Thread: Kym Marsh, Jamie Lomas end relationship

Kym Marsh, Jamie Lomas end relationship

Former Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas and Coronation Street's Kym Marsh have ended their 15-month relationship, it has been confirmed.

The couple, who went public with their romance at 2008's Inside Soap Awards launch, had been living together in Norton Village, Cheshire in recent months but have now parted ways.

A Corrie spokesperson this afternoon said: "Jamie has moved out of Kym's house in Cheshire. There is no-one else involved and neither party wish to comment at this time."

In November last year, the pair were said to be engaged. The rumours were sparked after Marsh, best known for her role as Weatherfield's Michelle Connor, confirmed that she was considering marriage amid reports that she had been pushing for a long-term commitment.

A month later, the soap stars revealed that they were expecting a child together, but they were soon hit by tragedy when their baby boy Archie died shortly after being born 18 weeks premature in February.

Marsh's romance with Lomas, who played Hollyoaks' Warren Fox for three years, came following the breakdown of her six-year marriage to Jack Ryder.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...ationship.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Cheesytoots (08-10-2009)

This is really sad news. They seemed to be really happy together and they have been through a lot with baby Archie's death. I feel sorry for kym's children as they have barely had time to adjust over the part two years. I can only wish them all the best for the future and hope they all find happiness, whether it be together or not.

It was obvious from the start - he moved in months after she split with husband - sorry they lost the baby and everything, but I can't say I'm surprised

Not surprising but sad all the same, both have had a lot of tragedy to cope with this past year. Kym was barely out of her marriage with Jack Ryder when she jumped into another one with Jamie. The best thing Kym can do is give herself some time alone with her two kids before she jumps into another relationship.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Former Hollyoaks star Jamie Lomas has been tipped to concentrate on his US career ambitions following his split from Coronation Street's Kym Marsh.

The couple announced yesterday that they had ended their 15-month relationship and no other parties were involved.

It is thought that Lomas has been considering the future of his acting career in recent months and will now plough ahead with plans to secure roles across the pond.

A source told The Sun: "It always seemed a bit odd that he was thinking of cracking the States when [Kym's] work is in Manchester. He must have known the writing was on the wall."

Lomas left his role as Hollyoaks' Warren Fox in March after three years with the soap.

Meanwhile, Marsh has repeatedly pledged her future to playing Weatherfield's Michelle Connor. Earlier this year, it was claimed that she had put her Cheshire home on the market because she wants to live closer to the show's Manchester set.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...rsh-split.html

The USA is going to be full of British ex-soap stars, but how many will actuall manage to make their name over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Not surprising but sad all the same, both have had a lot of tragedy to cope with this past year. Kym was barely out of her marriage with Jack Ryder when she jumped into another one with Jamie. The best thing Kym can do is give herself some time alone with her two kids before she jumps into another relationship.
    So true I can't believe all the drama that has been surrounded with this story, it is so sad about the loss of their baby, but I think she needs to concentrate on the 2 kids she has and make some kind of stable life for them before inviting another man into their lives.

The relationship happened to quickly to start with

It seemed that way

Coronation Street's Kym Marsh has reportedly told friends that she is "destroyed" by her split from Jamie Lomas.

The 33-year-old actress, best known for her role as Michelle Connor on the ITV1 soap, is said to be shocked that her relationship with the former Hollyoaks star ended.

According to Now magazine, Marsh told her loved ones: "I wanted marriage, babies, the works. I never thought this would happen in a million years. In the end, it was like living with a stranger and then he suddenly wanted out. I'm destroyed by it."

An insider added: "When she spoke about wedding bells last year, Kym really meant it - this relationship was for keeps.

"They weren't getting on, but she still loved him, so she stuck by him. But it was Jamie who split them up. It's best in the long run, but for the moment the wounds are very fresh for Kym."

The pair went public with their romance at 2008's Inside Soap Awards launch. News of their split was announced earlier this month.

Lomas, who played villain Warren Fox on Hollyoaks for three years, is now said to be planning a US acting career.

It is shame that it ended but I wondered how could it work considering how they got together in the first place.

I am sure in time or a few months she will be with someone new, I can't see her staying in crying for long

Thread Information