Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home and Away (Aus) Spoilers 2020

I imagine most of you in the UK will already know what is happening with the UK soaps (& the Aussie soaps), but I found this Radiotimes.com article for those interested:

When are all your favourite soaps airing?
    Most soaps have had to make some major changes after the coronavirus pandemic gripped the UK

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/soap...e-coronavirus/

As you may have noticed, there’s a global pandemic on right now and that has meant some changes being made to soaps, both here and overseas.

Many, if not most, have now shut-down filming due to concerns over the virus and as a result, what we see on the screen will be affected – largely in terms of how many episodes we’ll get to see each week for the foreseeable future.

There’s also the fact that timelines will be off for a while, Easter, for example, will take place later due to the schedules being out of whack.

We take a look at the main ones watched here in the UK and give you a handy guide to what changes have been made to them...………………….

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (24-03-2020)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours and Home and Away cut to two episodes per week on Channel 5
    The soaps have been cut down due to coronavirus.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...5-coronavirus/

Neighbours and Home and Away are both set to cut back their number of weekly episodes on Channel 5 due to the coronavirus.

The broadcaster revealed that episodes will now only air twice a week from next week – on Mondays and Fridays – instead of the usual five.

"As a result of COVID-19, we have taken the decision to reduce the number of episodes for Neighbours and Home and Away from five to two per week for both soaps, so that our viewers can continue to enjoy them for as long as possible," the broadcaster said.

"Both programmes will air on Monday and Fridays, effective from Monday 30th March."

Neighbours recently halted filming in Australia due to the pandemic, though resumed production earlier this week "with very strict protocols in place".

However, Home and Away has been temporarily taken off air by Channel 7 in Australia, which itself followed a pause in production.

"We will be back," the show said on Instagram. "We are in this together and we will get through this together. Stay safe and healthy. Love from all at Home and Away."

The show previously said that halting production was due to "increasing logistical hurdles related to the COVID-19 situation".

Neighbours currently airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia). Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK).

Nowtolove.com.au article. Home And Away now has an official return date in Australia of Monday April 13th. The episodes mentioned in the (Aust) spoilers for March 23rd - 26th, which haven't gone to air as yet, will no doubt now be shown in that week ie April 13th - 16th. So I imagine that means we won't be seeing any new spoilers posted ie for April 20th - 23rd, until then (assuming that it does return on April 13th as planned!). I hope that is not too confusing.

Home And Away has an official return date after being replaced with COVID-19 coverage
    Happy news alert! We're heading back to the Bay.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...onavirus-63274

Good news is what we need right now, and thankfully Home And Away has delivered.

After the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic saw the show pulled from Channel Seven so it could use the peak time slot to cover the outbreak, it has today announced it will be returning – and soon.

Star of the soap Lynne McGranger, who plays Irene, took to Instagram to confirm the return date.

"Hope you're keeping well and busy and staying at home and staying safe. I just wanted to let you know, I have it on good authority that Home and Away will be back on air on Monday, April 13th. I'm excited, I hope you are too," Lynne said in the Instagram video, which was posted on Home and Away's official account.

"Home and Away returns to your screens on Monday, 13th April," the accompanying post explained.

It will resume its usual scheduling running Monday to Thursday nights on Seven.

The program was originally pulled, upsetting fans, to be replaced by special coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.

"Home And Away will be off air from tonight while 7NEWS keeps the nation informed with The Latest, nightly at 7pm," a statement on their Instagram page read.

Production of the show was also stopped, and remains so until it is deemed safe to do so amid the pandemic.

The spokesperson confirmed that no cast or crew had tested positive to COVID-19, however the decision was made as "logistical hurdles" increased.

Just days before, the cast shared photos rehearsing via video call, practicing self-isolation and social distancing.

Emily Symons, who plays Marilyn on the show, shared a screen grab of a seven-way video call with some of her crew and cast members, including Lukas Radovich, Georgie Parker and Cameron Daddo.

While Penny McNamee, who plays Tori shared a photo of herself on a video call with fellow cast Sam Frost, Lynne McGranger, Ada Nicodemou and James Stewart.

With production remaining at a standstill fans have speculated how far in advance the show is filmed, and just how many episodes are in reserve before an issue would arise.

