Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Young, Dumb and Living Off Mum

Young, Dumb and Living Off Mum

Anyone watch this on BBC3 last night?

It's a new programme, airing Tuesdays and Sundays with a 6 episode run.

Basically, it follows a group of lazy teenagers. I was shocked by how lazy they actually all are! All of them are in 18-25 age range, they sleep all day, none of them have jobs and their parents pay for everything they do. One of them said they would never get a job and they could never imagine themselves making a drink, ironing or cooking - how is he going to survive in life

This programme shows them living together as they try to survive in the 'adult world'. Each programme follows them having a task to do, working for one full day in different types of employment. At the end of each episode, the parents of each teenager decide which one of the teenagers aren't pulling their weight and can't handle the adult world and they have to leave the house. In last night's episode, they had to work in a hotel for the day.

I was really shocked by some of these people. One of them didn't even know how to slice bread?!? and one of the girls didn't know how to crack an egg!

I saw that. Jeez they were something else! And I thought I was bad never having a formal paid job.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

where the hell did they find this bunch of brats!? their parents should be ashamed of themselves! but it is good entertainment!

it was soo funny i mean when she said she learned how to slice bread that day i couldn't stop laughing. I'm 14 and i've known how to slice bread since i was like 8

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    Basically, it follows a group of lazy teenagers. I was shocked by how lazy they actually all are! All of them are in 18-25 age range, they sleep all day, none of them have jobs and their parents pay for everything they do. One of them said they would never get a job and they could never imagine themselves making a drink, ironing or cooking - how is he going to survive in life
    It's the parents fault for allowing the children to become like that. If they had rules and discipline they wouldn't be so lazy.

this sounds intersting, will have to tune in
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    It's the parents fault for allowing the children to become like that. If they had rules and discipline they wouldn't be so lazy.
    Yes, you are right. One of the mums pays for everything her child does! He really got on my nerves actually, showing off about spending his own mother's money on everything - they have to learn that you've got to work to get the things you want.

It's still really interesting viewing though and I was compelled by how little these people actually do!
    Last edited by DaVeyWaVey; 22-07-2009 at 15:07.

If these teenagers are lazy and clueless then the parents deserve to be lumbered with them for life as it's their fault the kids are like that. My parents split up when I was 7 and my mum returned to full-time work. My sisters, brothers and I had to pull our weight around the house, by the time I was at high school I was the only one at home but I could cook and clean without any problems. At 16 we were all made to get out and find a job or go to college but we were not allowed to lie in our beds all day. Even now Marley is 10 and she helps around the house.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

sounds good, ill try and watch it
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Just watched the 2nd episode now - I thought the right person went as Jay didn't really know what it meant to be working as a team.

Rachel seems to drink a lot which is quite worrying but the way Doghan sp? ripped into her at the end was really horrible. He's the one I dislike most in the house, despite finding them all irritating. He has a nasty temper.

My favourite quote of the series so far

"we don't know what's happened to the hot water"

"Hot water...it lives forever"

Thread Information