Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lauren Carpenter

Lauren keeping a portrait drawing of Brad wasn't easy for Matt

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-01-2016), lizann (26-01-2016), Summer8 (26-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    The problems in both the Willis and Turner marriages after they came to Ramsay Street all stem from the attraction between Lauren and Brad.

If Lauren didn't love Matt enough to properly mourn the man who'd been a perfect husband for twenty years (and a problematic husband for only the last few months), consideration for her children's feelings should have stopped her moving on so quickly. Amber said herself that the relationship helped drive her and Matilda away.

This is not the behaviour of a loyal wife or good mother no matter how the writers try to spin it. They've given plenty enough reason for viewers to dislike Lauren and want her gone.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 26-01-2016 at 19:52.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (26-01-2016), Perdita (26-01-2016), tammyy2j (27-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    What was she supposed to do, destroy it? I always think that's childish behaviour. I'd rather keep the good memories.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Summer8 (27-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    The problems in both the Willis and Turner marriages after they came to Ramsay Street all stem from the attraction between Lauren and Brad.

If Lauren didn't love Matt enough to properly mourn the man who'd been a perfect husband for twenty years (and a problematic husband for only the last few months), consideration for her children's feelings should have stopped her moving on so quickly. Amber said herself that the relationship helped drive her and Matilda away.

This is not the behaviour of a loyal wife or good mother no matter how the writers try to spin it. They've given plenty enough reason for viewers to dislike Lauren and want her gone.
    I disagree. Bailey hated his Dad's behaviour towards the end too. I seem to recall Lauren trying to persuade him to remember the good things his Dad did.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Summer8 (27-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Well I certainly don't want her to leave, and totally agree with you. I think some just want Lauren to leave because they don't like her!
    That's certainly the truth!!!! She has never been a bad mother, she hasn't put Brad before any of her kids at all,,, In fact she dumped him because of Amber and Matilda.....
    Last edited by Summer8; 26-01-2016 at 23:45.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer8 For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (27-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    she put brad ahead of amber and mason which is why they left to me
    I don't get it??? when did she ever do that????

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer8 For This Useful Post:

To be a good mother to the kids who need her the most (Amber and Bailey are both still very young, and also grief-stricken and vulnerable). Don't forget that she dumped Brad a few weeks back, so why on earth didn't she permanently join Amber, Matilda and Bailey? Because the writers want to keep her in the show for Brad, of course. But they can't write a reason for her to stay that convinces me she's a good mother who's willing to put her kids' well-being first.
    Maybe she felt she didn't need to,,, Amber only just left for gods sake and Bailey has been doing well so they keep saying.... Why shouldn't she stay around for Paige and her business????
    Only for Brad??? I think Paige is a big reason they want her to stick around for also....

Quote Originally Posted by LauBuch View Post
    I've never been shy about my dislike for Lauren, but that doesn't mean I'm criticising her actions based off of that alone.
    When Matt died, within like a month (maybe a little bit more) she was back to being flirty with Brad. There was a reason Therese AND Matt where always feeling cautious about those two. Yes, Therese wasn't perfect and she was out of line a lot of the time, but can you blame her? It's been obvious from the beginning Lauren wanted to be with Brad.

Yes, Amber put up with Brad living at their's for a bit, but if that was me and my kids dad was dead less than a year, I had moved in the one man they all felt threatened by and knew my kid wasn't 100% behind it, I'd tell him he couldn't stay!
    He's an adult, he could figure something out. Amber was still grieving her dad, still dealing with the fallout of Daniel and Josh, still dealing with being pregnant, said baby being unwell and Lauren's main focus was Brad.
    I disagree!!!!! I never saw her wanting to be with Brad from the beginning!!!! Yes she always had a connection with Brad because of the child that she thought she lost and she was haunted by it.... And she did end up dumping Brad because of Amber and the whole mess.... I understand what you are saying about Bailey,,, but what if you finally got a daughter back that you thought you lost 20 years ago,,, could you just up and move away from her either??????? I wouldn't be able to....

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I've said this time and time again, Matt was no angel before he died. Why wouldn't Lauren move on?
    Exactly!!!! Lauren was devastated when Matt died.... but I suppose everyone thinks that its Laurens fault that Matt cheated also LOL

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer8 For This Useful Post:

It's a little simplistic to say that because Lauren had feelings for Brad she never loved Matt and didn't grieve for him. It is possible to love two people in two very different ways and one doesn't negate the other.

Same goes for Brad. He was the married family man in this situation he bears a responsibility to his wife and children to immediately put stop to any kind of attraction he may have to another woman no matter how strong it is. He made the decision to cheat and that's entirely on him.

As for Amber, her problems stemmed more from not being able to watch her mother move on with someone else other than her dad. At some stage Lauren would have more than likely fallen in love again and while it did seem quick due to the writers wanting to keep the storyline moving, Amber would have had to deal with it no matter who the person was.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LollyCarpenter For This Useful Post:

Summer8 (27-01-2016)

Thread Information