Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Mitchell (Ross Kemp)

actors shold be able to act for more than one different company!!

ee bosses are trying to ross back for new year

EASTENDERS bosses are in talks with Albert Square *legend Ross Kemp to make a dramatic return as Grant Mitchell for the soap’s 30th anniversary.

Programme chief Dominic Treadwell Collins has a list of characters he wants back in the Square for the milestone event next February.

Barbara Windsor, 77, who played *Peggy Mitchell for more than 16 years until 2010, has already agreed to *return.

To reunite Peggy with both her sons would be a massive hit with fans and a sure-fire ratings winner.

The last time the three were together in Albert Square was 2006.

Hard-man actor Ross, 50, and Steve McFadden, 55, who plays Grant’s *brother Phil, have been involved in some powerful storylines.

“He would love nothing more than to bring Peggy back to Albert Square with both her boys”
    EastEnders source

And as Phil has married Grant’s first wife Sharon it could be quite a reunion come February. An EastEnders source told the Daily Star Sunday: “The 30th anniversary is going to be one of the biggest events ever in the soap.

“With Barbara having already agreed to return the next name on Dom’s list is Ross.

“He would love nothing more than to bring Peggy back to Albert Square with both her boys.

“It would be a huge moment in EastEnders’ history.

“Talks are still ongoing but everyone is hopeful. If anyone can pull it off Dom can.”

Ross hinted that he’d be up for *returning earlier this year. He said: “Never say never – I don’t think you should ever do that.”

EastEnders will celebrate the *anniversary in the week beginning *February 16 with a live 30-minute episode as well as live elements in all shows screened during that week.

Sunday Mirror

I can't see him coming back long term but for the anniversary I can
    Last edited by Perdita; 14-12-2014 at 06:03.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dougie (14-12-2014), Glen1 (14-12-2014), tammyy2j (16-12-2014)

wHATS THE POINT OF BRINGING THESE "EX" STARS BACK FOR A BLINK? NOT WORTH IT, WOULD BE MORE WORTHWHILE IF THERE WAS A REASON THAT HAS IMPACT!
    LIKE GRANT GETTING SHARON PREGNANT, NOW THAT WOULD HAVE IMPACT!!!!!!

wHATS THE POINT OF BRINGING THESE "EX" STARS BACK FOR A BLINK? NOT WORTH IT, WOULD BE MORE WORTHWHILE IF THERE WAS A REASON THAT HAS IMPACT!
    LIKE GRANT GETTING SHARON PREGNANT, NOW THAT WOULD HAVE IMPACT!!!!!!

I would like to see Grant back

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-12-2014), lizann (16-12-2014), maidmarian (16-12-2014)

Ross Kemp has admitted that he would be happy to make a return to EastEnders.

The actor, who played Grant Mitchell on the soap for ten years, said that he would go back if the time was right.

Ross Kemp on Extreme World: 'It's emotionally draining - but worth it'

In an interview with Jonathan Ross on BBC Radio 2, he said: "I've got no problem going back.

"It was ten years of my life. Some of it was happy, some of it wasn't so happy, but I enjoyed most of it or wouldn't have stayed that long."

The 50-year-old actor left the show in 1999 and returned for two short stints in 2005 and 2006.

He has recently ruled out an appearance in the EastEnders 30th anniversary week, later this month.

"If an opportunity comes up and it's at the right time, I definitely don't see why not," Kemp added to Ross.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (02-02-2015), tammyy2j (04-02-2015)

Twitter has gotten very animated about the rumoured return of Ross Kemp as Grant Mitchell in EastEnders.

The Mirror is reporting that Kemp is being lined up for a return in a storyline that will see him attempt to save his alcoholic brother Phil.

EastEnders fans have taken to Twitter to describe his potential return as everything from the "greatest thing since sliced bread" to pant-wettingly exciting.

There's always one, though, warning Kemp that it would be a "BIG mistake".

Meanwhile, Kemp himself has other more pressing matters on his hands than dealing with the rumoured return:

He did, however, recently respond to showrunner Dominic Treadwell-Collins's desire to see Grant back in Walford, saying "never say never".

Last week, Barbara Windsor hinted that she would reprise her role, as long as her Mitchell boys were right there alongside her.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...pscw2ToWSlo663

Phil only fell off the wagon big time 5 years ago. Did he again when Ben killed Heather, I don't recall? That storyline has been seriously overdone since 2007 (which was during DTC's last stint on the show, so it's probably true.)

Let's just hope it's better than the time Peggy returned to make Phil get out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Phil only fell off the wagon big time 5 years ago. Did he again when Ben killed Heather, I don't recall? That storyline has been seriously overdone since 2007 (which was during DTC's last stint on the show, so it's probably true.)

Let's just hope it's better than the time Peggy returned to make Phil get out of bed.
    He has fallen off again - I think it is quite good to show an alcoholic fall off the wagon time and time again, makes it quite real

Thread Information