Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 6 - Spoilers/Casting/Rumours

OMG!!! I seriously want to know who Mike marries, I hope it is Susan but knowing my luck it will be Katherine and then he will have an affair with Susan, and most likely Katherine gets pregnant.

The niece of Gabrielle just reminds me of a young Gabrielle.

well if she is like a young gaby then it will be interesting viewing
    Maisie Mouse

Sixty-nine-year-old Kathryn Joosten is getting her first sex scene as crusty Mrs. McCluskey on Season 6 of Desperate Housewives -and the lady's willing to let it all hang out. Before climbing into bed with her new boy toy, Roy (played by 81-year-old Orson Bean), Kathryn was summoned to the wardrobe trailer. "They had all these old-lady nighties hanging there," Kathryn gripes. "I said, 'I'm not going to wear a nightie. We're supposed to be in bed getting it on!'" After some discussion with producers, Kathryn was allowed to perform her sexy scene wearing only a skimpy flesh-colored body stocking. But don't expect the wild full-on senior sex we saw on HBO's canceled Tell Me You Love Me. The couple is shown postcoital. "He's asleep and I'm looking at him," Kathryn says. "I convinced the director to let me do one take holding a cigarette, but I'm sure they won't use it."

Mike married
    Spoiler:
    Susan

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

angel_eyes87 (28-09-2009)

Drea de Matteo Interview

Drea de Matteo's addition to the cast of Desperate Housewives is somewhat of a cosmic punchline for the actress.

First of all, get this: She's a huge fan of the show. "For some reason, the real prissy homemakers appeal to me the most," she says, singling out Marcia Cross' Bree and Dana Delany's Katherine. "I'm obsessed with their wardrobes."

Plus, she remembers a time when she considered giving up acting altogether and wished she could just get a gig on a long-running TV show, and specifically mentioned Housewives. Lastly, when her longtime boyfriend, musician Shooter Jennings, proposed to de Matteo recently, the marriage-averse actress replied, "You're not going to make a f---ing Desperate Housewife out of me." As Mary-Alice might say in a ghostly voiceover: The very next day came the call that executive producer Marc Cherry wanted to video-conference with her.

It's an interesting marriage of actor, character and show for sure, in that de Matteo has made her name as the go-to tough-tawkin' broad on The Sopranos and Joey, and Desperate Housewives has a certain suburban gentility to it. "You'd be surprised — she belongs there more than you'd think," de Matteo says, recalling that Cherry told her he was looking for someone to be "the complete opposite of all those girls."

De Matteo plays Angie Bolen, an outspoken Italian-American who moves to Wisteria Lane from New York City looking for a fresh start with her husband, Nick (24's Jeffrey Nordling), and their brooding, 19-year-old son, Danny (newcomer Beau Mirchoff). The season premiere includes a shocking development that may or may not involve the Bolens. One thing's for sure, though: They picked the wrong block if the goal was to keep a secret. Just ask Mary-Alice Young, Betty Applewhite, Orson Hodge, Katherine Mayfair and Dave Williams.

As we prepare for Housewives' sixth-season premiere (Sunday, 9/8c, ABC), TVGuide.com spoke to de Matteo about what exactly is Angie's requisite mysterious past, who might be her new Wisteria Lane buddy and whether she'd ever like to switch it up and star in, say, a romantic comedy. (Hint: Fuhgettaboutit.)

TVGuide.com: Tell us about Angie Bolen.
    Drea de Matteo: Angie has no edit button. She's not the typical Italian-American housewife. She's similar to Adriana [de Matteo's Sopranos character] in that I use the same accent, but she's a lot smarter. She's a woman; Adriana was a kid. But she doesn't take any sh--, says exactly how she feels and definitely has a dark past, otherwise there'd be no reason to have her on the show.

TVGuide.com: Is she a flirt? Any chance she'll set her sights on another Desperate Husband?
    de Matteo: No, I don't think that her main interest is in dealing with men. I think she's more interested in fitting in with the girls. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm coming on as the minx, but no. If they were looking for the Edie replacement, they would have cast someone way hotter. Way hotter.

TVGuide.com: How much do you know about the Bolens' backstory?
    de Matteo: I know that they've never lived in the suburbs before, and that this is a fresh start. It changed a few times, but now I think we're saying they're from Manhattan. But in my own personal bio [of Angie], I would say she was born in Brooklyn or the Bronx — somewhere pretty tough, somewhere where she could learn a lot of street smarts. [Nick] is a landscaper, which always kind of surprised me since we were living in Manhattan.

TVGuide.com: Is this a witness-protection situation? Are they on the run?
    de Matteo: Well, I don't fully know yet. It would be pretty funny if she was on the lam and then all of a sudden you find out that her real name is Adriana. The only place they could ever get away with a joke that big is on Desperate Housewives.

