Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Series 3 Episode Discussion

Captain Jack stole the show,finding out he was the face of Boa sheer brilliance, and John Simm dancing around to the scissor sisters. On the downside they could have had a more explosive ending by the Dr and the Master fighting it out rather than him being shot by is spaced out wife. I guess we will just have to wait until Christmas to see if Martha returns or if the rumours are true that Freema will be axed.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    I thought it was a fantastic episode and series ending, David, John B ,John S and Freema did an excellent job,, whooooo,,,I had a problem watching the Doc shrink into MINI ME ...
    I actually thought the whole program was brilliant, and looking forward to christmas :-)
    Sorta sad to see Freema go, cos I really liked her as the Doc's compaion,, to be honest I liked her better than billy piper,, but thats just my OPINION,, so don't attack me

Ok gang tell me who is KYLIE ???

I dunno Jodi... but I'm guessing it's Kylie Minogue
    Last edited by CrazyLea; 30-06-2007 at 23:12.

kylie minogue is supposed to be in the xmas special

from outpost gallifrey

Confirming the essence of a story first reported several weeks ago in the Sun, Freema Agyeman left Doctor Who as a series regular at the end of this episode, choosing to remain behind with her family in present-day England. Agyeman's most recent denial in "Radio Times" stated that she was not sacked from the series, contrary to the Sun report; however, as Outpost Gallifrey and other sites have reported, the news did not deny that Agyeman was leaving as a series regular (nor that she was not remaining by her own choice). The end of "Last of the Time Lords" suggests that we will see Martha again, as she gives her mobile phone to the Doctor (David Tennant), likely as a guest star next series; press reports from the Mirror this past week indicate that the fourth series of Doctor Who will see a new companion next year, with Martha making an occasional appearance. (At the time of the Mirror report, "Last of the Time Lords" had not yet aired, and while the article mentions she "won't be in every episode next year, but will appear in the occasional episode for both Doctor Who and Torchwood," it is likely that this was a bit of obfuscation of the as-yet-unannounced departure.)

UPDATE: Russell T Davies has promised on tonight's Confidential that there will be news soon (a possible press release early next week) about Freema's future with the programme, likely as a guest character or recurring (like John Barrowman this series).

John Barrowman also departs from Doctor Who again, as Captain Jack Harkness returns to his base of operations in Cardiff for the second series of "Torchwood" to be aired later this year.

John Simm will (obviously, from the story) not be returning as the Master in subsequent episodes; however, the theft of his ring by a woman (perhaps Lucy Saxon but possibly someone else entirely) indicates that the Master will perhaps be back in next year's episodes.

Meanwhile, the upcoming 2007 Christmas special will be entitled Voyage of the Damned and has something to do with the voyage of the R.M.S. Titanic, judging from the name of the vessel on the life ring found within the TARDIS in the close of today's episode (not to mention, the ship's hull through the walls of the console room!) There is no word as yet as to who will join David Tennant for the episode, although there has been much media speculation about singer Kylie Minogue (we're not sure yet if these are real or simply press hype.)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bad Wolf For This Useful Post:

Chloe-Elise (01-07-2007), emma_strange (01-07-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by .:SpIcYsPy:. View Post

I cried when Doc. was crying.. couldn't help it! Why did he want him to reginerate and stay with him though?
    I think it was just because The Doctor finally had some hope, he wasnt alone, he wasnt the last time lord, and it's like David Tennant said on confidential, having the master there was a way of making the time lords seem real, like they did exist. I think the Doctor also had some hope of changing the master, making him into a good person, and someone who he could travel with who was like him, and would understand.

when is it back on?????????

my doctor who obsession now going to continue

According to teletext yesterday filming for the Christmas special is due to begin this week so we should find out over the next few weeks if Freema does make an apperance in the episode and if she will return full time time year.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Doctor to get extra companion

Doctor Who is to have a new companion when the drama returns - but there will still be room for his current co-star.

Actress Freema Agyeman is to play Martha Jones in three episodes of spin-off show Torchwood. She said it was a chance to "expand" her character.

She will miss the first half of the fourth series of Doctor Who, but will then return to the BBC One programme.

The new companion will be revealed soon and will appear in the entire 13-week run, which begins filming this month.

Former Crossroads actress Agyeman, 28, impressed producers with a brief appearance in the minor role of alien expert Adeola.

They invited her to try for the part of David Tennant's sidekick when Billie Piper left at the end of the second series. The show is in its fourth series since its revival in 2005, having ended previously in 1989 after 26 years.

Martha Jones will spend more time with Torchwood's Captain Jack
    The third series of Doctor Who, which concluded in the UK on Saturday, had gained "outstanding reviews", according to Russell T Davies, its executive producer and head writer.

"Freema has been a huge part of that success, gaining rave notices for her portrayal of Martha," he added.

"Now we are taking the character of Martha into brand new territory with a starring role in Torchwood."

In May, Agyeman told BBC News how overwhelming it felt to be constantly recognised in public.

"Everyone's calling my name so it feels surreal," she said, as she walked up the red carpet at the Bafta TV Awards.

official press release - first casting info

The BBC has announced the first casting details for the fourth series of Doctor Who following the acclaimed end of the third series - widely hailed by critics and public alike as the best series yet.

The final episode, screened on Saturday on BBC One, saw The Doctor's companion Martha - played by Freema Agyeman - leave to care for her devastated family, and to break the cycle of unrequited love she feels for The Doctor.

The production team has now confirmed that the character is set to make a triumphant return in the fourth series.

Freema, who gained rave notices for her portrayal of Martha Jones, is also set to join the cast of BBC Three's Torchwood where she will continue to play the character in three new episodes before returning to Doctor Who in the middle of the fourth series.

Doctor Who Executive Producer and Head Writer Russell T Davies said: "Series three has gained outstanding reviews and Freema has been a huge part of that success, gaining rave notices for her portrayal of Martha.

"Now we are taking the character of Martha into brand new territory with a starring role in Torchwood."

Freema said: "I can't wait to start filming on Torchwood and the new series of Doctor Who. It's a huge new challenge for me and I'm delighted Russell has decided to expand the character of Martha Jones."

The announcement leaves a vacant space in the Tardis and a new companion for The Doctor, who will join the new series for the entire 13-week run, will be announced shortly.

The fourth series of Doctor Who goes into production this month.

TH

Thread Information