Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Maddie Heath

Exclamation Maddie Heath

Coronation Street star Brooke Vincent has spoken about her new love interest on the show.

Vincent's character Sophie Webster will soon fall for newcomer Maddie Heath, played by Amy Kelly.

Vincent discussed the new character with The Mirror, saying: "Maddie shakes things up, she's very much a Kylie Platt or Becky McDonald character but a lot worse.

"She's very demanding and hard to read – you're intrigued by her. I think she's a good match for Sophie, who stands her ground with her.

"They're both feisty and want to get one over on each other. Sophie likes her because she's naughty."

The storyline will see Sophie meeting homeless Maddie on Christmas Day when she goes to work in a soup kitchen. Her mum Sally, played by Sally Dynevor, is said to take an instant disliking to her daughter's new love interest.

Vincent added: "Sally doesn't really want to come to the soup kitchen but Sophie makes her. When we go there she's like: 'Oh look at the grateful faces,' but Maddie comes in and wrecks that.

"She pushes Sally's face in a trifle and they get off to a really bad start. We go back to the soup kitchen and things keep happening, such as Sally's bag *going missing."

The 21-year-old, who has been in the soap since she was 11, said that she was happy to see her character's new romance develop.

"I think all three of Sophie's girlfriends have been very different. Sian was Sophie's first love, then she had more of a grown up relationship with Jenna.

"I think she's praying for the third time lucky with this one."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3...#ixzz2nYpnjP9n

And she gives relationship advice about Tim to her mum?

When Sophie meets Maddie at the soup kitchen on Christmas Day, could this troubled teen be the challenge that Sophie has been searching for?

Actress Amy Kelly exclusively reveals what it's been like joining the famous cobbles, and what we can expect from her feisty character.

"Filming for Coronation Street is the most amazing experience; from day one everyone made me feel so welcome. Brooke Vincent (Sophie) and Sally Dynevor (Sally) have really taken me under their wing, as I’m in most of my scenes with them. We have such a laugh working together."

Amy Kelly as Maddie
    Amy will debut as Maddie on Christmas Day
    After a string of failed relationships, unlucky-in-love Sophie is drawn to Maddie's tough exterior - much to her mum Sally's dismay.
    "Sophie desperately tries to soften Maddie and just when you think it’s working, Maddie does something else and they’re back to square one – they’re like chalk and cheese and that makes for a very interesting relationship – whether it’s a romantic one or just as friends," said Amy.

Maddie comes from a dysfunctional family, she's a complex character who doesn't let people get too close.

"I love playing Maddie because of how hard you have to try to get your head around her; there’s just no figuring her out and I think maybe that’s why Sophie is so drawn to her – she wants to be the one to work her out. Maddie is impressed with Sophie’s determination, but she keeps her on her toes!"
    Brooke Vincent and Amy Kelly
    Brooke and Amy film the Christmas Day episode
    Amy impressed the Coronation Street casting agents in her audition, despite it being her first ever screen test.

She said: "My audition was on Friday 13th, so I guess it’s not so unlucky after all! I got the scripts and all along I said I’ll be happy if I just get as far as a screen test. Then once I found out that I had a screen test, I started thinking: ‘You know what… This is possible… I could actually do this…’"

"When I got the call saying I’d been offered the part (I was on the bus home from college when my phone rang so I had to contain my reaction) I honestly could not believe it. Neither could my mum!"

Amy Kelly - Maddie- Sally - Sophie
    It isn't long before Maddie causes mischief...
    On Christmas Day, Maddie causes a commotion when she clashes with Sally.

"Before we filmed the scene, this huge trifle with sprinkles arrived in front of us and we all looked at it, then at each other, and just burst out laughing!"
    Sally Webster - Sally Dynevor - Coronation Street - ITV
    My favourite thing so far, purely because of how funny it was, was dunking Sally’s face in the trifle… Sorry Sal!
    – Amy Kelly, who plays Maddie
    "I'm nervous and excited to see my first episode. I always cringe when I watch things back but I'm excited to see it all put together for the first time (even if I will watch the first few scenes through my fingers!)"

"With it being Christmas Day, there are going to be so many family members crowded round the telly to watch my first episode - So no pressure!"

"My mum got a text from one of the family saying: 'Tell Amy we are definitely NOT having trifle on Christmas Day!'"

She reminded me of Becky

Another horrible dysfunctional character

Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn has tipped show newcomer Maddie Heath as one to watch this year.

Maddie, played by Amy Kelly, made her first on-screen appearance on Christmas Day as a new love interest for Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent).

Sophie calls into the soup kitchen where Maddie the homeless girl admits stealing Sally's handbag.

© ITV
    Maddie with Sophie

Speaking at a Coronation Street press event today (January 10), Blackburn revealed that the new recruit is already reminding the show's team of Katherine Kelly, who played fan favourite Becky McDonald.

He explained: "We saw Sophie meet Maddie on Christmas Day, and she is incredible. Everyone from the team who's seen her has been saying, 'Kate Kelly, Kate Kelly!' There's something about her instincts. Amy hasn't done anything else before this, but she's phenomenal.

"There's a long journey for Sophie and Maddie. I've always loved Brooke who plays Sophie, but she's just risen. This is a partnership that works and I'm absolutely loving it."

When Michael Le Vell's character Kevin Webster returns later in the year, it's just as tensions are running high at home over Sophie's relationship with Maddie.

Blackburn continued: "Sophie's relationship with Maddie is something that terrifies Sally, but with good reason. Maddie has been brought up in a chaotic world, she is terrified of commitment and could be a bad thing for Sophie. Kevin walks into all of that and has to referee it.

