https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...turn-response/

Coronation Street actor Sean Wilson has stated that he is open to returning to the ITV soap as Martin Platt in the near future.

The actor played Gail Rodwell's second husband between 1985 and 2005, with a brief return in 2018. He has since successfully moved into the food industry, becoming a chef, releasing a cookbook, presenting a cookery show, and starting a cheese business that has seen products feature in supermarkets.

But he's still up for coming back to the cobbles.

Speaking to the Manchester Evening News, he half-jokingly said: "I made it clear that I could be turned but now it's 2023 and nothing has happened.

"The writers decided to send me to New Zealand, so maybe they're trying to tell me something. I am busy writing books, but of course I would give it some thought."

He explained that through working on Corrie, he met chefs who introduced him to the long history of cheese, which started his love affair with it and led him down the path of becoming a chef and cheesemonger.

Back in 2018, Wilson explained that he originally left the soap due to "a juxtapose of editorial thoughts at the time" but was pleasantly surprised when he made his return.

"I thought the scripts were ace, which I was pleasantly surprised with because Martin's not been there for 12 years," he said at the time. "I thought it might just take the writers a while to get to know the character again, but clearly not. There's a real positiveness about the place and there's been a real warmth from me.

"I couldn't have asked for a better way to come back, so I'm really pleased. I questioned myself before I walked into the building, but I've been really pleased with the way it's all turned around."

Could he actually return again?

I would like to see him back to support David with Max, especially as Shona is now gone for a while.