Online speculation suggests six months, while other devout Home and Away fans believe it is just 15 weeks.

Now To Love have reached out Channel Seven for comment but are yet to receive a response.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (31-03-2020)

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Sam Frost hints Home and Away's highly-anticipated return might not be what fans expect
    The Aussie soap has suspended filming amid the Coronavirus pandemic, so what does its future hold?

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...y-return-63457

In these unpredictable times, our televisions have proved to be quite the constant companion.

From Netflix marathons to real time news updates, the medium has never been more relied upon.

It also brings another addition that just so happens to align perfectly with our couch-heavy iso life - soaps.

Of course, you'd be hard pressed not to think first of Home and Away, an iconic Aussie show that we've grown well accustomed to switching on each weeknight.

But extraordinary times have called for extraordinary measures, with the show having to take a back seat for a short stint as Seven dedicated its coveted time slot to a coronavirus informational segment.

Much to fans relief, news that the show was set to return to Aussie screens this week has heightened our anticipation for our regular nightly Summer Bay instalments more than ever.

Only, things might look a little different for a while, according to a key member of the show's cast.

Sam Frost, who plays the role of Jasmine, revealed in a candid chat with Nova's Fitzy & Wippa this morning that while filming itself has been suspended, fans might have to brace for a slight dip in Home & Away content.

Speaking to the hosts, Frost admitted that the events of 2020 have had more of an affect on the show than fans might have anticipated.

"They want to come back as soon as possible but I don't know how many completed episodes we have," she said.

"We were pretty far behind with the bushfires and there was a couple of cast that were out with family issues."

She admitted that the show could be so far behind, in fact, that she "wouldn't be surprised (and I don't know this), if we have to maybe do to a couple eps a week or so. I don't know what they're going to do!"

The idea of seeing less than the usual four to five episodes of Home and Away each week isn't exactly the news we were hoping for, but given the current climate we'll be happy with anything.

As for the cast themselves, the creative Summer Bay bunch have been keeping busy in their own home bubbles.

Last week, Frost celebrated her 31st birthday, and despite being in isolation, she still felt plenty of love.

Sharing a picture of some giant birthday balloons from inside her house, the birthday girl wrote: "Thank you for all the beautiful birthday messages on Saturday. I haven't got back to everyone yet, but I am extremely grateful ❤️ my heart feels so full!"

Meanwhile actress Ada Nicodemou was is also keeping herself entertained with her son, who is currently home schooling.

Clearly looking for something to do while diligent Johnas worked away, the actress shared a selfie and wrote, "Mum is taking selfie's while Johnas is concentrating 😃👍🏽 #homeschooling #stayhome."

Here's hoping it won't be too long before the show gets back into filming!

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours and Home and Away to increase weekly episodes on Channel 5
    More episodes are coming your way!

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...sed-channel-5/

Neighbours and Home and Away fans listen up, because Channel 5's weekly amount of episodes of both soaps is being increased.

The coronavirus pandemic has caused an unprecedented shift in the production of television shows and films, but it's looking like some pockets of the industry are making big decisions to return to some sort of normality.

These are small steps to begin with, but it's a nice bit of positive news in an environment filled with negativity.

In a statement, a Channel 5 spokesperson confirmed that weekly episodes will be upped from two to three from the end of the month.

"We have taken the decision to increase the number of episodes for Neighbours and Home and Away from two to three per week for both soaps," the statement said.

"Both programmes will continue to air on Monday and Fridays, with the additional episode airing on Wednesday – effective from Wednesday 29th April."

Will the likes of Coronation Street, EastEnders and Emmerdale follow suit soon?
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 15-04-2020 at 23:50.

Digital Spy article. An update to the previous post with three episodes a week now starting next week:

Neighbours and Home and Away announce another big scheduling change on Channel 5
    An update to yesterday's news.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...des-channel-5/

Neighbours and Home and Away have announced an additional scheduling change on Channel 5.

Yesterday (April 15), it was confirmed that both Australian soaps will see their number of weekly episodes increase from two to three (with the extra episode airing on Wednesdays) starting from the week beginning Monday, April 27 – but there's an update to this announcement.

