View Poll Results: Are Jade, Jo, Danielle being racist?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definately racist

9 15.79%
  • More bullying with undertones of racism

32 56.14%
  • No, they are just bullies

7 12.28%
  • No

8 14.04%
  • It's all Shilpas fault

1 1.75%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother: Racism, bullying or fair play?

I think they are bullying her, with undertones of racism. I wouldn't exactly brand them racists though, as otherwise, surely they'd be getting at Germaine (sp?) as well?

Jade took it too far with Shilpa last night though, she didn't have to react the way she did, it was far too OTT. I think the editing is to blame as well, mind. That was a 1hr show, full of about 50 minutes of bullying/racism, taken from 24hrs of footage. I think that unless you watch the live feed 24/7, its hard to tell about this issue and make an opinion, as the media coverage and editing are influencing our opinions a lot, i reckon...

I think it's more an issue of class and jealousy. They are jealous of her money, her fame and her class. The woman has dignity and is 100 times the person them 4 are together.

They barley have two braincells to rub together between them, they are culturally ignorant and generally unintelligant, they are just using the age old immature school insults, for the sake of it. They speak before they think and deep down probably dont mean some of the things they say. Bullying is a common element of socity, and it's just so happened to take place here, they give out petty insults, mock her behind her back and act utterly disgraceful, they have said some racist things but i dont think theres true racial intent there, they are just foolish morons who dont realise what they are saying and how it's hurting Shilpa.

Personally i think they should get kicked out, all 4 of them, their behaviour has disguted me and made for some uncomfortable viewing.
    Last edited by Bryan; 18-01-2007 at 17:51.

The Perfume Shop drops Jade's "Shh"

The Perfume Shop has withdrawn Jade Goody's "Shh..." perfume from its stores with immediate effect.

"The Perfume Shop has decided to withdraw Jade Goody’s perfume Shh… from all of its 150 UK stores with immediate effect," the company said in a statement. "This decision will be reviewed once Ms Goody has left the Big Brother house and is in a position to respond to the media in person."

If donny and ken hadn't walked in the first week thing would have been a lot different and if shilpa had been up for eviction I would have porbably voted for her over some of the other housemates. I don't believe that shilpa is without sin and I think that given different circumstances she could give Jade or any other housemates good as she gets,I would have had a go at her if she was picking food of the plates, and I support that comment from Jermaine was out of order as well and he should have been repremanded for it. Its one thing to have an argument with someone and say things in the heat of the moment because you are stuck in a confined space. Its another to keep on picking on a person day after day. Whatever happens Jade and the others are going to make money and makers BB are laughing their heads of as they have the attention they were seeking.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

What a load of ************

If anything that was said was racist we ALL better shut our traps as anything we say maybe considered racist.

From what I remember all previous shows when this kind of thing happened, it wasn't news worthy. Now we have this bollywood star in it's considered bullying and racist, so what double standard are they using to base this on???

What really gets on my nerves is this woman could've WALKED out any time like the others. Instead she chose to stay, which should ring very large BELLS as to what her real reasons are for staying in the house.

So this is all a publicity stunt for C4 to keep this reality rubbish on our screens, we have an OFF switch and other channels isn't it about time we used them. It would show C4 what we REALLY think of this load of rubbish, instead those who view it sit thinking it's entertainment.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to soapyclean For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (18-01-2007)

i have barely watched any of this so cant comment on whether i think its racism or not but it will have certainly helped lift the slump in ratings the programme was having! coincidence or not?
    POOKIE

I dont think what theyare doing is racist as they arent actually saying things against the colour of her skin they are just saying things about her personality, and i agree with them that she is two faced and i didnt like her from the begining, but i dont see how people can say Danielle and Jo are doing anything wrong Jade is the one who has said the things which arent even that bad what she has said

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin View Post
    I think it's more an issue of class and jealousy. They are jealous of her money, her fame and her class. The woman has dignity and is 100 times the person them 4 are together.
    Why would they though? I didn't know who Shilpa was, so I very much doubt that Jade and Co knew who she was, so why would they be jealous of the fame?

As I've said, I think that C4 have used these rows for their own ratings winning show not caring on how anyone else looks or feels - Shilpa has today said that she doesn't feel its racially motivated, and shes the one under attack.

Why wasn't Jermaine hauled up for calling Jackiey, white trailer trash? Is that phrase less demeaning to Jackiey than some of the names called/said to Shilpa?

There are far more important things going on in our world and society than this pathetic excuse for an entertaining television show, which frankly should have ended a long time ago!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

Jessie Wallace (18-01-2007)

Something a bit more news worthy than whats kept us occupied the good part of a week, I'd rather hear about something that should have us ALL worried.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...#StartComments

I really can not see why this has caused such a stir. There has been no racial remarks what so ever. It is just simply two people having an argument or disagreement. Some people may call this bullying but it certainly not racist. We've seen Jade in the BB house before and she's had arguments with a countless number of people even Ken Russel this year. Most people who have gone into the BB house have had arguments but never has it ben such an issue. And this is beacuse its mostly been white on white. But for all this to have come about because Shilpa is indian i am sorry but that is just unacceptable. What messege is this saying to people? That other racses than yourselves can do what ever the hell they like and manipualte people and get away with it because they are of a different race. This happends all the time in the uk and i get sick of it. If the same thing were to happen between say Jade and Cleo nothing would have been said.

Danielle and Jo are not innocent in all of this but should they be punished and called a bully or a racist just because they sat and laughed? Fare enough they should have been a bit mature and taken shilpa's feelings on board but hwat about Jades? Why is shilpa the innocnet in all of this she started the row. Danielle and Jo have the right to laugh if they want to i dont feel this is any way part of the dibate so why bring them into it.

I feel that Jade doesnt get along with shilpa perhaps not because of her race nor that she is jelous. She wouldnt even know who shilpa was and i dont think jade is one to be jelous of her lifestyle. Shilpa is manipulating and very controling and a huge liar! She deserves what she gets. Anyone in jaeds situation would be riled by her but if they were white it wouldnt have been made into an issue.

What about Jermaine? He is the most racist in that house and the only one i have heard actually make a racist comment. 'White Trash?' what is that all about... why hasnt he been pulled up apon this. I think its ridiculous this has even been made into such an issue its pathetic!
    ~*~ Thanks to Collé For Banner ~*~

I feel like they have been racist in small bits like they do throw in the odd comment, I mean Jade and Daneille they are think as, so they probably dont even know what they are saying half the time but Im more shocked at Jo who is quite smart.

Thread Information