Page 141 of 1083 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 10825

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - IV

Quote Originally Posted by sean slater View Post
    Chesney really doesnt have a clue, how can they both be so naive that having a baby is going to be so wonderful?! and what is Kirk playing at encouraging it. Oh dear.
    You have to remember that Kirk is not the sharpest tool in the box. Years ago, Chesney was reckoned to be a child genius. He is well lacking in common sense now thinking he can run a flat on his market trader's money.

The John Stape story is keeping me hooked on Corrie at the moment, but I do think Eddie's exit was a load of rubbish.

Last week seen the return of Dennis and Marcus.

Norris seemed very miffed that Rita was happy to let Dennis stay with her.

Shaun cannot see what is in front of him. All the girls new Marcus had come back for him.

Amy has been watching Tracy to much. The little minx is playing them both.

I hope Faye goes soon

What a mixed episode tonight. Crap - The sad demise of John Stape in an increasingly dire storyline. If the police were so worried about him being on the run and liable to return to Fiz why didnt they post a guard on the house. One of the first things they should have done was search the house including the attic. What a sad end and crap storyline for Graeme Hawley as John.

Excellent - The social workers and Becky was superbly acted. I could almost feel a tear for her and Steve, even though it was Steve who grassed her up. Its just a pity she takes her revenge on Traceyluv and not on Devilboy.

I'm sorry to sort of disagree with you, Alan...

Although I agree Becky acted superbly I think the storyline itself was crap. In my humble opinion there is absolutely no way that Social Services would have taken Max away from Becky and Steve at that point. Firstly it is obvious that Max is happy where he is and well cared for and well looked after. He is not at risk in any way. It is in his best interests that, at least for the time being, until the 'thorough investigation' takes place, that he should stay where he is and not uproot him. Secondly, Becky is his aunt, so she is a close relative, better than a foster family. And thirdly, it would cost Social Services money to remove Max to a foster home. In these cash strapped times for local councils they would do all they could to avoid having to do that.

Funnily enough this is what I was thinking as the story unfolded. When the episode ended, my wife, who worked in the child and adolescent field and had spent most of her working life working with social workers in the care of children said, "What a pile of poo!" And then went on to say exactly what I had been thinking from her experience.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-06-2011)

Can someone answer where Schmiechael is with all this carry on with John. He's not allowed in Fiz's house and chesney has been held hostage so who's been looking after him.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Perdita (02-06-2011), tammyy2j (02-06-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Can someone answer where Schmiechael is with all this carry on with John. He's not allowed in Fiz's house and chesney has been held hostage so who's been looking after him.
    I was wondering that too

Coronation Street's Katherine Kelly has admitted that she found it "horrendous" filming the scenes when social services took Max away from Becky and Steve.

Speaking to the ITV soap's official website, Kelly discussed shooting the scenes, seen in last night's episode, after it is discovered that the couple paid Becky's sister Kylie (Paula Lane) to keep her son.

"Filming the scenes when they took Max away were just horrendous," the actress confessed. "Absolutely heartbreaking, on both levels.

"Little Harry is such a gorgeous boy and I'm going to miss him so much. He brightens mine and Simon's [Gregson] world and now we're not going to see him anymore. So as you can imagine, that's an awful thing to happen and I wasn't looking forward to the day we filmed that, I'll tell you!"

Discussing the impact of events on Becky, she continued: "It was so heartbreaking for Becky. This is it. You know, she's lost her own flesh and blood. Her only chance of flesh and blood and she can just imagine him crying that night for her and... oh, I don't even want to go there!"

However, Becky remains unaware that it was her husband Steve (Simon Gregson) who purposely made social services suspicious of the arrangement.

"How will Becky react when she finds out that Steve did it? I'm not telling you!" Kelly teased. "You're going to have to watch. I will tell you that she doesn't find out [tonight] - she makes one final attempt to get Max back.

"There are plenty of suspects. Let's say, she basically just goes through the list - because she will find out who did it. Steve would be the last person on earth that she would think would do that to her, and he did - how could you, Steve?"

Kelly, who will depart the show early next year, recently admitted that she asked for Becky not to be killed off.

So anyway, last night's episode finished on a real cliff-hanger, with Fiz being run over and lying in the street. Is she dead? Seriously injured? What? Tune in to the next episode to find out.

Immediately afterwards they showed clips from tonight's episode showing that Fiz is OK. Duh!!!

Thread Information