Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Carla Connor (Alison King)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    I hope Tony is found out soon
    I hope so too. He's evil!

Alison King (Carla Connor, Corrie)

Coronation Street factory boss Carla Connor - played by Alison King - is all set to become Carla Gordon next week, as she prepares to marry her long-term life and business partner Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien). However, following the death of Carla's brother-in-law Liam (Rob James-Collier), she's struggled to come to terms with the loss of her soul mate. Unaware that her fiancé masterminded the murder, Carla prepares for her lavish no-expense-spared wedding. However, with so many Weatherfield residents with grudges, will their wedding go without hiccup? Here, DS chats to Alison about Liam, the wedding and her real-life pregnancy.

Will Carla ever be able to forgive herself for her final words to Liam?
    "That's a good one. It's a growing thing. She doesn't know anything's her fault. Nor does she know anything about Tony's involvement. As far as Carla's concerned, it was an accident. So in that way it's tragic. Little does she know, had she changed those words and gone off with him, it could have saved his life."

Was Liam Carla's one true love, or does she love Tony but in a different way?
    "I don't think she does love Tony in the same way as she did Liam. Liam was somebody who she fell deeply in love with. Her first true love was Paul, Liam's brother, and that was a commitment which came to her quite easily. Paul worshipped her. With Liam, though, it was a forbidden love. I think Carla feels safe with Tony, she just doesn't know him as well. Carla loves him, but it's more security. They spark together quite nicely, too."

Does Carla at this point suspect that Tony killed Liam?
    "No, she's completely wrapped up in Liam and whether she's going to go through with the wedding. It's quite difficult remembering which wedding we're at! It's like Jesus, but instead, it's before and after Liam! Carla's just returned fresh from Los Angeles to make a new start with Tony and she realises that Tony didn't deserve all what she did with Liam. As far as Carla's concerned, she told Maria to go and have a happy life with Liam and the baby. Then when Liam died, Carla just had to go off and decide whether she could go through with her marriage to Tony or not."

So, during wedding week, Carla invites someone that Tony's not expecting, doesn't she?
    "Yeah, she invites Tony's brother Pat. Jamie [Lee], who plays him is wicked. Pat turns up and nearly throws a spanner in the works. Tony's left thinking whether he's going to get away with what he's done. He's worried who Pat's going to end up speaking to throughout the day. Then Tony worries what stories he's told, what lies he's told. I don't think he can even remember what lies he's told and in what order. Tony's bricking it, while Carla's completely oblivious and says she wants to see more of Pat! Carla's really trying to do the right thing by Tony now. She's trying to move forward."

Does she switch her wedding dress from the one she romped with Liam in?
    "Yeah. I think she feels that it'd be a bit bad, what with Liam having been under the old one!"

Is the wedding trouble-free? Do they make it down the aisle?
    "Carla's completely unaware as to what Tony's going through, while she just has a lovely day. Essentially, you're left wondering whether all of those loose ends will end up in a knot anywhere along the line. There are so many people that could ruin the day - Sally, Kevin, Rosie, Maria, Pat... And even though Jed's not there, he could easily barge in. It's a case of will they actually make it down the aisle? If they do, will they make it to their honeymoon? Or will something happen just before they leave?"

It must be fun filming weddings because it gets most of the cast in one place!
    "Yeah, it does. They're also really long and tedious! They have to get everyone's reaction on camera, while I'm wearing a really uncomfortable dress for three days! At the start you feel like a princess, but by the end, you just want to burn it! It was a wicked dress, though."

You're expecting a baby. You must be excited about becoming a new mum?
    "Yeah, I'm big and fat at the minute. I'm just getting fatter. It's a competition between my boobs, my bump and my ass! I think my bum's slightly ahead at the minute! I'm just really tired at the moment. Everybody's been great, though. I just have to remember to put my feet up between scenes. It looks a bit weird on set - I get myself into some ridiculous positions, like on my hands and knees and I end up apologising to people, saying 'sorry, I've got wind!'"

Have they had to start covering your lower half up yet?
    "Yeah, they do and they don't but it's getting a bit ridiculous now, though. I look like Humpty Dumpty with leggings."

Bonus Scoop: Corrie's Alison King

I recently caught up with the fabulous Alison King, who plays Carla Connor in Coronation Street, to chat about her latest storyline.

However, if you've been wondering about Carla's friendship with Leanne; Carla's screen family, including her brother, Darren; and when Alison finishes filming before she goes on maternity leave, then read on.

I've asked a number of people about Carla's brother Darren and have had the same response - they'd all love to have him around. Corrie's producer Kim Crowther also mentioned him last month in my interview with her.

We already have a clear picture of who he is and where he is currently. If you don't know, Darren is currently residing in Strangeways prison serving an eight-year sentence at her Majesty's pleasure for armed robbery.

So I'll make a bold statement here and now - we'll be seeing Darren Connor at some point in 2009.

