Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Dancing On Ice 2012

Gutted that Heidi went because no more Andrei. I was surprised to see Sebastien in the skate off I expected it to be Andy and Sam. Poor Chemmey she is a good skater but not popular with the public.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I hope Jorgie doesn't win it overall, she has been top/nearly top of the leaderboard from the start. I like to see the celebrities progress. Hope that Matthew and Chico chase her on the leaderboard. I feel sorry for Chemmey as well.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Sam Nixon has become the latest celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice.

The CBBC host was voted out of the ITV skating competition after landing in the bottom two with Chico when viewer votes and judges' scores for their 'rock' routines were combined.

In the judges' vote, Louie Spence, Robin Cousins and Katarina Witt all praised the pair for their improved skate-off performances, but unanimously elected to eliminate Nixon.

In registering his verdict, Spence told Chico: "You really took on board what we said about that finesse", while Cousins said that Chico managed to "step up that little bit more".

Speaking to hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley, Nixon said that he had an "absolutely awesome" time on Dancing on Ice.

"This experience has been absolutely awesome, what a privilege to be taught how to skate by Torvill and Dean," he said, before turning to pro partner Alexandra Schauman and saying: "This woman here has been absolutely awesome."

In return, Torvill and Dean described Nixon as "such a joy to work with" and congratulated him on his progress.

Nixon's hosting partner Mark Rhodes was eliminated from the show five weeks ago.

Dancing on Ice returns with a special team challenge next Sunday (March 4) on ITV1.

Emmerdale's Matthew Wolfenden is aiming to complete the dangerous headbanger skating move on Dancing on Ice.

Wolfenden is one of the bookmakers' favourites to win the reality series, but is facing competition from Jorgie Porter and X Factor's Chico.

According to the Daily Star, the soap actor is planning to take on the challenge of becoming only the show's second man ever to complete the move.

The headbanger involves the male dancer swinging their partner from their ankles and usually features their partner's head being swung only inches away from the ice.

Jorgie Porter became the latest female to take on the headbanger with her partner Matt Evers earlier in the series.

2011 Dancing on Ice champion Sam Attwater became the first male celebrity to complete the move with pro Brianne Delcourt during last year's series.

Dancing on Ice continues this Sunday on ITV1.

Andy Whyment has become the ninth celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice.

The Coronation Street actor, who has finished bottom of the judges' leaderboard for the last two weeks, faced off against Chemmy Alcott in the final vote.

Whyment predicted his exit immediately after the skate-off and was proven right when the panel of Louie Spence, Katarina Witt and Robin Cousins voted to save Alcott.

In giving her verdict, Witt told the soap star that he "should be very proud" of his progress, while Cousins said that he had been "great to watch throughout the series".

Spence called the voting to a close by explaining that in his eyes Alcott "did shine a little bit more".

Speaking to hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley after the decision, Whyment described Dancing on Ice as an "absolutely amazing time" and said that professional partner Vicky Ogden would be "a friend for life".

He also thanked Corrie bosses for letting him appear on the show and said he was "looking forward to spending some quality time with [his] wife and kids".

Alcott ended up in the skate-off despite having her points from the judges doubled for winning the team challenge with Jorgie Porter and Jennifer Ellison, putting her in second place before the public vote.

Dancing on Ice returns for a circus-themed props week next Sunday (March 11) at 7.15pm on ITV1.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Dancing on Ice returns for a circus-themed props week next Sunday (March 11) at 7.15pm on ITV1.
    Looking forward to next week. Enjoyed the Team Challenge yesterday, I wanted the boys team to win it but agreed with the judges that the girls team was slightly better. Am following Dancing on Ice properly for the first time in years, and am enjoying the challenges and tasks put to the celebrities, and I like most of the celebrities too
    Last edited by megan999; 05-03-2012 at 14:58.

Quote Originally Posted by megan999 View Post
    Looking forward to next week. Enjoyed the Team Challenge yesterday, I wanted the boys team to win it but agreed with the judges that the girls team was slightly better. Am following Dancing on Ice properly for the first time in years, and am enjoying the challenges and tasks put to the celebrities, and I like most of the celebrities too
    I wonder what props they will have? The hat usually causes problems if they have one. Maybe a Ringmasters hat?!

Chemmy Alcott has become the latest celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice.

The champion ski racer landed in the bottom two when public votes and judges' scores were combined for a fourth week, this time facing off against Chico.

After the skate-off, panelist Katarina Witt declared that the decision to eliminate one of them was "very difficult", but ultimately chose to save Alcott.

However, Louie Spence tied up the vote by giving his backing to Chico, and Robin Cousins sent Alcott home after declaring that her opponent still "had that spark" about him.

As Chico fell to his knees in relief, Alcott skated over to hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley for her exit interview.

"I feel gutted because I love this competition," she admitted. "But everyone's a lovely skater out there and I've just had so much fun."

Alcott then dedicated her Dancing on Ice stint to "everyone out there who's overcome adversity", saying that she couldn't have imagined competing on the show after fracturing her leg in a skiing crash in December 2010.

"This time last year I was on crutches, I couldnt walk and now I've done this," she beamed.

Chico, Jennifer Ellison, Matthew Wolfenden and Jorgie Porter are left to compete in next week's semi-final, which will see them take part in a solo skills test. It was also announced that the contestant who finishes top of the leaderboard will automatically progress to the final.

Dancing on Ice continues Sunday (March 18) at 7pm on ITV1.

IMO Jorgie should have gone home. She only had one prop to handle. Sure she looked beautiful when she skated, but the other celebrities had a more difficult time with multiple props.

Quote Originally Posted by megan999 View Post
    IMO Jorgie should have gone home. She only had one prop to handle. Sure she looked beautiful when she skated, but the other celebrities had a more difficult time with multiple props.
    It's not like she chooses the prop or the choreography though. They gave her a routine and she performed it as well as she could, which was pretty good actually! Methinks they decided to give her a 'bad' week on purpose a) so more people phone in and b) so it looks like more of a competition and not just about her and Matthew.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Thread Information