Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The X Factor (UK) 2013

The X Factor duet partners for Sam Bailey, Nicholas McDonald and Luke Friend at this weekend's final, as well as their song choices, have been confirmed.

Bailey will perform Dreamgirls number 'And I Am Telling You' with X Factor judge Nicole Scherzinger, while McDonald will sing Westlife's 'Flying Without Wings' with the band's frontman Shane Filan, and Friend will join Ellie Goulding for a performance of 'Anything Can Happen'.

Scherzinger said: "I'm so excited to be singing with the beautiful and talented Sam Bailey. We're going to have so much fun and scha-diva it out this weekend on the X Factor stage! Stay tuned."

Goulding said of her duet with Friend: "I'm really excited to perform with lovely Luke He's a crazy talented singer and a good soul and to me that is the perfect combination.

"I love the tone of his voice and his stage presence. It's very, very cool to be a part of the live X Factor show."

Friend added: "From being a Devonshire busker to playing on the show in front of millions is overwhelming. To perform with one of my favourite artists in the industry will be incredible - when Ellie sings you know exactly who it is, she has such a unique voice. It's going to be an absolute honour."

Filan, who helped Louis Walsh at Judges' Houses and advised him to put McDonald through, said that he was "honoured" to perform with the 17-year-old.

"Nicholas stood out from the beginning as he has such an incredible voice for someone so young. It's been exciting to watch him every weekend, and I hope that I can help him in the final to go all the way."

McDonald commented: "I'm so excited about this week, I've always watched The X Factor and dreamed about reaching the final and having the chance to sing at Wembley Arena.

"It is such a big achievement and I'm overwhelmed and honoured to be singing with Shane as I've always been a massive Westlife fan. I can't wait for Saturday!"

The rest of the X Factor final three's songs were revealed at the weekend.

X Factor judge Gary Barlow, Elton John, Katy Perry, One Direction, The Killers and Tom Odell will all perform during the two-day final.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-12-2013), megan999 (13-12-2013)

some crap duets this year

Sam Bailey has won The X Factor 2013.

The Overs singer beat Nicholas McDonald to be crowned this year's champion following tonight's (December 15) head-to-head final at Wembley Arena in London.

Sam Bailey wins The X Factor
    © Tom Dymond/Thames/REX
    Sam Bailey wins The X Factor

Tonight's result gives Sharon Osbourne her first victory as a mentor, following her return to the series earlier this year.

Dermot O'Leary revealed that the 36-year-old received over 1 million votes from the public this weekend.

Bailey said: "I don't know what to say. I just want to say that I love that boy [Nicholas] to pieces and he needs to get an album out as well. He's got an amazing voice and I love him to death."

"I can't believe this. I'm so grateful to everybody. I really am appreciative, thank you," she added.

McDonald told O'Leary: "If I was going to get beaten by anybody it was going to be Sam. Sam is a hard one to beat, but I just want to say thank you to every single person who has voted for me week in and week out.

"This is not the end of me," he promised. "I know I'll have an album out and I'll see you all on the tour. I love you all."

Speaking on The Xtra Factor, Bailey continued: "I just feel so overwhelmed by all the support and everything. It's twenty years I've waited for something like this; to get the recognition that I've always wanted.

"These guys all behind me, we've had ten amazing weeks together and every single one of them deserves to be successful. They're all really professional and I've loved every second of this experience."

Asked how proud she is, Osbourne replied: "I can't even begin to tell you. I want to thank everybody who has shown Sam so much love and support, and every week they have voted for her.

"Especially Lord Sugar who has been there from day one. God bless you, sir. Thank you to everyone."

Both Bailey and McDonald took to the stage to perform two songs tonight - their favourite song of the series, and what could become their winning singles.

Bailey covered Jennifer Rush's 'The Power of Love', which she performed on the first live show of the series in October. She then performed Demi Lovato's 'Skyscraper', which will serve as her debut single.

McDonald chose Sarah McLachlan's 'Angel' as his favourite song from the series, before performing Five for Fighting's 'Superman' as his potential debut release.

All of this year's finalists returned to perform Perry's number one single 'Roar' at the beginning of the show.

The grand final also featured performances from Sir Elton John and Gary Barlow, One Direction and Katy Perry, who performed her latest single 'Unconditionally'.

Sam Bailey will now join Beyoncé on the UK leg of her 'Mrs Carter Show World Tour' in February.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/...#ixzz2ncO6ClyF

Congratulations Sam

I didnt see any of this this year but I have heard that Sam Bailey a couple of times and I think she deserved it, she has such a strong voice.

And to win by getting over a million votes, that is some doing.

winner's cover single

winner's cover single

Nicole completely outsang and outshone Sam in their duet but she was the winner from the start always gave top performances even if they were a little boring at times

Thread Information