View Poll Results: Are Jade, Jo, Danielle being racist?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definately racist

9 15.79%
  • More bullying with undertones of racism

32 56.14%
  • No, they are just bullies

7 12.28%
  • No

8 14.04%
  • It's all Shilpas fault

1 1.75%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother: Racism, bullying or fair play?

Uhmmm.

I think that its been sooo exaggerated. Yeah, it's bullying, but I wouldnt say Shilpa was innocent. She DOES act superior to them - whether its intentional or not. I think Jade has insecuritys over her class, and the class difference between them has led them to fight.

Jade isnt a racist - or a bully - not really. I think that Danielles comments are much more racist, and Jo and Danielle are more bullys than Jade. Jade speaks her mind, is upfront - although not always pleasant, and DOES show remorse. Danielle etc all bitch behind Shilpa's back. As a person who has been bullied in the past, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I wouldn't consider Jade's actions to be bullying. Or racist.

If Jade can be considered racist, what about Shilpa's mocking of the way Jade says "whale"? Or Jermaines reference to the Goody's as white trash? WHY aren't these comments reported in the newspapers?!!

If they are anything they are the culturally ignorant comments of a loud girl, who is bullying her a little bit, but not the extreme that is being written about in papers.

>_< my post is full of contradictions lol. But theres no racsim from Jades side at least.

i dont think jade was wrong at the end of the day nothing racist came out pf her mouth however danielle is the racist after all she said the racist comments. also who the hell is shilpa to tell jade she needs elecutions lessons and to talk down to jade, shes no better. i think its just an arguement not racisum or disgrimination or whatever. Race is used to much these days its used when it shouldnt .its an easy thing to blame. Its an excape route for when theres nothing else to blame. just a lentghy arguement thats got alot of shouting!!!!

bet jade goody wishes she never went into this big brother. big brother made her now its going to break her. i for one stick by jade! and i dnt think shilpa's in the wrong either.

I think this whole thing has gotten out of hand, its just the papersmaking soemthing out of nothing

Indeed. I now can't wait for this to be over, coz i'm feeling really sorry for Jade now, no-one deserves what she is about to go through. I'm just glad the they had the sence to take the crowds away and stop the press conferance tonight.

I feel so sorry for jade that has to be so upsetting to have come out to no one and then be booed by the small crowd that was there when shilpa herself has said that they are ok and there isnt a racism issue

She's disguisting! She even knows it her self!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I'm finding that there seems to be no problem with someone calling the Goody's white trailer trash and I can't understand why thats not seen as being racially offensive aswell. Yes Jade & co used disgusting language towards Shilpa (and behind her back) and it was wrong, but wasn't Jermaine also wrong in what he said??

I still feel that it was a girls argument that got completely out of hand, insults were hurled (the nastiest of remarks are normally said during an argument in order to try and "win" the argument) and it was then used by C4 for their own benefit. C4 are raking it in with this and I personally think that C4 should have put a stop to this a long time ago, far before efigies were burnt abroad, and now with this possible protest in London - there are serious consequences arising - something which C4 could have prevented in a lot of respects.

Edit: Just want to add: Watching Friday Night Project and they just made a very disparaging comment against Jackiey Goody and her paralysed arm - are Channel 4 in the Lets have a dig at everyone who either has a disability or isn't white on their shows these days?! This is another remark made, just after they showed a picture of Shilpa with bleach on her face and compared her to Michael Jackson - acceptable??
    Last edited by Jojo; 19-01-2007 at 23:31.

Jade doesn't seem to have the mental capacity to realise that 5million people are watching her. She should have learnt from BB3 that any small comment you make on the show can be blown well out of proportion and all your actions are scrutinised. When the penny finally did drop it was too late and the damage was done. Jade was right when she said that BB was the start of her career and BB is going to be the end of it.

Jade is being made the scapegoat for C4 bosses to get away with what they have done, as Jade said they should've pulled her up when it happened not hours if not the next day about it.
    She has got brains but as she said when she gets into an arguement she doesnt always realise what comes out of her mouth. Who of us does know what comes out of our mouths when we argue? especially when someone stands there winding us up and looking as though butter wouldnt melt in their mouths?

The trouble is that Jade does not have the vocabulary to express her feelinfs. Therefore she had to shout the odds. Any rasicm was, I think, unintentional. She just clashed with Shilpa and had no other way of expressing it!

Thread Information