Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Catherine Tate has been confirmed as David Tennant's new companion in the next series

The last episode was so bad I laughed through most of it

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
    The last episode was so bad I laughed through most of it
    With Catherine Tate in it that will be a sign of success...

Not the best cast addition

All I can say is that I cant wait!

Am I bovvered?

Actually, I love watching her on youtube. Just not the right fit for Doctor Who. As Trinity says, Sally Sparrow would have been a better choice.

Steven Moffet should take over from RTD. He's the far better writter, and makes more interesting stories and characters.

I don't mind Catherine Tate as a comedian but I think she is a bad choice for a Dr Who assistant I will be waiting for her to say "Am I bovvered" to a Dalek. I'm sure there could have been a number of actresses who would have been more suitable. What about a male assistant.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Not sure

I thought Catherine Tate had good novelty value in the runaway bride, but i'm not sure what she'll be like for a full 13-episode run. I thought it would be a nice opportunity to have a different species companion, to shake things up a bit. Peter Davison had Nissa and Adrik and they were brilliant. It could also have been an opportunity for there to be a male companion who isn't in love with the Dr.

Having said that, i will watch series 4 religiously, no matter what. David Tennant can more than carry any companion.

Lil xx

p.s. Sally Sparrow would have been an excellent choice. The fools for missing out on that one

Tennant 'is leaving Doctor Who'

Catherine Tate has suggested that the next series of Doctor Who could be the last for actor David Tennant.

The comedian, speaking on Radio 2's Jonathan Ross programme, said: "I think it's maybe David's last series."
    The BBC refused to comment on Mr Tennant's future as the show's star.
    Tate, who first appeared in the 2006 Christmas special, is to return as the doctor's assistant, Donna, for the entire run of the fourth series.
    She will also be joined for several episodes by the doctor's former companion Martha Jones, played by Freema Agyeman.
    When pressed on whether Tennant would return to play the timelord in special Dr Who shows in future, Tate replied: "Possibly."
    The comedian also confirmed that the forthcoming series would be her last.
    Tate made her Doctor Who debut last year as a runaway bride who found herself transported into the Tardis as she prepared for her wedding on Christmas Eve.
    The episode attracted an audience of 9.4 million when it was screened on BBC One on Christmas Day.
    This year's Christmas special, starring Kylie Minogue, is due to be screened at 1850 GMT on 25 December.
    Speaking to Doctor Who magazine, the pop star said appearing in the show was "like stepping back in time". "I really felt at home being back in the world of TV," she added. "I've definitely got the acting bug again!"

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Noooooo he cant be

Thread Information