EMMERDALE hate figure Sian Reeves has taken to wearing a blonde wig to avoid being recognised by angry fans.
She plays deranged marriage-wrecker Sally Spode, who has done her best to split up vicar Ashley Thomas and his wife Laurel.

When Sian goes out in real life she's been facing mounting anger from the ITV1 soap's viewers over her on-screen campaign to make Ashley fall in love with her.

She said: "It's been quite frightening. I've been travelling in a blonde Britney Spears-style wig recently and I look awful, but it doesn't matter, because nobody recognises me and I feel much safer."

Trouble maker ... Sally and Ashley in Emmerdale scene
Former Cutting It star Sian, 45, said she was recently told, "You're a *********g bitch" by a pizza delivery man bringing an order to her hotel room.

She said: "I was straight out of the shower and in my towel. It was the last thing I expected. It was shocking."

On trains people get up and move to get away from her, while late-night revellers shout at her.

She said: "Even when I sat in first class a woman came up and said, 'My husband can't stand you. I just thought I'd let you know,' and then walked off."

Sian - nominated for Villain of the Year in this year's British Soap Awards - said "nobody makes eye contact" with her in shops.

"It's been quite frightening at times. I had one man run right up to me.

Noise

"I was so shocked I just made this terrible noise and ran off to the toilets to put on my wig."

She added: "It's been brilliant on one level, because the Sally character has obviously worked well.

"She's clearly got a screw loose and people hate her, but it's come at a cost."

Sian, who is leaving the ITV soap soon, set about trying to ruin the marriage of old flame of Ashley and Laurel (Charlotte Bellamy) when she joined the cast as Sally last year.

Off-screen, she and Charlotte are good pals - but when they go out together they "get stared at a lot".

Sian said: "People come up to Charlotte and say, 'Are you out your mind? She's after your husband!'"

On-screen, scheming Sally's even tried to bump off Laurel by locking her in the church and torching it - but her terror reign ends soon.

On April 2, she and Laurel fight when Sally claims to be carrying Ashley's baby.

Advertisement

Sally ends up being dangled over a balcony by her legs. Viewers must wait to see if Laurel drops her. Sian - who lives in London with her boyfriend and daughter, 14 - is about to record a series of BBC3 drama Lunch Monkeys.

She has been sounded out about going on next year's Dancing on Ice, but was wary because she still suffers after breaking 21 ribs falling through a stage trapdoor in 2008. However, Sian says: "If they asked me, I'd do it."

She's also been on EastEnders and City Lights, but is best known as Sydney Henshall in Cutting It.

Sian is pals with cast members from the hair salon series, including Amanda Holden and Sarah Parish.

She said: "We've always thought there should be a spin-off. After a year as Sally it would be good to play somebody nice again!

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0itdyXg6C