The scheduling change has actually been brought forward by a week, and fans will be able to enjoy three episodes a week starting next week from April 20. This means that there will be a Wednesday episode on April 22.

Neighbours and Home and Away were cut to two episodes a week late last month as a result of uncertainty with production amid the coronavirus pandemic.

In Australia, Neighbours' schedule on 10 Peach remains unchanged resulting in the UK falling behind for the first time in four years.

Star Takaya Honda, who plays David Tanaka, recently revealed that the show has made plans to prepare "40 to 50" flashback episodes in the event that filming is heavily disrupted to the point where the show runs out of episodes to air.

These episodes would contain a few minutes of new content followed by a series of flashbacks.

Filming on Neighbours was meant to resume this week but has been put on hold. Home and Away stopped filming in late March.

Neighbours and Home and Away air on Channel 5 in the UK.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (17-04-2020)

This is the latest H&A 2020 promo from Ch7:

https://youtu.be/UHW_Xb8CVVc

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours and Home and Away returning to five episodes a week on Channel 5
    They're set to resume their usual slots on May 11.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...des-channel-5/

Neighbours and Home and Away are reverting back to airing five episodes a week on Channel 5.

From Monday, May 11, the soaps will resume their usual Monday to Friday slots, having originally been cut down to just two per week each last month in an effort to keep them on screens for longer after the coronavirus pandemic disrupted production.

A spokesperson explained at the time: "As a result of COVID-19, we have taken the decision to reduce the number of episodes for Neighbours and Home and Away from five to two per week for both soaps, so that our viewers can continue to enjoy them for as long as possible."

Channel 5 then upped episodes of both soaps from two to three earlier this month.

Without the rationing, it was believed that new instalments would run out in mid-June. So it seems safe to assume that once it's being shown at full capacity again, the cap will be a month or so on that.

Fortunately, Neighbours is set to resume filming later this week, but there will still be social distancing rules in place on set, which includes no kissing or holding hands. UK viewers will still be behind on the current storylines, as Channel 5's episodes are a few weeks later than the Australian broadcast.

Home and Away viewers, on the other hand, will seemingly have to wait a little longer before their favourite characters start work on some fresh material.

Just yesterday (April 28), Aussie actor Lynne McGranger informed a fan on Twitter that there have been no concrete plans made in regards to when the cast and crew can safely start shooting again.

"There's talk of June/July but only hearsay," she explained, along with a shrugging emoji.

Neighbours currently airs Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and weekdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

Following on from previous posts on this thread on 31 Oct & 4 Nov last year, dailytelegraph.com.au has now posted this article. Cameron Daddo makes his debut on H&A this week in Aust., as Ryder's Dad (It is a subscriber only article, so I can't include the link):

Cameron Daddo plays mystery dad arrives in Summer Bay
    A familiar face returns to our screens to surprise one of Home and Away’s most popular characters to say ‘I’m your dad!’

CAMERON Daddo was a household name in the early ’90s in Australia, but since returning after more than 25 years in Hollywood, he’s had to introduce himself again to audiences in his beloved home country.

Daddo, 55, who will this week be seen on long-running soap Home And Away, made a name for himself when he replaced Greg Evans as the host of popular dating game Perfect Match in the late 1980s.

He went on to star in a range of local productions and picked up a Logie for his work on the miniseries Golden Fiddles in 1992.

It was that same year that he and wife, model Alison Brahe, packed their bags and joined the growing list of Aussies trying to make their mark in Hollywood. While he never soared to the heights he dreamt of in the US, work was constant and he appeared on shows such as Models Inc, The West Wing and Monk over the decades.

He and Brahe also started their family while living in LA, with daughters Lotus and Bodhi and son River all born while they were there.

In 2016 they made the decision to bring their family back home to Australia (after embarking on a final tour of the States), settling back into Sydney’s northern beaches.

But when Daddo returned, he found that much time had passed and, despite his successes both here and abroad, he virtually had to start from scratch.

“It took a while to have people know that we were here and trust we weren’t going to zip off any second,” he tells Insider. “It took a while for that to happen and for things to build up, it was like starting over again really.”