And if Alison has her way, I think we'll meet Carla's sister, too. Don't forget to let me know your views on the potential casting below.

For now, here are those extra bits:

At one point, Carla hated Leanne. Are you surprised at the producers making them pally?
    "No, not at all. They're quite similar. Before when they were friends, they were trying to out-do each other and show each other who was the best with a business. Then Leanne crossed Carla [by sleeping with] with Paul, so they didn't speak for six months. Leanne did go up to Carla a couple of times and try to make friends, but Carla wasn't having any of it. Eventually, Carla had the crisis with Liam and when Leanne tried to make friends again, they both realised that they're close whether they like it or not. Leanne's a good confidante and says it how it is. I think it really works actually."

Would you like to see Carla's brother Darren turn up in Weatherfield?
    "Yeah, for sure. I think she's got a brother who's absolutely brilliant with her. I think he'll be stunningly charming, but a complete minger inside. He'll be as rough as old boots because Carla's mum was rough, too. Carla's from a really rough family, but she's tried to put all that behind her. It'd be good to have someone there like Darren who wants to sponge off her or embarrass her all the time. Or maybe he just loves her to death and idolises the ground she walks on? I also think Carla could have a sister that she's not spoken to for years."

When are you due to finish filming?
    "Around Christmas time."

Can you give us any clues as to how Carla's going to leave?
    "No way, José! "

You must be proud to have become such an established character in such a relatively short period of time?
    "Yeah, it's brilliant. I've been really fortunate to have storyline after storyline. I suppose the sad thing about that is that my boys keep leaving me! I don't think that's anything to do with me, though! It's been great to play, every which way. It's allowed me to show a bit of range, which is always good in a soap. All the storylines I've had just keep adding new layers to Carla as a character."

Carla Connor Gordon

Coronation Street producers have cast a new factory boss to replace Carla Connor when actress Alison King departs for maternity leave in the New Year.

Mancunian actor Craig Kelly - most noted for his role as Vince Tyler in Queer As Folk - will play cool-headed charmer Luke Strong, one of Carla's (Alison King) former business associates.

As Carla and Tony's (Gray O'Brien) marriage begins to break down at the start of next year, Carla decides enough is enough and escapes Weatherfield, leaving Tony and the rest of the Street's residents oblivious as to her whereabouts.

Tony gets the shock of his life, however, when Luke turns up at Underworld and announces that Carla has left him in charge while she is away. Luke quickly becomes a hit with the factory girls and soon makes the decision to buy Carla's 60% majority shareholding in the business, much to Tony's dismay.

A spokesperson for the ITV soap said: "It looks like Tony may have met his match in Luke Strong. He’s a bit of a mystery man and Tony doesn't know what his motives are for buying into the business or how he knows Carla. Luke is certainly going to make things difficult for Mr Gordon."

Kelly, who can also be heard narrating Channel 4's desert island reality show Shipwrecked, begins filming in the New Year and will first appear on screen in February.

Alison King is due to finish filming and commence her maternity leave just before Christmas.
    Anyone know when she leaves on screen and her exit storyline?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

RuebenClara (27-12-2008)

I think she leaves on screen around February time

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Debbie Meadows For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (08-12-2008)

Carla Connor threatens Rosie Webster after discovering she has spilled the beans about her affair with Liam.

Carla’s killer husband Tony is forced to come clean to her that he knows about the fling.

And he reveals that Rosie (Helen Flanagan, 18) told him everything.

Carla (Alison King, 35) has been paying to keep her quiet.

So she marches into the factory, grabs Rosie, and warns her she has made the biggest mistake of her life.

Killer Tony Gordon goes on a booze bender when wife Carla finally admits she will never love him as much as Liam Connor.

After confessing all about her fling with Liam and how no man will ever measure up to him, Carla packs her bags and walks out.

And she even refuses to tell Tony – played by Gray O’Brien, 40 – where she is going or whether she will ever return.

Tony was behind the hit-and-run killing of Liam (Rob James-Collier, 31) and is devastated when the plan to rid himself of his love rival and have Carla all to himself spectacularly backfires.

He now realises that he may never see her again.

After drowning his sorrows in whisky in the Rovers, drunken Tony tells anyone who will listen: “How can I compete with a corpse? Liam’s like James Dean and Kurt Cobain.

“If you want a woman’s love you’ve obviously got to die young while you’re still idolised”

Then, sarcastically raising his glass to Liam, Tony says: “Blessed be the name of Liam – the love of my wife’s life.”

But after days locked away in a booze-drenched depression, Tony comes out fighting.

Marching into the office they once shared and referring to Carla’s desk and belongings, Tony barks: “Box up all that junk and bin everything in this place to do with Carla.”

Carla’s disappearing trick will explain the absence of actress Alison King, 35, who quits in January to start her maternity leave.

Talking of her plans for a booze-free Christmas, Alison laughed: “I’ll be with my boyfriend Adam and his mum in London, rather than just outside Manchester, where we have moved into a new house.

