Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmerdale General News Thread

I'd love to see Kim Tate back especially for the 40th anniversary show

Ex-Emmerdale actor Seamus Gubbins has been arrested on suspicion of running a cannabis farm.

Gubbins, best known for portraying stalker Ray Mullan in ITV's rural soap, has pleaded guilty on the charge that he was using the Class B drug for his own use.

The value of the plant drug yield was between £12,500 and £24,800, according to the Daily Star.

The father-of-two, born in Ireland, could face a jail sentence as long as two years.

Judge David Fletcher adjourned the case, acknowledging that Gubbins could have used his 25 plants for commercial purposes.

"There is undoubtedly a set-up which is capable of something more adventurous," he said.

"You have entered a guilty plea and the court now has to decide where the level of your guilt lies."

The 47-year-old has also had small roles in other long-running drama serials including Doctors, The Bill and Casualty.

His most recent soap part was in Waterloo Road in 2009. He also starred in BBC One's 32 Brinkburn Street last year.

Gubbins also played a minor role in Robin Williams's 1994 movie Being Human.

Ex-Emmerdale actor Seamus Gubbins has been arrested on suspicion of running a cannabis farm.

Gubbins, best known for portraying stalker Ray Mullan in ITV's rural soap, has pleaded guilty on the charge that he was using the Class B drug for his own use.

The value of the plant drug yield was between £12,500 and £24,800, according to the Daily Star.

The father-of-two, born in Ireland, could face a jail sentence as long as two years.

Judge David Fletcher adjourned the case, acknowledging that Gubbins could have used his 25 plants for commercial purposes.

"There is undoubtedly a set-up which is capable of something more adventurous," he said.

"You have entered a guilty plea and the court now has to decide where the level of your guilt lies."

The 47-year-old has also had small roles in other long-running drama serials including Doctors, The Bill and Casualty.

His most recent soap part was in Waterloo Road in 2009. He also starred in BBC One's 32 Brinkburn Street last year.

Gubbins also played a minor role in Robin Williams's 1994 movie Being Human.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Emmerdale legend Claire King has said that she would reprise her iconic role as Kim Tate.

However, the actress, who played the soap superbitch between 1989 and 1999, admitted that she would probably only return "for a week".

When asked whether she will ever reappear in Emmerdale, she answered: "I don't know. Obviously the first time I died and then it turned out to be mistaken identity on the slab.

"And then I went back and beat my husband over the head with a billiard cue and then she fled in a helicopter very much alive and well.

"Her name is still on the title deeds of Home Farm, which I find highly amusing, considering there are all these people who keep romping through my house.

"It would be great to go back for a week, create mayhem and then bugger off again!"

The 49-year-old is appearing in Hollyoaks for a guest stint as a prison governor later this month.

The star is also recognised from her time on popular ITV drama Bad Girls, in which she played Karen Betts.
    Former Emmerdale star Claire King has claimed that there is a lack of roles for older women in television.

The actress, who recently had a cameo in Hollyoaks as a prison governor, praised soaps for being one of the few genres which includes strong female characters.

© Lime Pictures

"There isn't enough drama on TV and when there is, the roles for women over 40 are few and far between, so then you've got hundreds, if not thousands all going for the same role," PA quotes her as saying.

"I think soaps are good for women because they always write for strong women. That's always been the case in Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Hollyoaks as well.

"I think it's very good for those, but as far as drama's concerned, the roles are definitely few and far between and you start becoming invisible after 35 if your boobs aren't as pert as they were and you're not a size 8. It just seems to be about looks these days.

"I'd like to see it change, because we've seen Desperate Housewives - they're all in their 40s - you can write for older women and it's just as interesting as having young kids."

King, who played Kim Tate on Emmerdale, recently revealed that she would consider making a brief return to the soap.

Emmerdale legend Chris Chittell is re-attempting a 200-mile Scotland walk for charity.

