Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EastEnders Spoilers Week 52 (24th - 27th December 2012)

trailer for xmas

trailer for xmas

so good (no really really good) i posted twice
    Last edited by lizann; 11-12-2012 at 23:48.

Coming up on EastEnders, Derek Branning provides his family with a Christmas to remember for all the wrong reasons.

Derek (Jamie Foreman) has already alienated most of his loved ones in recent months, and Max is the next person to turn against him when he learns of the bad boy's recent attempts to blackmail Tanya.

Max (Jake Wood) has a showdown with his older brother on December 24 and makes it clear that he wants nothing more to do with him once Christmas is over.

Furious over Max's attitude and determined to teach him a lesson, Derek hatches a plan to ruin Christmas for him in explosive fashion - by exposing his mysterious secret.

While full details of the storyline are being kept under wraps, viewers will see Derek get his scheme under way by making a phone call that could turn Max's world upside down…

© BBC

The next day, Derek turns up for the Branning family's Christmas dinner as planned, immediately making himself the centre of attention by promoting his position as head of the family.

There's an atmosphere of happy expectation for everyone when Max later hands Tanya (Jo Joyner) a wedding dress and she realises that he wants them to get married that day - a last-minute plan B after Lauren trashed plans for the original Christmas Eve ceremony.

© BBC

However, the mood in the house soon changes when Derek's plan falls into place and Max's world crashes down around him.

Max's past returns to haunt him thanks to Derek and everyone is stunned by the secret he's been hiding.

A massive argument then erupts between everyone and as Derek gloats about causing all the mess, it's clear that his relationship with his brothers has been destroyed forever.

© BBC

Can the family survive the big bombshell that has been dropped? And as it's no secret that Derek will be killed off, how exactly will he meet his maker?

EastEnders airs these scenes in an hour-long episode on Christmas Day at 8.45pm on BBC One.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3...#ixzz2FC0WXCdU

EastEnders star Shona McGarty has promised that the soap's Christmas Day episode will "shock" fans.

The actress's character Whitney Dean is present at the Branning clan's festive celebrations on December 25 as they invite their extended family to spend the day with them.

Viewers have been told to expect an explosive Christmas for the Brannings as Max's mysterious secret is finally revealed just as he is preparing to marry Tanya again.

McGarty told Take It Easy: "It was brilliant to watch Jo Joyner and Jake Wood do their scenes - they're just fantastic. I enjoyed the whole thing and there's a very exciting build-up. There are 18 people sitting at the dinner table, so you can imagine the drama!"

Asked how she felt when she first read the scripts, the actress replied: "Really shocked. It's fantastic though, and the outcome is going to shock the audience. There's going to be huge consequences to what happens on the day."

Whitney is currently in a relationship with Tyler Moon (Tony Discipline), but McGarty added that she isn't certain they belong together.

She said: "I'm not sure because she did kiss Joey. It's a bit awkward at the moment for her because she doesn't know what she wants. She wants to be happy and find 'the one', but I think she may still be looking."

EastEnders airs an hour-long episode on Christmas Day from 8.45pm on BBC One.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...#ixzz2FJR30Hkn

EastEnders' Tanya Cross is delighted in tonight's (December 25) hour-long episode as she discovers that Max has arranged for them to tie the knot on Christmas Day.

Tanya (Jo Joyner) was disappointed when she had to postpone her Christmas Eve wedding due to Lauren's destructive outburst, but Max has put a secret plan B into action in a bid to get things back on track.

When Max (Jake Wood) hands Tanya her Christmas gift, she is overwhelmed to see that it's a wedding dress. She is thrilled to realise what Max has planned for the day and preparations soon get under way for the ceremony.

However, with a vengeful Derek plotting to ruin Christmas for Max by exposing his mysterious secret, will the wedding actually go ahead?

EastEnders airs tonight at 8.45pm on BBC One.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...#ixzz2G2vcsXUy

'EastEnders': Kierston Wareing talks Kirsty Branning role

EastEnders newcomer Kierston Wareing has spoken about her top-secret role on the soap for the first time.