It was a difficult adjustment to make, but one that Daddo completely understood given the length of time he had been out of the Australian spotlight.

“I’d rather not have to start again but I understand why I needed to because generations have passed since I left,” he says. “We were gone 25 years so there’s a whole lot of people who have no clue who I am.

“And there’s a whole lot of people who remember me, but because I’m 25 years older, I look different. I am different. I’m a 50-year-old man now.”

Despite the hurdles, there is no doubt the decision to put his family on that plane back to Sydney was the right one.

“Without a doubt it was the best move we could have made,” he says. “Just seeing the joy on my parents’ faces, my in-laws, seeing them with the kids and with Ali, and getting to hang out with my brothers and my sister.”

Family is now at the centre of everything for Daddo, who along with his acting has also hosted a nightly show on Smooth FM for more than six years. The demands of a jobbing actor in Hollywood meant he could be filming for long periods of time thousands of miles from his kids. It was something he wasn’t willing to continue doing when he realised what he was missing.

“I spent so much time away from my kids in the early years due to travelling and doing my job,” he says. “It was a constant wrestle, a constant wrestle. I said no to lots of work because I was going to be away from the kids so that’s the constant battle of an actor.”

Daddo is looking forward to heading to Summer Bay. His character plays the singer-songwriting father of one of the show’s popular regulars who wasn’t expecting to ever meet him. A huge bonus for the familiar face was that he got the opporunity to play his own songs on the show. Music is a massive part of Daddo’s life and career and he is planning to release an album shortly.

He says he needed no more convincing than working with the likes of Georgie Parker, Ray Meagher and Emily Symonds. “They’re too good not to, they’re too good to do that and they don’t need to do it. I trust that part of it. If it’s good enough for them, it’s good enough for me.

HOME AND AWAY, CHANNEL 7, WEEKNIGHTS 7PM

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-05-2020)

Nowtolove.com.au article. H&A will resume filming on 25th May:

Back to the Bay! Home And Away will resume filming amid the coronavirus pandemic
    The announcement comes as welcome news to die-hard fans.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...-covid19-63901

It's been on a two-month hiatus following the COVID-19 outbreak but now, long-running soap Home And Away is set to resume filming in two weeks.

However the show will be taking on a new framework and story lines in order to protect the cast and crew from the virus.

"A range of measures will be in place to minimise risk for cast and crew, to be overseen by dedicated safety officers," a Seven spokeswoman told the Daily Telegraph.

"The measures include temperature checks on arrival, increased hygiene practices and rigorous cleaning schedules."

"Scripts will also be reworked to reduce close contact, in constant consultation with the cast and crew to ensure the health and safety of all."

Production of the show will resume on May 25 at Channel Seven's Sydney-based Eveleigh studios, while location shoots at the show's iconic Palm Beach won't be happening for now.

Most recently, Neighbours made history by becoming the first English-speaking show in the world to return to filming during the pandemic, rolling out strict new guidelines to help protect the cast and crew from a clustered outbreak on-set.

Instead of working the corona crisis into the plot, the show plans to isolate the cast and crew into three separate groups, there will never be more than three people in a scene and it will have a strict policy on no hand-holding or kissing scenes.

Home And Away was one of many Australian shows to halt production as a preventative measure during the start of the coronavirus outbreak in March.

Home And Away suspended filming at the end of March.

"Seven Studios advised today that it would halt filming of Home and Away immediately," a spokesperson said at the time.The spokesperson confirmed that no cast or crew had tested positive to COVID-19, however the decision was made as "logistical hurdles" increased.

In further unprecedented changes, the show today announced it would no longer be airing. The beloved soap is instead making way for increased coverage of the coronavirus pandemic, promising to return soon. But, when exactly that will be remains unknown.

"Home And Away will be off air from tonight while 7NEWS keeps the nation informed with The Latest, nightly at 7pm," a post on the official Instagram page confirmed.

Since lockdown, the cast have shared many behind-the-scenes glimpses of their video-based group rehearsals.

Other shows impacted by the pandemic include The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Who Dares Wins.

And the Digital Spy article:

Home and Away reveals when filming will resume after extended break
    It's getting closer each day.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...y-coronavirus/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 12-05-2020 at 05:27.

Thread Information