Thread: Ric and Viv

Ric and Viv

She’s rich, beautiful and charming. Is Vivian Anderson a young man's dream? Mark Furze fills us in about the new woman in Ric’s life!

”Her husband Noel is a very important client at the garage where Ric works, so everyone has to be nice to Viv,” Mark smiles. “She takes a bit of liking to Ric but as he is with Matilda he can’t do anything about these sexual advances from this attractive older woman,” he continues.

However, we soon discover that Viv is not used to taking no for an answer. Ric finds himself in a very compromising position when she decides to join him in the shower at the garage. “I was trying to act all sultry and was supposed to be nude, whilst the guys thought it was very funny to run the tap off and on with boiling hot water,” Mark laughs.

They also find themselves at The Sands Hotel (Jonah's) over looking Whale Beach. “We went up to Jonah's, it’s beautiful up there,” Mark explains. “We were checking out the rooms and I was thinking, it wouldn’t be the worst situation a young bloke could be in,” he grins.

“It was great working with Simone (McCaullay) I’d seen her on Blue Heelers, so it was good to get a different dynamic. It’s a weird kind of storyline because you are never really sure what Viv is up to, so it was challenging for us to play,” Mark added.

We can’t reveal exactly what Viv is up to, but Mark was horrified by the prospect of women being so calculating. “It’s terrifying, I mean if that happened to me in real life I don’t know what I would do,” he says with alarm.

'The Sands Hotel' is obviously the place to be as we see another familiar face enjoying this luxurious setting. None other than lovely, honest, down-to-earth Dan Baker. He is dining with an attractive blond, and we are pretty sure Leah doesn’t know anything about it…so stay tuned!
    Thanks CrazyLea

The truth always comes out. There is always a time in life when a little white lie falls open across our path, trips us up and land us on our face with a loud, thunder-clapping thud. One wrong word, an intervention from another, and everything blows up in our face.

Summer Bay has endured its fair share of little white lies of late, where moment after moment, scene after scene, secrets and lies have unfolded before our eyes making us cringe, knowing that the whole fragile network of those involved could come crashing down in ruin. As was the case with Ric and Matilda when temptress Viv Anderson came on the scene.

We could see it a mile away, but Ric couldn’t help but cover up the truth of how he really felt about Viv’s advances towards him. Caught in a web of confusion he chose to ignore Cassie’s pleas for him to stay clear and instead let Viv move in and take control of his life, and his relationship with Matilda.

There on the sidelines was poor Cassie involved without wanting to be, fighting for the best interests of her friends. Involved in the cover-up when Viv turned up at the caravan park on the afternoon of the school formal. Viv’s motivation was a caravan for the night so she could be close to Ric to drive the final wedge between him and Mattie. Her plan worked, the temptress slipped through the cracks of Cassie’s suspicious mind and was handed the keys to a caravan, and the demise of Ric and Mattie’s relationship.

Cassie wanted to tell Matilda, we all wanted her to tell Matilda, but Ric thought he was strong enough to handle Viv, not knowing her web of desire was entangling him further and further in to a trap.

Once a lie leaves ones lips it gains momentum at every turn, getting bigger and bigger until there is no turning back. And what of the detainee of the lie? The holder of the secret? Cassie was torn between two worlds at opposite ends.

When the truth finally comes out everyone becomes destroyed by the secrets and lies created where once life was fine. Then we see the love and friendships formed dive in to deep and murky waters.

If only common sense and good hearts prevailed over secrets and lies, where would Ric and Mattie be today had Ric decided to do the right thing from the start? And what of the lessons that come out of telling a fib? Watching as a solid framework comes crashing down is enough of a reason not to go down that tangled-webbed road again.

However we find history repeat itself when Cassie gives in to peer pressure from Matilda to drive back from a beach party with a car full of loaded guys and one drink too many in her system. As we watch another series of lies unfold before us and lives hang in the balance we wonder at the outcomes of our own life story, the time we chose to tell the truth or be damned by a lie. In a split second the course of our own lives changed forever.
    Thanks CrazyLea

how could he cheat on Mattie, Ric has gone right down in my expectations.

Does Viv become pregnant with Ric's baby?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Does Viv become pregnant with Ric's baby?
    yes she does

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Debs For This Useful Post:

lizann (14-02-2008)

I dont know why but i dont think she fell for ric like she made out, after what she said to her husband noel on the night of the formal "he can give me something that you cant". I think she saw a young nice looking guy who could give her a baby. IMO all she wants is a baby from ric and she doesnt are who she hurts in the process
    Maisie Mouse

Yeah, I reckon Viv is just after somebody to give her a baby.
    I still don't like her.
    Thanks CrazyLea

can't believe ric fell for her act, she doesnt have any genuine feelings for him, I feel so sorry for mattie imagine how she's gonna feel when she finds out that viv is pregnant by ric she will be crushed
    Maisie Mouse

I just dont understand the whole Viv thing

Ric looks after some guy's (Viv's hubby) cars at the garage. He specifies that only Ric is allowed to work on them. One day Viv turns up to pick the car up and she starts flirting with him.

Ric knows she's married and doesn't want to get involved but she keeps texting him. Ric slept with her after the Yr12 formal (he had a barney with Matilda) an Viv ends up pregnant.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information