Emmerdale star Deena Payne has revealed more details about her recent work on a live music show.

The actress, who plays Viv Hope in the ITV1 soap, teamed up with her guitarist partner Steve Grant to create Barockestra, which gives classical favourites like Vivaldi's Four Seasons a rock-style twist. She first discussed the project on This Morning in July.

Payne, who had a musical theatre career before joining Emmerdale in 1993, choreographed dance sequences and also customised authentic Baroque outfits for the production. She worked on the show during her recent one-year break from the Yorkshire-based drama.

She told the Yorkshire Evening Post: "Emmerdale took me away from all that I knew in the dance world, so I absolutely loved doing Barockestra.

"The show is a lot of fun and it's got so much energy in it. Steve is incredibly talented and he's worked hard to get this off the ground.

"A lot of the songs go from classical arrangement into a rock theme, which makes the music appeal to people in a more modern way."

Barockestra will have its UK premiere at The Frontier theatre in Batley, West Yorkshire on October 15. Tickets are already on sale.

Payne's partner Grant, who hopes to take the project to Las Vegas, added: "There's a lot of interest and we think Barockestra is really going places. The show is educational as well as fun. For many, it might be the first time they've heard these songs and it might make them want to check out the real thing."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...usic-show.html