Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Soap, Drama and Spoiler Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: New Laptop

New Laptop

Folks looking to buy a new laptop, I've heard HP are the way to go especially with an I5 chip. Anyone support this or what would the reccommendations be??

How much or how little do you wish to spend
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydave View Post
    Folks looking to buy a new laptop, I've heard HP are the way to go especially with an I5 chip. Anyone support this or what would the reccommendations be??
    What are your requirements? It's a bit difficult to recommend something if we don't know what your main purpose is. I could recommend a Chromebook but if you're after a gaming laptop, a Chromebook won't be much use at all.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydave View Post
    What are your requirements? It's a bit difficult to recommend something if we don't know what your main purpose is. I could recommend a Chromebook but if you're after a gaming laptop, a Chromebook won't be much use at all.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Abigail i reemember posting on a thread you had started about Chrome books, i'm actually looking at a few HP laptops, few in mind. Just wondered if anyone had any reccommendations for an all rounder ....

I went for the Lenovo G580 in the end, and I wish I'd chosen something else. It's slow, doesn't autoplay discs and USBs and it freezes randomly. For a laptop with 6gb RAM, its slow to start up (at least 30 seconds) and it takes ages to open a program. Last night I had Chrome running, just general websites, no videos or downloads, and it took ten minutes to open VLC media player. I closed the program several times through the task manager and then put the disc back in the drive. It wouldn't even register the disc.

I've got a HP printer and that comes with a load of headaches trying to get it to work. I usually stick to Samsung or Toshiba for laptops, never had any problems with those. The Toshiba Satellite Pro range is excellent. My last two laptops were Satellite Pros and I had no problems with them. Lasted for 2-3 years each. Good all-rounders. Very resilient (I'm the person who is constantly spilling drinks on electricals) and easy to use
    Thanks CrazyLea

I went for the Lenovo G580 in the end, and I wish I'd chosen something else. It's slow, doesn't autoplay discs and USBs and it freezes randomly. For a laptop with 6gb RAM, its slow to start up (at least 30 seconds) and it takes ages to open a program. Last night I had Chrome running, just general websites, no videos or downloads, and it took ten minutes to open VLC media player. I closed the program several times through the task manager and then put the disc back in the drive. It wouldn't even register the disc.

I've got a HP printer and that comes with a load of headaches trying to get it to work. I usually stick to Samsung or Toshiba for laptops, never had any problems with those. The Toshiba Satellite Pro range is excellent. My last two laptops were Satellite Pros and I had no problems with them. Lasted for 2-3 years each. Good all-rounders. Very resilient (I'm the person who is constantly spilling drinks on electricals) and easy to use
    Thanks CrazyLea

We have three hp pavillion g6 in our house. Highly recomended by me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

deadlydave (13-04-2013)

Thanks Katy, appreciate it everyones comments.

Thread Information