Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will Savage

Hollyoaks killer Will Savage has made a shock return to the soap.

James Atherton's villainous character reappeared in the post-credits scene of Tuesday's E4 first look episode (December 23), writing a letter to his father Dirk to ask for a visit ahead of his upcoming appeal.

Show bosses did not officially announce Will's return before transmission to ensure that fans were surprised by the twist, which aired in the show's hour-long Christmas special.

James Atherton as Will Savage in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    James Atherton as Will Savage

Digital Spy can confirm that Will has returned to the show as a guest, but fans can expect him to feature in dramatic scenes next year.

With Will's appeal imminent, viewers will have to wait and see whether he manages to secure his freedom and whether he will play any role in his brother Dodger's exit storyline.

The character's reputation for dark deeds will also no doubt have fans wondering what trouble he may cause this time around.

Atherton appeared in the role of Will for over two years between April 2011 and November 2013.

His exit plot saw him locked away after finally being caught out for the murders of his wife Texas Longford and his mother Anna Blake.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (23-12-2014)

he cant walk

Hollyoaks' hour-long Christmas special ended with a shock twist as Will Savage made an unexpected return to screens.

The sinister killer was seen in the post-credits scene of the festive episode, writing a letter to his father Dirk to request a visit ahead of his upcoming appeal.

Will's reappearance paves the way for another dramatic storyline next year as he finds his way back to the village, which could cause chaos for his brother Dodger (Danny Mac) and the rest of his family.

Digital Spy recently caught up with James Atherton, who plays Will, for his exclusive first chat about his return to Hollyoaks.

What was your initial reaction when you found out that Hollyoaks wanted to bring you back?
    "I was chuffed, especially because it's part of Danny's leaving story. We'd done so much stuff together already and it was nice to know that I was going to be part of it. I was really happy and obviously Hollyoaks has been so fantastic over the last year so it's a really exciting place to be part of again."

How long has Will's return been in the pipeline for?
    "Quite a long time! They first mentioned it about five or six months ago, so I knew for quite a while that I was coming back. I've been really excited about it since then.

"I think Will is such a fantastic character and the way he developed over his time on the show was really interesting. It did feel like he should come back at some point in some dramatic circumstance, where he could revel again!"

We've just seen Will writing a letter to Dirk. Why has he decided to reach out to his family after all this time?
    "It's part of a bigger plot as far as Will is concerned! It's him manipulating people again. Even from inside a prison cell, Will is trying to cause havoc and disturb people's lives - especially his family's."

How is Will feeling about his upcoming appeal?
    "He's hoping for the best, but again it's part of a bigger plot. Will is too smart for that to be his only chance at freedom. He's not going to allow other people to control his life anymore, so he takes matters into his own hands as far as that's concerned."

Has Will had time to reflect on any of his past crimes?
    "I think he's spent his time stewing! (Laughs.) All he's built up over the last year is rage and torment!"

How does Will feel about Dodger?
    "He's still very resentful towards Dodger. That's been his main drive to get himself out of prison in any way he can - it's so he can try to ruin Dodger's life all over again…"

We can't say how, but we know that we can expect to see Will back in the village next year. What's in store?
    "I can't say too much, but Will is up to his same old tricks again. He's basically trying to bring terror in every way he can. He's had time to think of a plan and really plot it through, rather than just acting irrationally. It's all far more calculated, which I think is even more sinister…"

We've also heard that there might be some more scenes between Will and Sienna!
    "Absolutely - Sienna and Will are a match made in heaven. I'm surprised they're not twins! (Laughs.) Obviously Anna Passey is brilliant as well and really lovely to work with. It's been great since I've come back, as it's been nice to see Will and Sienna having more to do together. I actually think they could work really well together as a team."

Will Sienna show any remorse?
    © Lime Pictures
    Anna Passey as Sienna

In his final scene last year, Will had no feeling in his legs. Can he walk now?
    "He's not in a wheelchair, so he's managed to rehabilitate himself. Will can walk but he's carrying himself because he's got a limp. The writers always like to give me some sort of ailment to carry! It's either that or getting dressed up - the writers seem to like dressing me up as well, so there's lots of that going on too!"

