Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Three new characters to join Hollyoaks

Hollyoaks star Scarlett Bowman has revealed that her character Maddie Morrison is to fall for mysterious Callum Kane in a forthcoming storyline.

The actress explained that there is a change ahead for her mischievous alter ego after her recent meddling in Bart McQueen and Sinead O'Connor's on-off relationship.

Maddie has attended sixth form college with Callum since September. However, Callum has often kept himself to himself and refused to interact with his fellow students.

Bowman told OK Magazine: "Maddie's a bit of a gossip girl, always in trouble with the lads. Right now, she's causing a lot of mayhem with her rival Sinead, who's had a thing with her ex-boyfriend Bart.

"But I can let slip that Maddie and Callum are going to get a little closer. They're an unlikely couple, but that's where Maddie shows her vulnerability - she really falls for him. He's cool, but he's got his eye on someone else!"

Laurie Duncan, who plays Callum, added: "Callum's not exactly desperate for any relationship, he's much too introverted and likes to keep himself to himself and read his poetry - which unfortunately seems to make him all the more alluring to some of the ladies!"

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4 and 7pm for the first look on E4.

Hollyoaks star Craig Vye has thanked the soap's bosses for an "amazing year" after bowing out as Ethan Scott.

Last night, viewers saw Ethan's final scenes on the Channel 4 show as the guilt of his hit and run crime became too much to bear - prompting him to hand himself in.

Writing on Twitter this morning, Vye commented: "In response to all your tweets, I'm afraid to say that Ethan has left Hollyoaks. I feel very sad, I love the show and everyone involved.

"I wanna thank all at Lime Pictures and Hollyoaks for an amazing year. I will never forget my time on the show. It's the best job ever.

"I believe there was a lot more to explore with Ethan and the door is always open in my mind, but it was just my time to move on. I wanna say a massive, massive thank you to all my followers and supporters, you've been incredible and you've made me feel really valued.

"I have BIG love for all of you who have followed me over this journey and watch this space because there will be some exciting stuff coming up for me next year!"

Vye continued: "Most of all I'm gonna miss my lovely friends at Lime Pictures, the staff, the cast and the crew. You guys and Liverpool rock."

Ethan joined Hollyoaks in December 2010 and quickly found himself in a love triangle with Liberty Savage (Abi Phillips) and Theresa McQueen (Jorgie Porter). His personal life became even more complicated in the summer as he added Rae Wilson (Alice Barlow) to his list of girlfriends.

The character's work as a police detective also regularly saw him at odds with village bad boys Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan) and Warren Fox (Jamie Lomas).

Craig Vye has revealed that his "dream" acting role would be the lead in William Shakespeare's Hamlet.

The former Hollyoaks actor explained that the role would be the "most challenging", and that it is a big "ambition" for him in the future.

"A dream acting role, and the most challenging role for me, is Hamlet," he told PA.

"If I could get the chance to play Hamlet in a production, I think all my dreams would come true. That is definitely an ambition of mine at some point."

Vye filmed his final scenes as policeman Ethan Scott for Hollyoaks last week, and added that he found his stint on the soap "fun". However, he said that he is now looking forward to doing more theatre work.

"I started off joining a local youth theatre when I was 11. It gave me an incredible foundation and grounding and taught me everything about different aspects of acting and performance.

"I did TV work when I was younger until I trained at the Royal Academy of Art. I'll do anything I can get my hands on really - I've done everything from theatre, TV and film and I'm passionate about all mediums. Theatre is one of my first loves.

"It's just so immediate and you can seek out the audience. I'd definitely like to do more of that in the future. I like doing it all. If I can manage to do it, then I will."

Vye recently said it was another ambition of his to play a television cop before starring in Hollyoaks.

Hollyoaks star Anna Shaffer has admitted that she wants her character Ruby Button to maintain her latest romance.

Viewers have recently seen Ruby pursue a relationship with sixth former Jono (Dylan Llewellyn), who was introduced to the soap last summer.

However, whether the couple are built to last remains to be seen, as Ruby is motivated by a desire to climb the social ladder by joining the sixth form gang - while Jono is looking for any opportunity to brag to his friends.

Shaffer told OK Extra of the storyline: "You're left wondering whether they will get together. She's spent a year being horrible to everyone, so it would be good if she settled down and started having a nice time with Jono."

"[Ruby] is a tart with a heart, but she finds it hard to trust people," she continued. "She has deep-seated insecurities and she feels quite lonely."

Shaffer added that she is still enjoying life at Hollyoaks after starring on the show for just over a year.

"It's been the best year of my life," she said. "It was daunting, but I've made great friends too. I live with Jorgie Porter and we're really close.

"We watch trashy telly like the Kardashians. We can't cook, but we love Marks and Spencer's food because you can just shove it in the oven and it tastes amazing!"

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4 with a first look screening at 7pm on E4.

Hollyoaks will film more episodes out on location in Abersoch later this year, it has been revealed.

The soap's sixth form characters will head back to the Welsh seaside resort this summer for more fun in the sun.

Hollyoaks bosses announced the news on the show's Facebook page this afternoon (March 6).

© Lime Pictures

© Lime Pictures

The Channel 4 drama previously aired special Abersoch episodes last June, which introduced the characters of Tilly (Lucy Dixon), Jono (Dylan Llewellyn) and Maddie (Scarlett Bowman).

Sinead (Stephanie Davis), Bart (Jonny Clarke), Ruby (Anna Shaffer) and Esther (Jazmine Franks) all headed off to the resort to party with the trio, but the trip ended badly when Sinead almost drowned after getting drunk on the beach.

Storyline details for the return to Abersoch will be revealed later this year.

Thread Information