Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Indi & Romeo

Home and Away's Samara Weaving is rumoured to be the latest actress from the soap to crack Hollywood.

Weaving, who plays Summer Bay's Indi Walker, has reportedly been shortlisted for a role in the latest instalment of the Pirates of the Caribbean series.

Weaving is reported to have made the shortlist for a role in the movie, a source told the Australian Daily Telegraph.

It was reported recently that Weaving had flown out to the US to discuss her future career plans.

Steve Peacocke, who plays Brax, has recently landed a supporting role in Hollywood film Hercules, while his co-stars Luke Mitchell, David Jones-Roberts and Axle Whitehead are also enjoying Hollywood success.

Weaving joined Home and Away in 2009, after previously appearing in the BBC's Australian soap Out of the Blue.

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 will be directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg (Kon-Tiki), and is tipped to open on July 10, 2015.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-07-2013)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 23-07-2013 at 00:33.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    ...and Axle Whitehead are also enjoying Hollywood success.
    Anyone know what Axle Whitehead is doing in Hollywood? I couldn't find anything on IMDB.

Home and Away star Samara Weaving has announced her departure from the soap.

The actress has already filmed her final scenes after four years in the role of Indigo Walker.

Weaving told TV Week: "Storyline-wise, it was perfect timing. Plus, with Home and Away so well-known overseas, I felt it was time to pursue other directions and really start a more versatile career."

Recalling her final days on set, she continued: "It was really sad! It's like when you leave school - you've done such hard work, all your best friends are around and it's really depressing, because if you want to see each other again, you have to plan rather than just being thrown into a situation where it's a given.

"It's exciting as well because I get to travel and do things that I've been thinking of for a while."

Indi is reminded of Romeo.
    © Channel 5

Weaving said that she wants to spend the next year doing "lots of travel, auditions and [living] the actor's life".

On plans for overseas work, she added: "I love the work coming out of London right now, so I'd definitely like to set up camp there for a while, just for something different. I've got lots of friends and family in the UK. I think I'll be back and forth, depending on job opportunities."

Recent reports had revealed that the 21-year-old was searching for a US agent and had been shortlisted for a part in the next Pirates of the Caribbean film.

Weaving joined Home and Away in 2009 after previously having a regular role in the BBC's Australian soap Out of the Blue.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-07-2013)

Home and Away star Samara Weaving has announced her departure from the soap.

The actress has already filmed her final scenes after four years in the role of Indigo Walker.

Weaving told TV Week: "Storyline-wise, it was perfect timing. Plus, with Home and Away so well-known overseas, I felt it was time to pursue other directions and really start a more versatile career."

Recalling her final days on set, she continued: "It was really sad! It's like when you leave school - you've done such hard work, all your best friends are around and it's really depressing, because if you want to see each other again, you have to plan rather than just being thrown into a situation where it's a given.

"It's exciting as well because I get to travel and do things that I've been thinking of for a while."

Indi is reminded of Romeo.
    © Channel 5

Weaving said that she wants to spend the next year doing "lots of travel, auditions and [living] the actor's life".

On plans for overseas work, she added: "I love the work coming out of London right now, so I'd definitely like to set up camp there for a while, just for something different. I've got lots of friends and family in the UK. I think I'll be back and forth, depending on job opportunities."

Recent reports had revealed that the 21-year-old was searching for a US agent and had been shortlisted for a part in the next Pirates of the Caribbean film.

Weaving joined Home and Away in 2009 after previously having a regular role in the BBC's Australian soap Out of the Blue.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (29-07-2013)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 29-07-2013 at 13:32.

they should have had indi and romeo leave together

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-07-2013), homeawayjsk (06-08-2013), tammyy2j (01-08-2013)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 01-08-2013 at 16:07.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    they should have had indi and romeo leave together
    Or she could have left to look for him and Sasha or Dexter could have said a brief mention that she found him and is with him

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-08-2013), homeawayjsk (06-08-2013), lizann (12-08-2013)

Thread Information