Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Maria Connor Sutherland (Samia Smith)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    She had a big storyline when she was stalking Ty
    True but that lasted all of 2 weeks then she went on holiday and was magically back to her right frame of mind
    Last edited by 02ablake; 18-11-2016 at 19:36.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 02ablake For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-11-2016), lizann (18-11-2016), tammyy2j (19-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    She had a big storyline when she was stalking Ty
    Tru but that lasted all of 2 weeks then she went on holiday and was magically back to he right frame of mind
    Last edited by 02ablake; 18-11-2016 at 18:27.

I'm glad that at least for today I'm not a lonely voice defending Maria here on Soapboards.

I agree the character deserves some decent screen time and I also liked her very much during the Liam/Tony saga, but unfortunately I find her current storyline virtually unwatchable. Plus I think putting her with the excrutiatingly dull and and wooden Aidan is a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by 02ablake View Post
    Katie Oates said from the beginning that the Caz storyline is one chapter in the long running Maria/Aidan and Eva storyline so that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Maybe you should skip all the Maria scenes then seeing as you don't like character? As you said no matter what her storylines will always be boring for you. As someone who's been a fan of Maria I'm just glad she's finally getting a long running storyline and some screan time. She hasn't had one since the Liam/Tony Saga and that was 7 years ago.
    This storyline revolves around her taking someone else's man again I guess Maria has fans so enjoy her taking centre stage as I would prefer her well off the stage

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (19-11-2016)

Everyone does that in corrie not just her

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

02ablake (19-11-2016), Dazzle (19-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    This storyline revolves around her taking someone else's man again I guess Maria has fans so enjoy her taking centre stage as I would prefer her well off the stage
    Men can't be taken they are not property. This storyline is about her love life as most of the storyline on corrie are. Is it original? No. Am I enjoying it? yes

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 02ablake For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-11-2016), Ruffed_lemur (21-11-2016)

It looks like there will be no eggnog, mistletoe or presents under the tree for Maria Connor (Samia Ghadie) on Coronation Street this Christmas.

As if Maria isn't facing enough trouble being framed for the murder of Caz Hammond (Rhea Bailey), The Sun reports that her sham marriage will soon come back to haunt her as well.

The latest rumours have authorities taking action as Maria only married Argentine friend Pablo to help get him a visa, so he could be reunited with his British boyfriend.

That offence will apparently land Maria behind bars at least through the holidays - although she's likely to be released on good behaviour at some point in the New Year.

This won't be a departure for long-time cast member Samia Ghadie, who is expected to film prison scenes on a semi-regular basis for Coronation Street.

A representative for Corrie declined to confirm or deny these latest rumours when reached by Digital Spy.

Her character Maria is currently facing murder allegations after being framed for the death of Caz, who faked her own death in the ultimate revenge plot by Maria's former lodger and frenemy.

Digital Spy

I thought she is meant to have a new romantic relationship by Christmas? Unless she falls for a prison warden

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-11-2016)

She will be out for a little bit then back again

14. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (24-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Yes she'll be out for a little bit then back in again because she'll be in for a little bit and then back out again....er....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (24-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Out long enough to sleep with Adam

Thread Information