“I give Adam a stocking with money and a tangerine in the bottom and I have to have one too. If I wake up and there’s not a heavy stocking on my foot I get the right hump!

“I’ll miss my usual tipple of Jack Daniel’s at Christmas. I’ll treat myself to one glass of mulled wine but after that it will be orange juice all the way!”

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

alvinsduckie (28-12-2008)

Aww Alison king is due soon, even in the episodes now you can tell she is huge, and you only get to see chest up to hide he bump and wen u do see more shes always got loads of layers of a big coat or somthing x

We've known for a while now that Coronation Street's Alison King is to take a break from the ITV soap to give birth to her first child with boyfriend Adam Huckett. She actually finished filming just before Christmas and is now enjoying a nice relax.

However, her screen character Carla Gordon is still residing in Weatherfield, where she's becoming more and more frustrated with 'fruit loop' Maria Connor's (Samia Smith) ongoing accusations of murder towards Tony (Gray O'Brien). Following Jed's reappearance on the Cobbles next week, though, Carla soon begins to question her husband's innocence.

In a fortnight's time, Carla digs a little deeper into Tony's dealings and finally plucks up the courage to confront him. As she walks into Underworld, she's surprised that it's empty - apart from Tony, who bolts the door behind her. After a bitter confrontation, Tony's carefully weaved web of deceit snaps around him as he's goaded into confessing to Liam's murder. As a storm rages over Weatherfield, Carla begins to fear for her own safety and looks for a way out of the factory.

When Wiki (Wanda Opalinska) appears at Underworld to let them both know that she's returning to Poland, Carla seizes the opportunity to make a run for it. Panicking that he's about to lose his one true love, Tony rushes outside in the hope of preventing Carla from leaving. As you can see from my pictures below, his attempts result in a somewhat ironic turn of events.

So goodbye for now, Carla. Alison King will be returning to filming towards the back end of this year. In her absence, though, we have new factory boss Luke Strong to look forward to. Luke is to be played by Queer as Folk actor and Shipwrecked narrator Craig Kelly. Last week, I caught up with Craig to chat about his new role and I have to say I'm really looking forward to his arrival. From what he told me, his character's going to be the new, strong alpha male on the Street who's successful in everything he does and has a keen eye for the ladies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (25-01-2009)

Carla Gordon flees for her life after husband Tony confesses to murdering her lover Liam.

But Tony is prepared to do anything to stop her leaving – even clinging on to the bonnet of her car.

The truth finally comes out after twisted Tony discovers Carla has been to see henchman Jimmy Dockerson.

Determined to get to the bottom of Liam’s death, Carla grills Jimmy about her husband in a bid to find out whether he is capable of murder.

Tony, who paid Jimmy to kill Liam in a hit-and-run, confronts Carla when she returns to the factory. And he admits he had to get rid of Liam to guarantee his future with her.

Following his confession, Carla starts to fear for her own safety and runs out of the factory. She jumps into her car but as she’s driving off Tony leaps on to the bonnet.

A Corrie insider said: “Carla finally sees what Tony is really like and she’s as scared as hell.

“He’s like a man possessed when it comes to her.

“She can’t believe it when he calmly tells her why he murdered Liam.

“All she knows is she has to get out of the factory and away from him.”

Tony has so far managed to convince friends and family he’s not a baddie – despite claims from Liam’s widow Maria, who has regularly accused him of murder.

But Tony has managed to make her look like a mad woman.

Find out whether Carla escapes from Tony on ITV1 a week on Friday.

Carla's killer comeback

CORRIE star Alison King may cut short her maternity leave — to commit murder.

Soap bosses are begging her to return as factory femme fatale Carla Gordon in a new dramatic plot.

They want the new mum to become a killer just like her psychotic on-screen husband Tony. But Alison, 35, is still mulling over the early return. She and her Corrie sound technician boyfriend Adam Huckett are currently taking time out from the soap after the birth of their daughter Daisy Mae in February.

The shock new storyline sees Carla turn killer and Corrie chiefs need her back on screen sooner than planned.

A friend told TV Biz: “Alison couldn’t believe it when they asked her to come back early — it’s only weeks since she gave birth.”
    The star was even more surprised when told Carla was about to become a killer.

However, she was relieved to discover Carla will only kill in self-defence.

Her character was last seen driving out of Weatherfield.

She had just heard Tony (Gray O’Brien) confess he had her lover Liam Connor (Rob James-Collier) killed in a staged hit-and-run so he could have her to himself.

Under the new storyline, Carla will return early from America where she secretly fled. Coronation Street insiders are keeping tight-lipped about who she will murder.

But they say the plot will involve some of the most exciting Corrie scenes ever.

Gray O'Brien has reportedly signed another contract for a year, so she can't kill him if she comes back early. Wonder who it will be, perhaps Luke
    Spoiler:
    who I think might be her brother

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

RuebenClara (17-03-2009)

Thread Information