The 64-year-old actor, who has played Eric Pollard in the rural soap since 1986, will begin the trek from Fort William to Cape Wrath tomorrow (August 31) in aid of the Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research charity.

Last September, Chittell was rescued by a helicopter and the walk was abandoned after a fellow challenger tore his Achilles tendon while jumping a stream.

The star had originally hoped to complete the challenge in April, but nobody was available.

Chittell told the Daily Record: "When we rescheduled for April, I ended up Billy-no-mates for one reason or another and I did the West Highland Way instead.

"We're leaving again on Friday and hopefully we'll be able to overcome the vast amount of bogs, zillions of midges and other obstacles to cover two weeks' worth of walking in seven days.

"Scotland is beautiful and amazing and on our doorstep."

Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has revealed that she nearly married her fiancé in Dubai last month.

The 35-year-old actress, best known for playing Chas Dingle in the ITV soap, has been engaged to football coach Rudi Coleano for eight years.

Speaking to The Sun, Pargeter explained that she eventually decided against the idea to pacify friends and family.

"We were in Dubai about a month ago and we said, 'Sod it, while we're here, let's do it'," the star recalled.

"Then I thought all our mates would be like, 'Oh cheers, thanks for the invite'."

The couple are parents to 7-year-old daughter Lola.

Pargeter's Emmerdale alter ego Chas is set to go down the aisle with Dan Spencer in next month's special 40th anniversary week.

Earlier this year, Pargeter spoke out for the first time about her use of plastic surgery, disclosing that she had had two boob jobs, liposuction and Botox.

Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has revealed that she nearly married her fiancé in Dubai last month.

The 35-year-old actress, best known for playing Chas Dingle in the ITV soap, has been engaged to football coach Rudi Coleano for eight years.

Speaking to The Sun, Pargeter explained that she eventually decided against the idea to pacify friends and family.

"We were in Dubai about a month ago and we said, 'Sod it, while we're here, let's do it'," the star recalled.

"Then I thought all our mates would be like, 'Oh cheers, thanks for the invite'."

The couple are parents to 7-year-old daughter Lola.

Pargeter's Emmerdale alter ego Chas is set to go down the aisle with Dan Spencer in next month's special 40th anniversary week.

Earlier this year, Pargeter spoke out for the first time about her use of plastic surgery, disclosing that she had had two boob jobs, liposuction and Botox.

Looking forward to the live one hour anniversary special tonight ( Wed ).
    There is a follow up programme to this episode on ITV2 8:00pm Emmerdale Live:The Fallout

Stephen Mulhern goes behind the scenes to get reactions to the live episode from the cast and crew.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to N.Fan For This Useful Post:

alan45 (17-10-2012)

Did anyone else notice that Stephen Mulhern said to the actor who plays Jimmy King that he is the last of the Kings,what about his wife and daughter who are also Kings.

A 3-year-old girl who starred on Emmerdale as a baby has died after her dress caught alight on a gas fire.

Sophie Firth, who appeared as Jimmy and Nicola King's daughter Angelica for three months in 2009, passed away on Tuesday (December 11) after nine days in hospital, the Daily Mail reports.

Firth was at her grandmother's home when the tragic accident occurred on December 2. She and her family were staying at the house in Skellow, South Yorkshire while their own nearby residence was being renovated.

Reports suggest that the youngster suffered 70% burns and later lost her battle to survive after developing a blood infection.

Firth's uncle Mick Harhoff commented: "Sophie was such a lovely little girl and she was exceptionally bright. She always used to say that she wanted to be a princess. You do expect that one day you may bury your parents but you never expect to bury a child."

Nicola Wheeler, who plays Emmerdale's Nicola, tweeted this week: "Tonight there is a star that burns a little more brightly. xxx"

The role of Angelica is currently played by Rebecca Bakes.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2EwhuKHFe

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (13-12-2012), tammyy2j (13-12-2012)

Thread Information