Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Billie's back on Doctor Who

Billie's back on Doctor Who

BILLIE Piper will return to Doctor Who with ALL the Time Lord’s former companions as part of David Tennant’s final episode.

Billie, 26, will again play Rose Tyler and teams up with other sidekicks Donna Noble (Catherine Tate) and Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman).

The trio will join forces to take on the Doctor’s revived arch-enemy The Master, played again by John Simm.

The episode sees the Timelord regenerate into the new Doctor (Matt Smith).

An insider said: “This will be the most exciting episode Doctor Who have ever done. We really wanted to get all the companions back on board as a fitting send-off to David.

“And of all the enemies for him to face in his final episode it makes sense for The Master to be the main one. Getting Billie to agree is a real coup, but she loved working on the show so much it didn’t take much convincing.”

Rose — who left after series two — formed the strongest bond with the Doctor out of the female companions. She returned for a few episodes in the last series where she was reunited with the Doctor.

Rose then returned to Earth with a separate half-human version of the Time Lord.

Since she left Doctor Who, Billie has gone on to star in the raunchy ITV2 drama Secret Diary of a Call Girl. She plays a high-class hooker in the risque show, which is currently on its third series.

We revealed yesterday how her three brothers and sisters are embarrassed about her success.

David, 37, will quit the show after the last of the four specials.

Meanwhile the red London bus set to feature in the first special has been damaged in Dubai by schoolkids.

The double decker, which was smashed up shortly after arriving in Arab state for filming, was stripped for “souvenirs” after producers parked it outside a school.

A show source said: “This really is the unluckiest bus in the universe.”

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

*funky*monkey* (13-04-2009), alvinsduckie (04-04-2009)

It will be interesting to see how they explain the returns of Rose again and of Donna, and how the other Doctor fits into things. I think this is a very good send off for David though. I wonder if this is the episode that Donna is back for or whether there will be one that only has her in it out of the former companions.

What about Captain Jack get him back. This is going to be a tear-jearker just like the end of last series.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Agree with you both - how will it happen? Especially Donna .... and ROse for that matter ....? And CAPTAIN JACK HAS TO COME BACK.

I'll get the kleenex ready now

OMG!!!! thankyou this is going to be good and it really is perfect for david It will be very sad though

Looking forward to how they explain things but it will be good
    And I wonder if the human doctor will be back

I'm curious as to how they will handle Donna's part. if i remember correctly, in her last episode the Doctor told her grandfather that Donna must never remember what all has happened or something would go wrong in her brain and she'd die?

Yep thats what they said

Im very very curious about that but it is sci-fi and it will be such a good send off for David

Donna is DEFFO back for the two-parter and they are filming it now - well monday onwards

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Layne For This Useful Post:

Abbie (13-04-2009), alvinsduckie (24-04-2009)

Yay I really am very excited!

Doctor's in laugh again

DAVID Tennant and Billie Piper are reunited on the set of Doctor Who after some time - and their rapport continuums.

They laughed and joked as they filmed the Christmas Special - after a year enjoying their own space.

Billie, 26, took a break from playing side-kick Rose to become a mum to Winston, now seven months old. And she filmed the third series of Secret Diary Of A Call Girl.

An onlooker at the south London set said: "Billie and David were joking about and seemed delighted to be working with one another again.

"They've got a natural chemistry. They get on so well."

The Christmas special, featuring The Doctor's old adversaries The Ood, will be 38-year-old David's last but one appearance as the 10th Time Lord.

He announced last year that he will leave the BBC show at the end of 2009 after completing three full series.

David took over from the previous Doctor Christopher Eccleston in 2005. David's final episode will be aired on New Year's Day, when he hands over to Matt Smith, 26.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information