Were you surprised that Danny wanted to leave the show?
    "Obviously Dan and I are really close friends, so I knew it was on his mind even when I left last year. I know he'd been thinking about it even then. Hollyoaks is a great place, but Danny is a talent and a very good-looking boy so he'll do brilliantly wherever he goes. I'm very excited for him and what the future might hold for him."

You're back on the show as a guest, but would you be interested in doing even more for Hollyoaks in the future?
    "Absolutely. I love the place and being back has been brilliant. Everyone in the building is fantastic - cast and crew. The whole atmosphere of the place is terrific and it's an absolute joy to be back. I would definitely, definitely stay."

Who have you most enjoyed catching up with?
    "There's an awful lot of new faces, actually, so it's been lovely to get to know some new people. There's some fantastic additions to the show, even people who had just started when I left like Jess Ellis. Daisy Wood-Davis is lovely and Nick Rhys and Cameron Moore are great. There's loads of new people who have really welcomed me back to into the fold.

"Little Charlie Wernham is great too. It's been great seeing all of the old guys and meeting some new faces as well."

How did you feel about keeping your return a secret?
    "It's been really funny because I've been out with everyone at cast parties and I've seen a few tweets from people saying, 'How come James Atherton is back in the fold?!' A few people became suspicious but I think we did quite a good job because everyone kept really quiet about it in the building."

David Kennedy, Danny Mac, James Atherton and Charlie Wernham at Chy Liverpool launch
    © Chy Liverpool
    James Atherton with Hollyoaks co-stars

It must have been nice to return in the hour-long Christmas special too.
    "Yeah, that was massive. Paul Riordan who directed the episode did loads of the big stuff while I was at Hollyoaks the first time, so it's lovely that he was directing it. Will's return is such a simple little tag scene at the end of the episode, but I think it has real gravity to it as well. It's such a big moment to come back on and hopefully a real drive into next year."

Have you also enjoyed the chance to do other work since leaving Hollyoaks?
    "Absolutely, yeah. It was fantastic to work at the Manchester Royal Exchange on a play called Crocodiles. Being back on stage was brilliant because that's where I trained. It's been lovely to get back and do some of that as theatre is my first love. I also spent a lot of time in America doing stuff over there."

What are your plans for Christmas?
    "I'll be spending it with my family which I always do - up in the Lake District which is where I'm from. It'll be a nice little family affair up there, with loads of food and drink!"

Will Savage will plan to kill again as he tries to get revenge against his brother Dodger.

Upcoming episodes will see Will (James Atherton) escape the courthouse on the day of his appeal, giving him an opportunity to team up with Sienna Blake for a terrible plan.

Once they are working together, Will and Sienna (Anna Passey) manage to trap both Theresa and Maxine on the Savages' boat, leaving them both in danger.

It seems that Sienna will soon start to regret being part of the plan as our pictures show her trying to free Theresa (Jorgie Porter) after she begs for help, but when Will catches her out, there isn't much she can do to stop him.

Will then plays a twisted game by falsely telling Dodger that Maxine and Theresa are in different locations and he only has time to save one girl, interested to see who he will choose.

When Dodger rushes to where he thinks Maxine (Nikki Sanderson) is, he finds Sienna there. Still remorseful over her actions, she explains that Will is holding Theresa and Maxine captive on the Savages' boat and is going to kill them.

With Will's murderous plan well under way, he sets the boat on fire and leaves Maxine and Theresa to a terrible fate.

Fans will have to wait and see whether either of the girls survive, but afterwards Dodger embarks on a revenge mission of his own when he finds that Will has taken Nico onto the hospital roof.

In scenes mirroring their last rooftop showdown, Dodger and Will come to blows - but will it turn out to be a fight to the death?

The dramatic scenes all play out as part of Dodger's final week on the show following Danny Mac's decision to bow out as the popular character.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (12-01-2015)

will could die from the glove hospital killer

Thread Information