Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale Spoilers 19 - 23 November

Cool Emmerdale Spoilers 19 - 23 November

400 Monday 19th November 7.00pm – 7.30pm • Jimmy fights his emotions and comes to a decision about the business • Cain’s tormented to see Debbie still struggling • Nikhil’s frustrated to miss out on Molly’s milestones

6401 Tuesday 20th November 7.00pm – 7.30pm • Charity’s determined to prove that Jimmy needs her onboard • Diane and Ashley are gobsmacked when Bernice returns to the village • Paddy’s unimpressed with Rhona’s choice of locum

6402 Wednesday 21st November 7.00pm – 7.30pm • Bernice creates waves, but holds her cards close to her chest • Paddy struggles to fight his insecurities and jealousy of the new vet • There’s tension in paradise for Katie and Declan

6403 Thursday 22nd November 7.00pm – 7.30pm • Katie and Declan’s escalating arguments end in disaster • Diane learns the truth about Bernice’s visit • Jimmy tries to hide his misgivings over working with ruthless Charity

6404 Thursday 22nd November 2012 8.00pm – 8.30pm • Declan desperately tries in vain to rescue Katie • Bernice doesn’t do herself any favours when she forgets about Gabby • Edna starts to panic about Tootsie’s health

6405 Friday 23rd November 2012 7.00pm – 7.30pm • Declan fears he’s made the situation worse – is it too late for Katie? • Edna’s heartbroken to learn that Tootsie may have cancer • Bernice pulls out all the stops to make it up to Gabby

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (06-11-2012), tammyy2j (05-11-2012)

No!! Not Tootsie. I hate seeing animals in soaps suffer Anyway, I'm looking forward to Bernice coming back. I don't really remember her because I was really young, but from what I've seen on Youtube, she seems like a good character

What's wrong with Declan , Katie only set robbie up but it was he who flung her against the stable wall and she only did that to show what he WAS doing OFF camera as it were ...

Yay Bernice is back finally

Bernice is trouble.

hope declan fails to rescue katie village could do without her

Emmerdale's Katie Macey returns home to the village following her honeymoon this evening (November 6), but disaster is just around the corner for the newlywed.

Katie will be at the centre of huge episodes later this month as dramatic scenes see her fall down a mineshaft, which could leave her life hanging in the balance.

Over the next few days, viewers will see Katie's fresh start turn slightly sour as she has more rows with Megan and even falls out with her good friend Gennie.

Katie's new husband Declan (Jason Merrells) is also left furious with her when he discovers that she set up Robbie with the damning CCTV footage a few weeks ago.

The revelation that Katie hasn't been entirely honest with him doesn't sit well with Declan, and leads to significant tension between the couple for quite some time.

However, following one particular argument with her husband, Katie is caught up in a big accident while they are both riding on quad bikes on some of the land near Home Farm.

Declan watches on in horror as Katie falls down a disused mineshaft, but will he be able to rescue his wife? Or is Katie in deep trouble?

More details on the storyline will be revealed later in the month, but Sammy Winward - who plays Katie - has described it as her biggest plot to date…

Emmerdale airs the accident on Thursday, November 22 at 7pm on ITV1.

Last edited by alan45; 11-11-2012 at 00:24.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Meanwhile, Emmerdale will soon air Bernice Blackstock's return scenes as she turns up at The Woolpack unexpectedly.

Arriving back in the village, an emotional Bernice (Samantha Giles) tries to compose herself before going through the pub's back door.

Diane (Elizabeth Estensen) is shocked by her daughter's sudden reappearance, especially when she breaks down in tears and admits that her marriage is in big trouble. It later emerges that Bernice has been having an affair…

© ITV

Bernice's ex-husband Ashley (John Middleton) is also stunned by her arrival and is sceptical over her intentions, declaring that he knows she isn't back due to any maternal instinct towards their daughter Gabby.

Fearful of Gabby enduring any more disruption to her life, Ashley and Laurel (Charlotte Bellamy) try to talk to Bernice about setting some ground rules where the youngster is concerned. However, Bernice says that she has no idea how long she'll be staying and won't be taking any lectures from them…

© ITV

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Tuesday, November 20 and Wednesday, November 21 at 7pm on ITV1.
    Last edited by alan45; 11-11-2012 at 00:24.

Emmerdale's Declan Macey is left distraught next week as his new wife Katie falls down a mineshaft just moments after a furious row with him.

The couple clash bitterly at Home Farm in the coming days, and when Declan heads off on a quad bike for some time alone, it sparks a terrible chain of events as Katie (Sammy Winward) climbs on another one to follow him.

While the pair are both out on the bikes, disaster strikes for Katie when she falls - quad and all - down a disused mine. Declan tries his best to rescue her, but when his efforts make the situation worse, things look incredibly bleak…

Here, Jason Merrells - who plays Declan - answers some quickfire questions about the storyline.

Is Declan's marriage to Katie already in trouble?
    "Well, there's a worm that has got into Declan's head now! It's about Katie lying to him over the whole Robbie situation and how she set him up to get rid of him. Even though what Robbie did was way beyond the pale, Declan has become a little bit fixated on the fact that Katie was dishonest.

"In a silly way, Declan had held Katie up as an icon of virtue, but now things have gone wrong and he's worrying that he can't trust her. Personally, I think it's a bit of a storm in a teacup, but like men can do sometimes, Declan runs away with it. He gets himself into a bigger argument than he intended, and it spirals out of control..."

Is that how the mineshaft storyline comes about?
    "Yes, Declan has been having another argument with Katie when he goes off on a quad bike. Basically, he storms out and goes off! Katie follows him on another bike and it all stems from there, building up to the moment where she falls into the mineshaft."

© ITV

How was the storyline filmed?
    "There were lots of different set-ups, so the team had to be quite clever about it. They dug a hole out on-location for the exterior scenes, and then we had the interior of the mine in the studio, which looked amazing. So it was all filmed in different stages and put together.

"Some bits weren't exactly as they seemed - we had to fake the depth of the mine at certain points, and pretend that the ground was uneven when really it wasn't, because to build an entire mineshaft would have been out of the question! We did our best and I think it will look really good on screen."

Were you blessed with good weather for the outdoor scenes?
    "It was actually really tough! It reminded me of the John Barton stunt that we did in winter, except that it wasn't minus five temperatures for this one! The conditions were tough, but I think that brings us together as a team."

How does Declan react after the accident?
    "Declan is absolutely in bits - he's a complete mess. He realises that he was being silly by arguing so much with Katie, and now he could have lost her completely. He goes into a meltdown about it."

Katie shouts up to Declan that he shouldn't leave her alone, but that's exactly what he does as he goes to get help. Is that a difficult choice to make?
    "I think that's a reasonably good decision that he makes. He feels bad about leaving Katie, but he has to do something because he has no phone.

"You'll see that Declan runs to the nearest farm, which is Moira's farm, and he gets a tractor to help rescue Katie himself. What he's doing is pretty logical and it's what most rescue teams would do - get a rope down there and tow her out.

© ITV

© ITV

"Unfortunately, Declan pulls the tractor too near the hole and there's a further collapse, which causes Katie to fall a bit deeper. So he feels even more guilty after that, because he's made things ten times worse…"

What happens next?
    "You'll see that things get very dark for Declan. Katie falls so far down that she disappears and they can't hear her anymore. In the end, there comes a point where the official rescue teams begin to slow down - they're starting to phase out the attempts to save Katie.

"Declan has very intense emotions - he just thinks that he's killed Katie. He spirals downwards into self-hatred as a result…

Thread Information