"When he left for Germany, Kevin was also in a place where he knew he loved Sally and thought perhaps there was a chance for them. While he's been away in Germany, time has stood still for him - but Sally now has Tim there. I'm loving Sally and Tim at the moment, but I don't think Kevin will. I don't think Kevin's going to be impressed at all."

Blackburn also discussed plans for some of Weatherfield's other newcomers. Fans know that Steph Britton (Tisha Merry) has been made a show regular, while actor Dean Fagan has been cast as her brother Luke, who will soon start working with Tyrone Dobbs at the garage.

Dean Fagan
    © IMDB/Dean Fagan

"We're going to build up Steph," he explained. "She's working at the Bistro and she lights up the screen every time. Her brother Luke is young and very, very driven.

"He's made some choices in the past - think of a young kid growing up in Moss Side and all of the attendant issues that are dealt with there. He's turned his back on that. He's absolutely determined, very overprotective of Steph and very successful with the ladies."

Show chiefs will also be looking to introduce a new hunk to the cobbles at some point this year.

Blackburn said: "We've got a long-term conference coming up. [We want] somebody mid-to-late 30s with the swagger of Liam Gallagher! I think we'll be giving it a go."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn has tipped show newcomer Maddie Heath as one to watch this year.

Maddie, played by Amy Kelly, made her first on-screen appearance on Christmas Day as a new love interest for Sophie Webster (Brooke Vincent).

Sophie calls into the soup kitchen where Maddie the homeless girl admits stealing Sally's handbag.

© ITV
    Maddie with Sophie

Speaking at a Coronation Street press event today (January 10), Blackburn revealed that the new recruit is already reminding the show's team of Katherine Kelly, who played fan favourite Becky McDonald.

He explained: "We saw Sophie meet Maddie on Christmas Day, and she is incredible. Everyone from the team who's seen her has been saying, 'Kate Kelly, Kate Kelly!' There's something about her instincts. Amy hasn't done anything else before this, but she's phenomenal.

"There's a long journey for Sophie and Maddie. I've always loved Brooke who plays Sophie, but she's just risen. This is a partnership that works and I'm absolutely loving it."

When Michael Le Vell's character Kevin Webster returns later in the year, it's just as tensions are running high at home over Sophie's relationship with Maddie.

Blackburn continued: "Sophie's relationship with Maddie is something that terrifies Sally, but with good reason. Maddie has been brought up in a chaotic world, she is terrified of commitment and could be a bad thing for Sophie. Kevin walks into all of that and has to referee it.

"When he left for Germany, Kevin was also in a place where he knew he loved Sally and thought perhaps there was a chance for them. While he's been away in Germany, time has stood still for him - but Sally now has Tim there. I'm loving Sally and Tim at the moment, but I don't think Kevin will. I don't think Kevin's going to be impressed at all."

Blackburn also discussed plans for some of Weatherfield's other newcomers. Fans know that Steph Britton (Tisha Merry) has been made a show regular, while actor Dean Fagan has been cast as her brother Luke, who will soon start working with Tyrone Dobbs at the garage.

Dean Fagan
    © IMDB/Dean Fagan

"We're going to build up Steph," he explained. "She's working at the Bistro and she lights up the screen every time. Her brother Luke is young and very, very driven.

"He's made some choices in the past - think of a young kid growing up in Moss Side and all of the attendant issues that are dealt with there. He's turned his back on that. He's absolutely determined, very overprotective of Steph and very successful with the ladies."

Show chiefs will also be looking to introduce a new hunk to the cobbles at some point this year.

Blackburn said: "We've got a long-term conference coming up. [We want] somebody mid-to-late 30s with the swagger of Liam Gallagher! I think we'll be giving it a go."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (11-01-2014)

Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn has tipped newcomer Amy Kelly for a long-term future with the soap.

Kelly joined the ITV show at the end of last year, landing the role of Sophie Webster's troublemaking girlfriend Maddie Heath.

Maddie and Sophie find themselves on the streets
    © ITV
    Sophie and Maddie

Speaking to The Sun's TV Magazine about the actress's future, Blackburn explained: "Amy Kelly as Maddie Heath is a keeper. But it's important our writers don't confuse her with Katherine Kelly's Becky McDonald. The instinct with a character like Becky is: 'Where are we going to find the next her?' But you'd end up doing shadows of former characters.

"The joy with Amy is that she has no idea how good she is. Short of [a] writer bringing in another story that I haven't expected, or Amy wanting to go, the character of Maddie will be here as long as I'm here."

Blackburn also promised a continued focus on Roy Cropper following the death of his wife Hayley.

Roy struggles to keep it all together feeling completely at sea, can he bring himself to attend hayley's funeral?
    © ITV
    Roy Cropper

"We are now building a new friendship for Roy, but as long as I'm producer, he will not have a romance with anyone," he said. "If that's the only story we can give Roy, we're a bit crap at our job."

Offering other teasers for the future, Blackburn added: "Gary hits the lowest place possible, Roy is pushed into actions he never imagined, and in the wake of Tina's death, Ken returns."

Coronation Street airs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays on ITV.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn has tipped newcomer Amy Kelly for a long-term future with the soap.

Kelly joined the ITV show at the end of last year, landing the role of Sophie Webster's troublemaking girlfriend Maddie Heath.
    I'm not happy about this at all

I've got nothing against Amy Kelly, but Sophie and Maddie are painful to watch! I wish they'd both leave together permanently.

I don't usually read spoilers, but I couldn't resist just reading the first couple of lines of this post to see whether Maddie was leaving Corrie and taking Sophie with her

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (27-04-2014)

Maybe one of them or even both will grown on you .....

Thread Information