Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Programme Changes!

I get really annoyed when they move Holby to a Wednesday at the same time as The Bill. Or if The Bill do three episodes a week or Holby do two as they sometimes do. Holby did it a few weeks ago and they're moving an episode to a Thursday in a few weeks.

Casualty is a nightmare. Why can't the Saturday night schedule be the same each week? Really annoys me.

And when two channels screen reality shows at the same time. I'm sure ITV are going to screen Grease at the same time as BBC air Joseph at some point or other. It's ridiculous, they just compete with each other for the ratings. I end up sticking with one instead of trying to watch both. Sorry ITV but Joseph gets my vote this year. No interruptions every 10 minutes for adverts.

Another point, why is it always regular soaps and dramas that get moved to accomodate the football?

Quote Originally Posted by jelly belly View Post
    I get really annoyed when they move Holby to a Wednesday at the same time as The Bill. Or if The Bill do three episodes a week or Holby do two as they sometimes do. Holby did it a few weeks ago and they're moving an episode to a Thursday in a few weeks.

Casualty is a nightmare. Why can't the Saturday night schedule be the same each week? Really annoys me.

And when two channels screen reality shows at the same time. I'm sure ITV are going to screen Grease at the same time as BBC air Joseph at some point or other. It's ridiculous, they just compete with each other for the ratings. I end up sticking with one instead of trying to watch both. Sorry ITV but Joseph gets my vote this year. No interruptions every 10 minutes for adverts.

Another point, why is it always regular soaps and dramas that get moved to accomodate the football?

Exactly!

Sorry, but Grease is so obviously a copy of Maria/Joeseph, but they have two people instead of one.

Also, last week Casualty wasn't on because of the football, but, if they had moved the news a bit, they could've fitted it in!

It's always about Football, Football is why alot of the programmes change. Being a big football fan myself still doesn't mean i would prefer to watch it instead of the other things they take of.
    It's the same when its Wimbledon and The Olymics/ Commenwealths. Sport is a priorty only as they want to get more people playing but they should still take in to consideration other peoples feeling when they take off some of the best shows on tv.

Thanks To Vicky For My Fab Banner!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Footie_Chick View Post
    It's always about Football, Football is why alot of the programmes change. Being a big football fan myself still doesn't mean i would prefer to watch it instead of the other things they take of.
    It's the same when its Wimbledon and The Olymics/ Commenwealths. Sport is a priorty only as they want to get more people playing but they should still take in to consideration other peoples feeling when they take off some of the best shows on tv.
    the thing is that football isnt on normal tv much anymore because sky have nearly all the rights.
    what actually bugs me more is that not being a soap fan at all that tv is dominated by soap yet they will never knock it off to make room for something else eg. the bill. they will constantly knock the bill of the schedules but the soap has to stay!
    POOKIE

Quote Originally Posted by pookie1968uk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Footie_Chick View Post
    the thing is that football isnt on normal tv much anymore because sky have nearly all the rights.
    what actually bugs me more is that not being a soap fan at all that tv is dominated by soap yet they will never knock it off to make room for something else eg. the bill. they will constantly knock the bill of the schedules but the soap has to stay!
    Indeed. And when the footie has finished on ITV1 Corrie always follows afterwards, whatever the time.

Something that will annoy me in coming weeks... Holby City changing to Thursday to suit Holby Blue. I might watch Holby Blue, I may not, but why not put that on Thursday and keep Holby City where it is .

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    Something that will annoy me in coming weeks... Holby City changing to Thursday to suit Holby Blue. I might watch Holby Blue, I may not, but why not put that on Thursday and keep Holby City where it is .
    Totally agree with you there. As I watch The Bill I'll have to decide if I want to watch holby or TB seeing as they're scheduled for the same slot. I deffinatly won't be watching Holby Blue. I think the BBC are going too far with this Holby thing. Casualty and Holby City are great but why add yet another program about Holby into the mix? It's too much IMO.

The reason why they put Holby Blue on a Tuesday is because of The Bill. If they put it on a Thursday it would go head to head with another police drama. But why not put screen it on a Monday night? I forsee Holby ratings going down while Holby Blue is on.

Thread Information