Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale Spoilers 19th - 23rd August 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    It has gone on too long though, I do agree Zoe plays Rhona very well
    Yeah Zoe is an absolutely brilliant actress, no one in their right minds would deny that

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    It has gone on too long though, I do agree Zoe plays Rhona very well
    Yeah Zoe is an absolutely brilliant actress, no one in their right minds would deny that

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Morris View Post
    It has been portrayed quite realistically in fairness. I know someone who has battled addiction and he went through pretty similar stuff to what Rhona is so I applaud them on the realistic-ness of the whole thing but I know a lot of people don't see it like that because it's gone on for a while
    what I dont understand in addiction terms - is Rhona isnt withdrawing from the tablets (painkillers) so why is she getting the shakes and jitters when she goes a few hours without a hit?

She isnt using them for pain relief at this stage? we are meant to think that after a couple of months of pain killers of the level a GP can hand out, she cant last an hour without a fix and gets awful withdrawel effects?

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    what I dont understand in addiction terms - is Rhona isnt withdrawing from the tablets (painkillers) so why is she getting the shakes and jitters when she goes a few hours without a hit?

She isnt using them for pain relief at this stage? we are meant to think that after a couple of months of pain killers of the level a GP can hand out, she cant last an hour without a fix and gets awful withdrawel effects?
    Addiction can take hold very quickly and it is so easy to become dependant on painkillers, but it's got to the stage with Rhona now where she was being supplied with what she needed to a certain extent but by getting other supplies from a different source at the same time she became more and more dependant and if she goes a while without a hit, because her need for them is so great, she will start withdrawing very quickly. It happens in real life and it's sad how realistic it is

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jess Morris For This Useful Post:

sarah c (24-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post

Addiction can take hold very quickly and it is so easy to become dependant on painkillers, but it's got to the stage with Rhona now where she was being supplied with what she needed to a certain extent but by getting other supplies from a different source at the same time she became more and more dependant and if she goes a while without a hit, because her need for them is so great, she will start withdrawing very quickly. It happens in real life and it's sad how realistic it is

I am getting a bit fed up of this storyline with Rhona. Vanessa isn't much help either. She professes her love, but if she really loved her, she wouldn't be giving her pills, and would drag her (even kicking and screaming) to get professional help.

As for Rhona, she is supposed to love Paddy, yet is happy to make him think she's having an affair, just to cover up her addiction.

I'd love for Paddy to tell her where to go, but it's like Paddy's already shown us; he's so in love with her he would do anything to keep her.

I am getting a bit fed up of this storyline with Rhona. Vanessa isn't much help either. She professes her love, but if she really loved her, she wouldn't be giving her pills, and would drag her (even kicking and screaming) to get professional help.

As for Rhona, she is supposed to love Paddy, yet is happy to make him think she's having an affair, just to cover up her addiction.

I'd love for Paddy to tell her where to go, but it's like Paddy's already shown us; he's so in love with her he would do anything to keep her.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to britgirl For This Useful Post:

lizann (23-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by britgirl View Post

Paddy will help her to get clean, but it's possible that their marriage is finished.Rhona has done a lot of damage, so we'll see how forgiving Paddy will be

Quote Originally Posted by britgirl View Post

Paddy will help her to get clean, but it's possible that their marriage is finished.Rhona has done a lot of damage, so we'll see how forgiving Paddy will be

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Morris View Post
    I think I am asking medically, why is she needing the painkillers? It isnt to numb the pain? as if her back still hurt she should be having MRI scans etc to look into why?

so what effect does the painkillers give her - that isnt pain relief - that she is addicted to?

do they send her away with the fairies? do they make her sleepy? (we havent seem that)

the inderence is that she is taking tramadol, as that is one of the strongest a GP would have given which started this, and I dont know of any 'hallucinagenic or opiod-like effects that has?

Thread Information