TVGuide.com: Tell us about Danny. Is Angie a protective mother?
    de Matteo: Very. She loves her son like all Italian mothers love their sons: Their lives revolve around them.

TVGuide.com: So it's fair to say that she'd do anything to protect him?
    de Matteo: Yes. My son definitely gets into a little bit of trouble in the beginning, but nothing major.

TVGuide.com: Who's Angie's buddy on the block going to be?
    de Matteo: Well, she lives directly across the street from Susan and to the left of her is Gabrielle. I think that she and Bree would [clash]. Angie is the type of woman who doesn't see that she's outspoken or flashy. Even though she's a real broad and doesn't take any bullsh-- from anybody, she really just wants to have friends and fit in and be cool with everyone, but a lot of stuff happens that doesn't allow that to happen for her at times. So... who would she become friends with?

TVGuide.com: I imagine her and Katherine together for some reason.
    de Matteo: I'm not sure who she's going to end up sticking with yet, but I definitely think it would be fun to play against the more prissy characters there. I see Angie getting along the best with Lee and Bob because they're liberal, the outcasts. All the other women are more on the Republican side, and my character is not.

TVGuide.com: Do you ever get sick of playing the brassy Italian chick?
    de Matteo: I don't think anybody is ever going to call me to play someone who is mousy and demure. People like to see certain actors do certain things, and people like to see me play that role. I also have no interest in playing a normal girl in a romantic comedy in some cutesy thing. I'd be bored off my a--, I think, not doing some accent and some big character. Otherwise it's a f---ing snooze for me.

MIKE'S mystery bride has finally been revealed in the new series of Desperate Housewives
    Spoiler:
    - as his ex-wife Susan.

Spoiler:
    Viewers were left wondering whether the plumber (James Denton) had taken Susan (Teri Hatcher) or his girlfriend Katherine (Dana Delaney) up the aisle at the end of series five.

And they got the answer last night, when the first episode of series six aired in the States.

The pair are seen smiling happily at the alter as they prepared to tie the knot
    Spoiler:
    for a second time.

But one person doesn't share their joy -
    Spoiler:
    Katherine.

She storms into the ceremony and locks
    Spoiler:
    Susan
    in a closet while she's in her wedding dress.

But can the love rivals sort out their differences?

Talking about the storyline, Desperate Housewives boss Marc Cherry said: "I originally was going to have Mike marry
    Spoiler:
    Katherine
    , but as I went out into the world on vacation and just started talking to people they were so determined that Mike and
    Spoiler:
    Susan
    should get together; they were so insistent on it.

"So I started to think, 'What if I went that way?' And it occurred to me that it might be a more effective way to go as opposed to frustrating the fans for another year by keeping Mike
    Spoiler:
    and Susan
    apart.

"The fans demanded it in a voice so loud I kind of was scared to go against them."

The sixth series starts on Channel 4 in the new year.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-revealed.html
    Last edited by Perdita; 28-09-2009 at 19:13.

Wow! I can't wait!!!

That noise you hear is the sound of property values plummeting on Wisteria Lane. This November on Desperate Housewives, the most dangerous street in America will be the site of yet another calamity, this time a neighborhood plane crash.

“It’s going to be my cliffhanger for the first half of the season,” series creator Marc Cherry says of the tragedy, which, he adds, will “affect everyone’s lives.”
    Since the story is still in the planning stages, many of the biggest details — including who’ll be on board the small aircraft and who’ll be in its path — are still, as it were, up in the air. But this much Cherry knows for sure: The catastrophe will not claim the life of a housewife. “I’d love to kill somebody ’cause that’s just what I do,” he laughs. “But the truth is, right now I don’t have anyone major dying.”

Actress-comedienne Kathy Najimy is set to guest star in an upcoming episode of Desperate Housewives as a police officer with a surprising connection to Teri Hatcher’s Susan.

“Susan suspects Katherine was the one who attacked Julie, so she gets [a cop] to help her,” explains Housewives creator Marc Cherry. “But then she finds out the policewoman went to high school with her — and Susan stole her boyfriend, too! So [Najimy] has been going around the past 30 years resenting her.”

Najimy’s episode is slated to air in late October.

Marc Cherry has revealed that there will be a plane crash in season six of Desperate Housewives.

Cherry explained that the story is still in the planning stages and added that he does not yet know who will be involved in the accident.

"It's going to be my cliffhanger for the first half of the season," he said, adding that it would "affect everyone's lives".

However, Cherry said that none of the main characters will be killed in the crash.

"I'd love to kill somebody 'cause that's just what I do," he joked. "But the truth is, right now I don't have anyone major dying."

Cherry recently claimed that Desperate Housewives "has a lot of life left in it".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a18...ticle_continue

Thread Information