Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter

i was reading that when the plane landed on the water in america and the pilot got everyone to safety it was twitter that broadcasted it first

Stephen Fry has a Twitter! They had a report on Twitter on the One Show.

Some people make up pages on celebrities. I hope Hugh Lauries and Robert (forgot his last name) ones are real. Because they are quite hilarious.

To me its like facebook but simpler. Easier to keep track on people.

By the way mines http://twitter.com/SparkleWard
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 11-02-2009 at 19:56.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Robert Sean Leonard? He plays Wilson.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Yes that's it Except he's called Bobby Sean on Twitter.

I'm not sure if they are real profiles, but Stephen Fry's is, at least according to the One show.
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 11-02-2009 at 22:27.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Miley Cyrus Twitter account hacked

Miley Cyrus had her Twitter page temporarily suspended after it was hacked.

For a short time, readers seeking the Hannah Montana star's page would receive the message: "Sorry, the account you were headed to has been suspended due to strange activity. Mosey along now, nothing to see here."

The suspension occurred after a number of expletive-laden messages were Twittered on the singer's feed.

Posts included: "I'm not a *******ing role model. I hate little kids, I only do Hannah Montanna for da $$$$$$$$$" and "Me and Mandy had sex n Hannah Montanna wigs".

Another fake message claimed that Cyrus would pose for Playboy next week.

At the weekend, Cyrus appeared to forget the lines to one of her songs during a live TV performance.

The star is also facing a $4 billion lawsuit for allegedly pulling a racially insensitive pose in a photograph, a claim that she denies.
    Last edited by Perdita; 17-02-2009 at 20:32. Reason: Added more text

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I "twitter"

I love reading Stephen Fry's twitters and Philip Schofields too. I follow a few celebs, don't think enough to be classed as a stalker yet though lol

Social networking sites like Twitter may harm the emotional development of young people, a study has found.

Research by scientists at the University of Southern California showed that information provided by social networking sites moves too fast for the brain of a child to process, which affects emotional development, CNN reports.

"If things are happening too fast, you may not ever fully experience emotions about other people's psychological states and that would have implications for your morality," researcher Mary Helen Immordino- Yang said.

Researchers looked at how volunteers responded to real-life stories chosen to stimulate admiration for virtue or skill, or compassion for physical or social pain. Brain scans of the test subjects showed that humans can respond quickly to signs of physical pain in others, but it takes longer to show admiration or compassion.

"For some kinds of thought, especially moral decision-making about other people's social and psychological situations, we need to allow for adequate time and reflection," Immordino-Yang added.

Ashton Kutcher has become the first user of Twitter to have one million followers.

The actor beat CNN in a competition to reach the milestone, passing the mark just 30 minutes before the news organisation.

Celebrating his win with wife Demi Moore and friends, the star posted a message saying: "We have victory!

"We have shown the world that the new wave is here, it is present and it is ready to explode.

"You guys are all of it because I can't follow me, so I don't even count.

"We can and will create our media. We can will and edit our media. We can and will broadcast our media. We will censor our own media ourselves," he added.

Earlier this week, Kutcher promised to donate 10,000 mosquito nets to charity for World Malaria Day if he amassed one million followers before CNN.

everyone seems to be getting this now, I think I will sign up.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I've signed up - but i dont get it - you follow people and they follow you. Facebook is DEFFO better; im not really fussed about all the celebs!

Thread Information