Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Viv to leave Emmerdale

ITV Interview with Nick the Arsonist

Shame Viv does not even get a funeral in the village

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Shame Viv does not even get a funeral in the village
    Wed 19th

Meanwhile, the villagers begin funeral arrangements for the victims of the fire,
    Thurs 20th 1900

Andy agrees to go to the funeral with Ryan, but as the villagers file into the church, they're surprised to see him. As the coffin is carried in, Andy is met by angry mourners who demand that he should leave.

Thursday 20th 2000

After the funeral, ........
    Mmmmm it seems that there is at least one funeral. I can hardly see ITV having a funeral for Terry and not for Viv. Isnt Vivs previous husband buried in the village

Obviously not though, otherwise Deena would not have mentioned it in her interview

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Obviously not though, otherwise Deena would not have mentioned it in her interview
    It seems strange though doesnt it. She must have annoyed the bosses at ITV. Maybe something to do with her time off.

She definately does deserve better

Viv should be buried in Emmerdale with Vic

Surely Donna and Scott and the twins will inherit the shop and cafe not Kelly as she isnt Viv's real daughter but I dont think Scott or Donna are returning (they could recast the roles as the others werent that missed)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Viv should be buried in Emmerdale with Vic

Surely Donna and Scott and the twins will inherit the shop and cafe not Kelly as she isnt Viv's real daughter but I dont think Scott or Donna are returning (they could recast the roles as the others werent that missed)
    I agree but then again we know Kelly is returning so no doubt the scriptwriters will write the storyline so as she benefits.

I didnt think Bob and Viv were actually divorced yet

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    It seems strange though doesnt it. She must have annoyed the bosses at ITV. Maybe something to do with her time off.

She definately does deserve better
    No, she definItely deserves better

Deena Payne has revealed she doesn't watch Emmerdale any more.

The actress spent 18 years on the soap playing feisty mini-skirted postmistress Viv Hope before her character died in a fire which swept through the village.

But Deena doesn't spend her evenings tuning in to keep tabs on her former co-stars in the Dales.

When asked if she still watched the soap, Deena told OK! magazine: "I don't any more!"

She added: "I felt sad to leave everyone and I really miss Viv because I feel I put quite a bit into making the character. I was quite tearful on my last day."

Deena - whose dramatic storylines on Emmerdale included a plane crash, a hostage scenario and the post office being blown up - admitted she particularly missed acting alongside Tony Audenshaw, who plays Bob Hope.

She added: "But it's weird because when you work on a soap, you sometimes don't see each other for months, so I still feel like I'm part of it."

Deena Payne has claimed that she has "got her life back" following her Emmerdale exit.

The actress left the ITV1 soap in January, when Viv Windsor became one of the two victims of a devastating blaze. Speaking to Channel 5's OK! TV, Payne admitted that she was enjoying her chance to spend time at home.

"Oh I love it, I love it. I'm just indulging at being at home," she said. "I've painted my healing room and I've made curtains, cushions and everything. I'm just being a mum and enjoying it. I've got my life back.

"You did have a bit of a life [on the soap], but it was always constricted. You know, you go on holiday with a load of scripts."

Speaking about her 18 years in the role, she said: "I loved it, I loved it. The challenges that I had and making the character - getting involved with [her] and making it work. I was always given challenges and I hope I rose to those challenges. I really enjoyed working on it and I loved the crew, I got on well with everybody, all the directors - mainly!

Discussing her exit, Payne confessed that her exit had "hurt" for a while but said that was beginning to "heal".

"I didn't want to leave, but it was the right time if ever I had to," she said. "My contract just wasn't renewed. It came at the right time."

DS

Thread Information