Hollyoaks Later kick-starts with an action-packed first five minutes setting up each strand. Brendan spots some guy laying into Joel, Mitzeee is seen running through the forest handcuffed to prison cellmate Lauren, Cheryl gets news from Nana Flo that she's dying, while Jono, Bart and Neil head to Amsterdam for the ultimate lads' trip.

Brendan is quick to step in and humiliate the guy who punched Joel, especially when he realises it is Joel's stepfather Mick. Deciding that Joel needs revenge to get his manhood back, Brendan ties Mick up in the back of his car, before declaring that he and Joel are going to take a little road trip...

Meanwhile, Mitzeee is frantic and panicky following the escape from prison. Things get worse as Lauren becomes threatening - hell-bent on getting revenge on her ex-boyfriend.

In Amsterdam, the sixth formers are hoping that Jono will be able to find his new love Lola. Jono is thrilled when he tracks her down, but will the meeting be everything he expected?

Writer: Heather Robson
    Director: Alex Kalymnios

Episode Two: Tuesday, September 18
    Brendan furiously drives with a beaten Joel in the front, searching the streets of Southport for Joel's dangerous stepdad Mick.

At the same time, Mick has Joel's phone and when Theresa texts, he finds out where she is and 'randomly' bumps into her, Cheryl and Nana Flo. Mick sends a picture of himself with the ladies to Brendan, so he and Joel know the ladies are in danger. What will they do when they get their hands on Mick?

Elsewhere, Mitzeee wills herself to slit Lauren's throat while she sleeps, but she can't do it. Lauren opens her eyes and looks suspiciously at Mitzeee...

In Amsterdam, Lola and Bart are getting curiously closer as he appears to be falling for Jono's French girlfriend. Meanwhile, Neil has a bizarre encounter with hip-hop star Lethal Bizzle.

Writers: Heather Robson and Neil Jones

Episode Three: Wednesday, September 19
    Joel has locked himself in the bathroom, completely freaked out and unable to cope with recent events. It seems Brendan is the only one to get through to him.

Outside, Walker hears a noise from the boot - could Mick still be alive? And what will double-crossing Walker do?

Meanwhile, the fun in Amsterdam continues as Jono, Bart and Lola spend the day together, but as the day goes on, Bart can't help his feelings for Lola and she isn't helping matters. As they play dare games around the city, Bart ends up getting stupidly stoned on a space cake and so they head back to Lola's. She sends Jono out for pizza, but as he makes to leave he turns back to find his best friend and his new girlfriend snogging!

Elsewhere, Nancy is dragged by Lauren and Mitzeee through to Cheryl's flat, where she is staying for some R and R while Cheryl is away! Lauren is threatening - they need a getaway driver and as Mitzeee's friend, Nancy is the perfect person…

Writer: Neil Jones
    Director: Darcia Martin

Episode Four: Thursday, September 20
    Panic all round as the police show up at the motel. Brendan is calmer than usual considering there's a body in the boot, while Joel is panicked and Theresa convinces him to make a run for it.

In Amsterdam, Jono is on a mission of self-destruct after Bart and Lola's deceit. Bart is blissfully happy with Lola, but is ignoring the fact he has Sinead back home.

Meanwhile, Neil has yet another wild day when he gets roped into a glamour model world record event and gets himself VIP tickets to Lethal Bizzle's gig.

Elsewhere, on the run, Mitzeee, Lauren and Nancy arrive at the army barracks to try and reunite Lauren and Raymond. Nancy successfully pretends to be Raymond's sister to get him out to Lauren. The pair get passionate, which obviously is not what Mitzeee wants while handcuffed to her fellow prisoner!

Writer: Mark Brotherhood

Episode Five: Friday, September 21
    Brendan finally finds Cheryl in hospital with Nana Flo. She's distraught and frightened of her brother after what she witnessed. Brendan tries to talk to her, but before they know it, Nana Flo has woken and is demanding they bust her out of there.

When they all get to the holiday home on the beach, it's clear that the place doesn't hold good memories for Brendan as he heads upstairs. Angry, Brendan kicks ten bells out of a gas fireplace in the house, not noticing the gas pipe giving and releasing gas quietly.

Brendan uncovers Walker's motives just as the house where Brendan is standing blows to smithereens sending Brendan, Cheryl and Walker flying. Cheryl wakes, but unable to move she just sees a pool of blood forming around Brendan's head. Is he dead?

Meanwhile, Lauren, Nancy and Mitzeee stage a situation to get Mitzeee alone with Riley - only things go wrong when Mercy spots Mitzeee going into the flat. Riley and Mitzeee only get a few moments alone which includes a kiss, but as Mercy turns up, a hostage situation arises when Lauren holds them all up in the flat until Mercy comes clean. Mitzeee can't handle the lies and decides to take a knife to Mercy's throat until she spills... Will she stab her for real this time?

Elsewhere, in Amsterdam, Bart gets stoned and ends up in a dangerous position in the bath. Jono returns to Lola's to check Bart is okay and spots his friend submerged under the water. Panicking, he jumps to try and save him, but is he too late?

Writer: Bede Blake
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (11-09-2012)

Thread Information