The BBC One show's hour-long Christmas Day episode saw Wareing arrive on screen as Kirsty Branning, who is the secret wife of established regular Max (Jake Wood).

© BBC

The actress has been filming with EastEnders since October, but show bosses kept her casting well under wraps so that fans would be surprised by the storyline twist.

Wareing explained: "I first knew about the role when I was filming in Morocco. I was checking my emails and I had one from my agent saying, 'EastEnders want to see you when you get back'.

"I went for a meeting with [executive producer] Lorraine Newman and [series consultant] Simon Ashdown, and they offered me the role there and then. I was ecstatic, I was like, 'Yes, yes, yes!' So I knew about it from April, then everything went very, very quiet for months and to be honest I thought, 'Are you sure they still want me?!'

"Then they came back in August, just before I started filming and then it all went very quickly. I always knew I'd be arriving on Christmas Day since I got the first call, and I started filming at the end of October."

She continued: "It was really weird doing my first scene - even though I have done things before, this was a show that I have grown up with as a child. Suddenly I'm on the Square and it's very surreal and I am seeing legendary characters like Sharon, who I have grown up watching - it's bizarre. And now I know her as Tish, and we're friends.

"Then there was another moment a few weeks later when I was sitting in The Vic and June Brown walked in, and it feels like you have literally jumped into your own TV set."

Due to the secrecy surrounding Kirsty's arrival, The Shadow Line and Top Boy actress Wareing even kept most of her loved ones in the dark about her new part.

"It has got hard the nearer it gets to the episodes going out, as it's exciting and nerve-wracking, and of course you would like to share it with people," Wareing commented.

"But the only people who know about it apart from my agent, are my dad - but he doesn't want to know the full ins and outs as he knows I have to keep it a secret - and my brother, so it has been hard.

© BBC

"I have been staying at a local hotel while I've been filming and I've been asked by people - often the taxi driver when he has dropped me off - what I am doing, and I have been telling them I am temping in the office. Or when they have seen scripts, I say I'm doing background work!"

Wareing also admitted that she is hoping EastEnders fans will have some sympathy for Kirsty as the storyline develops.

She said: "I love playing her, as there are a lot of places she can go, I feel. She has a lot of sides to her which is great, as there's a lot of directions she could go. We don't know much about her, so there is potential for a lot to come out about her.

"First of all I thought, 'What a bitch!', but there is a side that hopefully comes across where people will feel sorry for her, especially when you realise her situation - Max left her.

"I do like her - she is far from boring and I hope in the future there are lots more fight scenes, more bitchy arguments and more sobbing to come - a lot to get my teeth into!"

Kirsty's arrival ends a year's worth of speculation over Max's secret, which was finally exposed thanks to the scheming antics of his older brother Derek.

An EastEnders statement teased: "Kirsty is set to cause trouble for Max and Tanya. Will Max and Tanya's relationship survive, and will Kirsty want to give up her husband? One thing's for sure, Kirsty is fiery, flirty and does what she wants."

The show's Christmas episode also featured Jamie Foreman's final scenes as Derek, who suffered a huge heart attack following a dramatic showdown with his family.

EastEnders continues on Boxing Day (Wednesday, December 26) at 8.30pm on BBC One.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

deadlydave (26-12-2012), Glen1 (26-12-2012)

EastEnders' troubled Branning family try to put on a united front following Derek's death in tonight's (December 26) episode of the soap.

Still in shock over Derek's fatal heart attack, the Walford clan gather out on the Square in sombre moods on Boxing Day.

Alice (Jasmyn Banks) is distraught over her father's passing, while Abi (Lorna Fitzgerald) lays some flowers on the spot where he died. However, it's clear that some other members of the family aren't so devastated to see Derek gone.

Meanwhile, the other turbulent events of Christmas Day are also taking their toll on the Brannings. Could Derek's fate bring them together, or will it only serve to drive them further apart?

© BBC

EastEnders airs tonight at 8.30pm on BBC One.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...#ixzz2oZFL3ZPf

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

deadlydave (26-12-2012), Glen1 (26-12-2012)

Thread Information